Malaysia Airlines loses contact with B777-200 enroute from KUL to PEK | Page 33 | FerrariChat

Malaysia Airlines loses contact with B777-200 enroute from KUL to PEK

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Peloton25, Mar 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    When this first happened I thought there was a chance the airplane was diverted by one of the pilots and landed somewhere. I really think that if that was the case it would have been found by now by someone. Probably the only plane on earth where it could have been kept secret this long is N Korea.

2. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Interesting, but it doesn't mention if she can recall here coordinates when she saw the object, or the objects direction, only that her memory is fuzzy. She mentions two other planes flying at higher altitudes in an opposite direction of the object. I wonder if their flight paths can be tracked from that night, at that time, possibly shedding light on an area to search?

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  4. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Or a shot on some TV talk shows for $5k per appearance....

Jedi

5. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Well, ....I figured give her the benefit of the doubt. Suppose I'm hoping for a break in the mystery sooner or later. I do agree there is major lack of info to her story, sort of mirrors the entire case.

6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    SORT OF? How about blatant playing into it?!?!

"We know absolutely nothing - and we have a new witness to confirm that... right after the break"

$5k to yet another "witness" or "expert"

I'm so SICK of what passes for "news" anymore. We used to have REPORTERS, who
    looked for FACTS - and there was no "scoop" until the FACTS were KNOWN.

Today? "Next Ophrah!!!"

Jedi

7. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Meteors were reported in the area that night. A longer than normal plane that was orange... M-E-T-E-O-R

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I really don't know what to think about any of this, but the part of the article that makes me think is it says she was near Thailand. Is someone trying to keep the focus around the Thailand region? And if so, why?

I don't believe this plane is on ground anywhere, if it was, something would have come to light by now. At least a tiny piece of info.

If it was redirected as one conspiracy suggests because of the patent, why? This would have to be some incredible kind of patent, even above monetary gain for someone to go to this length.

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Exactly.

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, here they go again...sorry for the article being in French, but to sum-it up, Chinese authorities have proceeded to a full, complete analysis of the INMARSAT datas, from these they have defined a new area of research and the whole thing is scheduled to resume soon over this new area...

Nouvelle zone de recherche pour le vol MH370

Rgds

11. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Nuclear fusion?

12. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where does it say Chinese authorities ? The search is being led by Australia, who announced the new search areas.

Revised MH370 search zone by end of June - Channel NewsAsia

M

13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    You're right of course, Mike, I mixed up the two countries due to an earlier info about China and the passengers: research will be again led by Australia. Sorry.

(question is, of course: is it something to be found?)

14. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No, not unless the aliens get tired of experimenting....

What is strange is that not one piece of debirs has been found floating or washed up anywhere...

M

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, I have no qualification whatsoever in marine currents appreciation...
    But could it be possible that it would take a very long time before a part being washed anywhere if the plane has sunk in the middle of the ocean?
    It's been nearly three months now, perhaps any floating debris that may have remained at the beginning has now sunk?
    Or whatever...I guess we must accept the idea that perhaps we will never know, after all...

Rgds

16. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Nothing will wash up.
    It was landed, IMHO

17. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    I think that if you switch the first two letters of nuclear to Unclear and add two more to fusion, like CONfusion you would have what this thing has turned into.

18. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    #818 KKSBA, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    In the last 35 years, two airliners have been lost without a trace, other than the MH777.

A 707 freighter in 1979. 6 souls on board.

A 727 stolen, presumed lost, from Angola with possibly only a couple of unrated mechanics on board that thought they could make it fly... Not for long.

This one is for the record books... Hundreds of souls, heavy twin, 21st century...

19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I believe the same thing, but what is the reason for this disappearance?

20. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Interesting but which island? There's quite a few islands in the south Indian sea.

21. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Re-cycled news, it was Diego Garcia.

Flying a sim to remote islands with large runways that you wouldn't likely ever go is not anything strange. Just curiosity and the fact you could.

22. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  23. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #824 Rifledriver, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    Not at all. If his personality was that he was a planner, had dental and doctor, hair appointments, friends and relatives birthdays planned out, that sort of thing and suddenly after the date of the flight his calendar is blank that is important. And nowhere does it say for that reason only. It is the totality of circumstances.

He had means, method and opportunity. Who else did? We know of 2 people aboard capable of flying the airplane. Name one better suited to the crime.

If my wife is murdered I am the prime suspect. No different. It is a working hypothesis until and unless further information is developed.

Unless you think it was caught in the tractor beam of an alien spacecraft he is at this point the most logical suspect.

24. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    There doesn't seem to be a motive or purpose for the "crime". Intentionally flying off into random oblivion with a couple hundred innocent victims stretches my level of incredulity. I of course can't rule it out but still wonder if the plane didn't go in a different direction and land "safely" somewhere. I'm confident that we've been told a BS cover story, regardless what the truth really is.