250 Rear springs.. | FerrariChat

250 Rear springs..

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Dingbat, Jun 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dingbat

Dingbat Rookie

Oct 27, 2013
    SE London
    Full Name:
    Bill Russell
    Hi All
    in my on going grind to put a spring back in the step of a somewhat tired 250 Lusso I removed the rear springs with the intention of replacing the pivoting shackle bushes as the sleeves had long since disintegrated, sadly for me the springs are in a bit of a state with a fair amount of wear and rust pitting between the leaves, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a manufacturer in the UK, GTO list 250 SWB springs, they can do a whole car if necessary, but they told me a SWB spring is shorter although it strikes me a leaf spring is a tricky thing to measure, any suggestions please, thanks Bill.

2. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Hi Bill, are they really that rusted that they cannot be re-arched and reconditioned? If you reconditioned them and they still didn't work you won't have wasted much. Then, you can look for new replacements at that point. The Lusso's leaf springs are assisted with coil-overs, so you have some help there.

john

3. cooperati

cooperati Rookie

Feb 23, 2007