Wiring Problems in Fuse Box | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wiring Problems in Fuse Box

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by SouthJersey400i, May 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Based upon your success I too bypassed the fuse board as you describe and it works great.
    Did this pulg burning happen after the bypass?
    Or maybe it had burned before the bypass and just now failed?
    Greg

2. JPinna

JPinna Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Pinna
    In the past I have had passengers complain of a clicking noise coming from the foot well. On the drivers side you cannot hear it. I have assumed these are the fuel pump relays as the noise is only on acceleration. Can any one confirm this is the case and wether this is normal. My car is a late 412.

3. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Greg
    Burning of contacts in fuse/relay panel is thing of past. I replaced plastic plug ins and the brass contacts when I re-wired.

JPinna
    There is no reason for fuel pump relays clicking while driving. When you start motor they are off until there is air flow to lift K-jet plate and then pumps come on while motor fires up. Pumps stay on until you shut her down. Even if you were having pumps dropping out that is downstream of relays which should remain on.
    Ken

4. Highmiler

Highmiler Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2010
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Yes Ken, I understand that.
    My question is whether you think the contacts in the gang plug burned after you direct wired the pumps to the battery and operated them via the original relays thereby bypassing the panel with the big amperage draw.
    That is to ask, do I have to watch out for burning plug contacts after I too wired the pumps direct?
    Greg

5. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Greg
    The current to operate the relay is minute, so that should never be an issue again. I did same with three radiator fans.
    Ken