Do you like Angular cars or Sleek Curved cars?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you like Angular cars or Sleek Curved cars??

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by plastique999, Jun 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Want a cookie?

2. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    #27 Flash G, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #28 jgoodman, Jun 6, 2014
  4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

...and curves... between the angles.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #30 UroTrash, Jun 6, 2014
  6. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I enjoy both I feel the sleek look is more sexy and looks good in certain colors while the angular look fits more aggressive sporting cars and in bright colors.

7. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    #32 Schultz, Jun 9, 2014
  8. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave

Spectacular cars.

9. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    I find angular cars like the countach to be more shocking and exotic to look at than more rounded or combinations of rounded and angular like many Ferrari's. But for reasons I don't understand, I have a much stronger emotional connection to the shapes of the Ferrari's. I suppose its similar to why we are attracted to different types of women.

10. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
  11. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I like both. But I've always preferred sleek angular straight lines. Testarossa was my first love. Love the BMW, Mercs, and Lexuses of the 90s. Boxy is good as long as the car is stanced well with a nice low slung hood on it. The curvy fad which started in the early 2000s has DEFINITELY come to an end. Some of the cars that came out of it were great looking. The CLS Mercedes and the a5/s5 audi to name a few from the mainstream. The Murcielago and the Carrera GT are the only other two that I really think of. To be honest I wasn't too happy with the job that Ferrari did after the Maranello. I thought that the 360 was a sexy car but not pretty enough and not as pretty as the 550. 612, 599 did absolutely NOTHING for me. F12 is a good correction on that 599 crap. They hadn't made a stunning 12 cylinder since the 575 IMO. Lambo beat them in the looks department during those years. No question. And why on earth the other car manufacturers jumped on the curve bandwagon is beyond me. Chris Bangle was out of his mind to make such ugly cars. I know it was time to start moving away from the angular stuff, but man. At least make the cars good looking.