Color choice for F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Color choice for F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by markmoon, May 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cayman6616

Cayman6616 Rookie

May 26, 2013

yes, if your house sets on fire automatically on its own, you should probably move...

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    So you drive a Volvo?

Best

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Unfortunately all car makes can experience fires. I'm not sure if Ferrari is really any more prone of if its a case of no one really making a big deal when they see a more common make of car on fire but when its a Ferrari they stop and take pictures.

I've had many Ferraris and driven probably over 50,000 miles combined in them and not once have I had any sort of fire issue with the car (aside from smoking some tires ;) ).

I wouldn't worry too much. Plus the F12 has been in production for a little while now so I'm sure they've worked out any issues.

4. LewSF

LewSF Formula Junior

May 20, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Lewis Blevins
    Look at the user handle...maybe a Cayman.

5. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    My own personal view is that with a car that has lines like the Berlinetta does, you don't necessarily want a metallic paint as much as you might on another vehicle. That's one of the reasons that the flat paints look so great on the F12 (and the 458), but flat paint may be a bridge too far. I happen to think the Rosso Mugello is the perfect classic look for the F12. (I saw the pics of the Rubino above and, while it is close to the Mugello, it is ever so slightly more purple and thus it kind of has that "candy apple" hue to it -- not a bad thing, but for me it invokes memories of the original Mitsubishi Eclipse!)

6. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I hope this is a gag question. Reading this nearly ruined an enjoyable thread.

7. markmoon

markmoon Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Brian,

Wow. It's been a long time. Still have great memories of our 2003 trip to "Mecca". Many years and several Ferraris have since graced my garage and I still love the marque as I know you do. Looking forward to sharing a great experience with Alison and Caroline. They are even taking us to Montana on their dime!! Of course, they'll surely more than make it up on the F12. Thanks for the suggestions. Take care of yourself. Mark

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Fortunately not! ;)

9. samtau

samtau Rookie

Sep 2, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sam
    3 weeks ago I took delivery of my new F12. I have chosen Rosso Fuoco, black leather interior with red stiching. Wheels painted in shiny black. I think this is the coolest colour combo there is!!!

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    It sure sounds beautiful. Would you be willing to share some pictures? Congratulations!

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    #36 ag512bbi, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm a huge fan of the tan interior/Red stitching with Culio (?) upper dash. I think I would have picked different seats now, But oh well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I really like the looks of those seats, hopefully they are comfortable. And the cuoio upper with beige lower is quite different but very cool. My FF has cuoio upper and lower with crema inserts which I would never have ordered but I love now. Yours is very cool indeed.

Can you tell me, the black standard steering wheel, is the leather perforated and are the horn buttons therefore easy to press? My FF has a cuoio wheel and non-perforated leather and the horn buttons are very hard to press compared to my Cali with the standard black leather.

Rick

13. samtau

samtau Rookie

Sep 2, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I sure will. Just Need to clean My babe a little......

14. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    #39 Condor Man, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    Yeeesss on red metallic; I wonder how gorgeous RR Madeira Red might be on an F12; only one way to find out!

16. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    +1 all the way.