N.J. Ferrari owners? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

N.J. Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ready321now, May 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ready321now

ready321now Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    In my case...I am waiting for my new manifolds....and figured I would give everyone time to sort their schedule. Feel free to organize one sooner if you like. Maybe I could be a passenger if my 355 is still on the lift.

2. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just an idea...what about cruising up to the Greenwich Concours next Sunday (May 31st - American cars, June 1st - "Imports")? That's always a fun weekend.

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Umm, Lamborghini or Porsche farm tractor only.

4. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Ready ,

Where are you getting manifolds from ?

5. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Heard McLaren and John Deere are taking about a merger.

6. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Decided to go with Nouvalari. It took almost a month for them to be made and shipped, unfortunately. (torture!!!!) In any case they are getting ceramic coating this week in PA (company is called Bonehead, ask for Chuck, reccomended by Glenn from Nouvalari USA)

I chose them for the following reasons:

They are the cheapest of the high-quality manifolds.
    They are the same 4-2-1 design as OEM, and I will likely retain my midrange power a bit more than other configs which seem to scoop power from the middle and push it to the top end of the RPM range. I spend 90% of my time in the midrange.
    I have a Nouvalari Sport exhaust which sounds PHENOMENAL.

Ferrari of Long Island will be installing them prob the 1st week of June. Then, I am back in business...

7. Martinmerc

Martinmerc Rookie

May 3, 2005
    New jersey
    Full Name:
    Martin Mercorelli
    360 Spider - Grigio Nurburgring - Union County NJ. would love to participate.

8. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Great! I drove up to Bergen C&C last two times I went out. Lots of nice cars....especially at the Maserati C&C.....but would love to stay a little more local for a change and Red Bank C&C is on Saturdays.....no good for me :-(

9. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Well, how does a Sunday, June 29th, Jersey Shore meet-up sound for everyone? We can:

1.) Do a loop by the bay and beach/ boardwalk, take some pictures of cars by the water with a model if people want (all in favor?!) (see above postings)
    2.) Then take a loop around a few of the back-roads in the pinelands...20 to 40 miles perhaps.
    3.) Finish up at a decent restaurant for lunch/ late lunch and Ferrari war stories. (Will find a good place...have some ideas.)

I think it will be a great time, spread over 3-4 hours.

The model is optional...

Having good fun is not...let's all meet up!

Who is in?

10. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Jersey Shore - What part of it? I presume Atlantic County?
    Pinelands - Again, massive. Atlantic County?

11. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Exit 82, though I wouldn't want to spend too much time in Seaside Heights...just a roll-through on the way to take some pictures...

12. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
  13. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If you do 6/29, I believe Cars & Cannolis (C&C for Italian cars) is meeting on Staten Island. Might be a fun meetup spot.

14. AEman69A

AEman69A Karting

Jan 13, 2011
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    360 in Piscataway, NJ.

I'd definitely be interested in meeting you gents.

15. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I'm in...located in Monmouth County.

Erik - '95 456.

16. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Any developments?

17. Jms15

Jms15 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    manhattan
    430 spyder in monmouth county during summer weekends..

18. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Okay so it looks like things are starting to come together for June 29th. It seems more and more people are expressing interest in getting down to the Jersey Shore area, specifically exit 82 near Seaside Heights. Being by the water, we can take a great round of pictures by the bay and then hit some of those pine-barrens back roads for a loop before lunch. As of right now I am developing a good route and investigating good place to stop for lunch that has ample parking. Since April and May seemed to have rained themselves out I am expecting good weather.
    I'm not exactly sure how much time we want to spend in Seaside Heights. I picture the time we spend on that side of the bridge will be more for pictures in Seaside Park.... and a loop by the bay and ocean. We can briefly check out the missing chunk of Boardwalk from the fire we had in October...as it is currently being rebuilt...and then set off on a loop. We can even take a quick peek at some houses turned on end from Hurricane Sandy.
    I say we get together about 10 o'clock so by the time we eat lunch it'll be somewhere around 1 ish.

Please feel free and open to add your ideas or suggestions! More details to follow and I will be emailing everyone individually to get a better idea of anticipated attendance in 3 weeks from now.

As I type...my manifolds are being put on the car and I expect to have her back by Friday. I wouldn't mind hitting one of the cars & coffee events in between now and then and maybe meet a few people before the 29th.

Cheers. ..Brian

19. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Damn,

I will be on holiday ...so I hope this is a one shot gathering

20. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    You mean NOT a 1-shot? lol I hope to do this once a month through October. I am sure we will have another meet-up beyond this.

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Good deal ... There are quite a few owners in Nj

22. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    The idea of bringing along a professional photographer came up as well. Does anyone know of one we can bring along as a passenger if you have an empty seat in your vehicle?

Now here is another good question which came up also:
    should we invite a semi professional model to the shoot?
    I have found one who will gladly do it. She wants to turn it into a calendar. She just texted me asking if we will still want her to come along. There is another reason I have brought this up: this will undoubtedly be a fun day for Ferrari owners yet the passengers of these owners might happen to be wives and girlfriends who might not be interested in seeing a semi professional model bending over the hood of your car.
    I think I need a little bit of feedback on this. I'm basically gonna take it like a vote.
    I am single and I vote yes .
    I will probably be bringing a female passenger so if you want a very attractive semi professional model as your passenger show up with an empty passenger seat and she can go from car to car and I am sure she would absolutely love it. Being from Italy she is a huge fan of Ferrari.

So? What do you guys think?!

23. bosshog8

bosshog8 Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2011
    Pinelands NJ
    Full Name:
    Demetrius
    A model is fine but I really don't care either way. Pics, no pics. Model, no model. A nice looking woman is always appreciated.

24. NA1MT

NA1MT Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ron
    All good with me, I'll have an empty seat if needed. I think we should avoid the Sandy carnage though.....the road construction in those areas is nothing short of brutal on wheels....unless of coarse they are done on Rt35 by then.

25. ready321now

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Ok good! I actually did part of the loop today and took note of the roads. Some info: rt 35 is fine the first 10 blocks...we would basically just dip in Lavallette where the roads are no problem...then u turn and head west. My 355 can handle what I saw today. I will be driving the entire loop a few times before the 29th...and there's nothing I hate more than scraping my front end...Trust me. I think they are getting ready to pave 35 north...as 35 south was freshly paved.