Wiring diag. item 66 "Socket" | FerrariChat

Wiring diag. item 66 "Socket"

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ed_Trottier, May 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed_Trottier

Ed_Trottier Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 10, 2008
    Moneta, VA (SML)
    Full Name:
    Ed Trottier
    All--Item 66 "Socket" is shown directly under speedometer on wiring diag. (Owner's Manual "fold-out" occupying pages 113-114.) Socket has 2 male spade lugs on top, with socket opening pointed down, but socket is empty. There is a stripped black wire hanging nearby. Used a jumper to see if I could get continuity (light) between black wire and lugs. No luck, but got a faint "buzz" when I touched body of socket. Maybe relay "chatter??" Could Socket 66 be seat belt buzzer? Could it be courtesy light for driver's footwell (my overhead courtesy light works perfectly, even "time-delay" relay after I shut the door). Red "Brake" and "Fasten Seat Belts" lights don't work correctly, but I'm fine with their current set-up. I get red "Fasten Seat Belts" light when brake pulled, and when driving with or without belts fastened, "Fasten Seat Belts" is out. I never get red "Brake" light. There is NO courtesy light in passenger footwell, and I do NOT see "courtesy light" in wiring diag. Note that wiring diag. item 70 is "Interior light and switches", and 75 is "Timer for interior lights." (Why is it "lights" if only one in overhead???) Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Item 66 on the later 400i OM schematic is the "emergency light socket" (aka accessory power socket or trouble light socket) -- there's one on most, if not all, street F (and it would normally be empty with the emergency light being stowed in the toolkit or elsewhere). It should have AR (light blue/red) wires connected to one of the male spades, the other male spade is unused, and the body is ground (which might have an N, black, wire involved, but it's not shown on the schematic). Are there no (unused or "pirated" for something else) AR (light blue/red) wires (swagged into a single female spade terminal) in the area?

3. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    As Steve said wrt emergency light.
    There are no footwell lights on the 400's that I'm aware of. The 'lights' that the OM is referring to are the overhead console lights, one front & one in the rear...both work in tandem.

4. Ed_Trottier

Ed_Trottier Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 10, 2008
    Moneta, VA (SML)
    Full Name:
    Ed Trottier
    THANKS to you both for your helpful replies! I have map-reading light inside glove box, and checked to see if it is "unpluggable and moveable." It is not. No evidence of portable "trouble light" stored elsewhere in car. However, with modern LED flashlights, not really necessary. I'm just glad to have the mystery solved! Thanks again.

Currently getting GREAT service at GTM and Son in nearby Greenville, SC (we live in Aiken). These are the guys who restored a Ferrari 275GTB (2-cam, I think) for Pebble Beach last year. Took a Platinum Award with 98 pts, I think it was. Father and Son and families moved to US from Belgium. Father has long and illustrious Euro racing career. He worked on the "one and only" Pantera to finish leMans...TWICE ! It is the orange, Camel/Blindex/Radio Monte Carlo/Fedoro car #32, a pic of which is hanging in my garage. My 400iGT starts, idles and runs perfectly, thanks to them.

Ed Trottier