What was I thinking??? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

What was I thinking???

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Linas, Jan 26, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    tsk,tsk,tsk

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    LINAS:
    it is getting time that you modify your add at ebay. this water damaged car is the same as an accident car and you have to tell the buyer this.
    until now I thaught you like to keep this car for yourself. you never would get a TR cheaper. but now as you like to sell it is not ok not to tell what was going on with this car.

I had a equal case with ebay and during auction I told ebay that the description has been not ok. this the seller has wriiten in a personal mail to me after asking. nevertheless ebay has done nothing and the new owner after a while recognized this wrong description. now they are are court.

I wish you not good luck under this circumstances, I see this as cheating

thx DarkShines for the info ! ! ! :)

3. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    He may not be a Nigerian scammer but I find it very distasteful and sad that he is not being transparent and truthful about the history of this car.

Curtis

4. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    MUST do the DD on your own, internet really helps with this and, imho, Linas was incredibly remiss (stupid) to think that after months of f-chat posting a potential buyer would not become aware. Many many cars can fall under this heading !!

Jack

5. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Are there not laws for selling flood cars without full disclosure in Vilnius, Lithuania?

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Is it a law here? Don't think so. I'm trying to sell a car for a friend and he bought it from a dealer 5 years ago, had damage history in its past but he only found out now that he's trying to sell. Dealer never said one word. Unethical, yes

7. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    It is very illegal to sell a salvage or flood car without disclosure, the car needs to go through an inspection process that varies for each state, but then it is branded on the title and a sticker is affixed on the door jamb stating that it was at one time just that.

A fender bender accident does not have to be disclosed.

I have redone 4 salvage cars here in Florida so I am familiar with the process.

8. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Has anybody contacted him via eBay message to let him know the cat is out of the bag, at least here on Fchat?

9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    in germany we don´t have a special rule for flooded cars

if a privat is selling an accident car ( so not only a scratch in a bumper ) the law says, that if the buyer is not asking the seller not has to tell. if you are a business man then you have to tell the buyer even he is not asking.

but until now I don´t know any jurisdiction to flooded cars in germany, but in all staates this problem would be handled different, and I think it is the same as a heavy damaged car.

but nevertheless so many people know about this car and if the future owner is not a member here but later may be will get one he can see what linas was selling. I think it is ok that he tries to sell, he was driving the car and I think it is all ok. but he has to tell as good as he knows the car history, without anybody asking.

but his handling is usual to the people in ex russia and the nearest countries there. they don´t care about.

I will never help him again because of this handling just now he is doing. so bye linas

10. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    #185 Linas, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    Hi all, I have answered all Ebay PMs immediately after receiving them, sending the VIN of the car and a link to this thread. That is how DarkShines got to this thread (by the way, calling me scamming bastard via ebay PM is not really nice). As for the actual thread, sure, I will modify to include this. This is understandable.

Now may I ask for forum members, who contacted me via Ebay, to confirm that I did share with you the VIN of the car and link to this thread? Just want to get this straight.

11. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    #186 Linas, May 16, 2014
    Ebay listing updated!

My Ebay message to DarkShines earlier today, just for reference:

Well, it is no reserve auction, so the price will depend on the bidders' interest. If no one else will bid, the first and only bidder now will get it for 34,500. It came from US without a service book and we had to remanufacture keys here in Europe. VIN is ZFFSA17S000077665. I also have Car Fax report, which I could share with you via email. Here is my detailed thread about this car in Ferrari Chat: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/boxers-tr-m/396632-what-i-thinking.html Take some time to read it, check the pictures, do some further googling of this VIN. This is a super honest car for a fair price. Let me know in case of further questions.

His reply to this message was with a personal insult.

12. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    34500 British Pound Sterling equals
    58060.05 US Dollar

Seems like a lot for a flood car

13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    but you are still nothing writing about a flooded car ! ! !
    not to DarkShines and also not in ebay
    and only because you are refering to the chatt here is not a gentleman handling :( :( :(

14. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    +1

15. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
  16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Come on man... Keep it clean and keep it straight.. Not telling the story I'm sorry is a d*ck move.. Plain and simple.. Dont be a d*ck.. If you wanna be a d*ck then we will treat you like one.. Very simple..

R

17. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    much better now linas

but why you did not do this just at the beginning????? :( :( :(

also the one bid I think it is a fake done by a friend of you
    but good luck by selling. in 10 years you will think back and then you will get angry that you sold the TR. but this then is your problem :)

we are here in the forum like a big friendly family and all are pretty welcome if they need help or advice. but this what you did now linas before you changed some things is not ok for this family here. I don´know how other members think about your handling, but I really don´t want to have again anything with you to do. so best you forget me and delete me from your mailing list. thx

18. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Really not sitting well with me either..

R

19. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    I did with a very straight forward question - was this a flood car from US? He answered almost immediately.

He did reply with the VIN and a link to this thread.

So, kudos for that. But like Mr. Chairman, it just does not sit right with me that this was not disclosed in the original ad. Afterall, we were all shocked by the ease with which the car was resurrected. Maybe it is a good car or maybe there are yet issues to be found in time.

As noted previously it is up to the buyer to do proper due diligence.

CC

20. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James
    I found this thread because a friend of mine researched the model for me as I was looking to buy Linus's car! I then looked at the thread in disbelief before emailing Linus with my views!!! Later that day he sent me the above message as shown!

I am just about to report the matter to eBay, for no other reason than to earn others that there will be potential headaches with the car.

The Ferrari world is a relatively small world & it takes no time at all to get a bad word around. Not stating the flood damage is disgusting, especially as Linus himself now knows what these cars cost to repair & maintain.

I can only assume that his intention was to sell it for profit all along, his mistake being that he started this thread!!! Very silly move!

I hope the bidder on eBay sees this, I'm almost positive he will retract his bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I often reported ebay germany about things that has been not right but they do nothing, absolutely nothing.
    they are only getting their money and that was it. no service at all like they did about 15 years before :( :( :(

but thank you for reporting this case here in the forum :) :) :)

22. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You know, many of you were high fiving him not long ago for saving this car ...NOW he turns around to sell it , and fixes the error in his ad and many of you are up in Arms with pitch forks.
    Give it a rest !

23. Linas

Linas Karting

Jan 26, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Linas
    Never had intentions to sell it for the profit, first place. I was up to the challenge to save the car. Let's be clear on this. It just happened, that I am going to sell it to fund another exciting project. Thought about posting similar project thread here, as it would have been interesting read for sure. Since it appears that now I am on some kind of black list for life even after sharing all info with potential buyers (all of them got VIN and link to this thread to do their due dilligence), I don't think, I will bother. Personal attacks do not help either.

24. FiatRN

FiatRN Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Drout
    #199 FiatRN, May 16, 2014
    Linas

There are a couple people here who are angry. Please ignore them and keep the silent majority happy by posting your car projects. Reading through this has been exciting, and I look forward to your next endeavor.

Jonathan
    Denver, CO, US
    GT4 15302

25. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Don't worry about the small stuff. I would have thought you were in for a long battle, but you turned this car around, kuddos to you!
    Good luck with your sale!