330 GTC MARKET VALUE | Page 7 | FerrariChat

330 GTC MARKET VALUE

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by geno berns, Feb 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    07535 was born Celeste but Mr Belmondo did not like the original color and had the car sent brand new to Carrosserie Chapron in Paris where it was repainted Rosso Rubino.

Marcel Massini

2. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Marcel,

Could you please provide us with a guide (a range) for 330GTC and 365GTC prices (the range from a complete project car with cosmetic and mechanical needs to either a perfect survivor or no excuses top restoration (i.e., one completed by a shop like Motion Products, Paul Russell, etc.)? Thank you.

3. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    Does anybody know if there was any 330/365 GTC original born in Giallo/Yellow color?

Thanks in advance

Julius

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Four 330 GTC in Giallo Fly and Giallo Solare.

Three 365 GTC in Giallo 2.669.028 and Giallo Fly Italver.

Marcel Massini

5. Julius H.

Julius H. Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Julius
    interesting many thanks Marcel

6. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #156 JazzyO, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    I don't think it is fair to ask that of Marcel. He is not your personal shopping guide. Besides, in this market, prices change every week, and the US market is currently higher than the Euro market. It should also be said that buying a vintage Ferrari is always a gamble, and what the actual value is the price that buyer and seller agree on. You can say "it is NOT worth what you ask" but you might then see the car go to someone else. Or you can buy it and think you have paid too much, only to find it has become worth more overnight and seller thinks "I should have asked more". Or it can go the other way. This is the name of the game.

What I can say is that in the current market the seller holds the cards.

There have been several price references of actual recent sales given in this thread, use those as a guide and then do your own appraisal for an individual car just like we all do.

Onno

7. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Hi Onno,

My sincere apologies if I have offended you or anyone else. I was simply trying to get a value from a highly informed and respected source. Marcel recently opined on the value of 275 4-Cams and I thought that he might be willing to do the same for GTCs.

Best,
    Barchetta

8. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Seriously? Onno I believe the gentleman can ask for guidance of some one he perceives of been an expert and it's up to who he is asking to respond. He can also ask for the same of any one he pleases. It's not up to you to decide what questions it's "alright" to ask of Marcel.

9. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I didn't decide anything Geno. I just gave my opinion, same as you did in your post. I still stick by mine. Why do you get a bee in your bonnet about it?

It wasn't offensive, Barchetta, and I didn't say so. But I think it was a bit lazy. This whole thread is full of price references from people in the know who have provided them free of charge and they are plenty to get your figures in the ball park.

Marcel needs to make his living and he is harrassed by hundreds of people wanting free advice all the time. I for one completely understand if he doesn't answer all of those requests. As it is, he already does much more without asking anything in return than I personally would. Anyway - he does not need me defending him.

But personally, I would only ask for his time with a very specific question and I would not mind if he charged me for it. He is not here for the hobby, it is his livelihood.

Onno

10. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #160 geno berns, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    No bee in the bonnet, just making a point, you always like too.
    On Fchat advise and help is all over the place. This is why people come on. To share their experience and knowledge. Those who want questions answered ask and get answers every time. Don't matter if it's on valuation or a technical question. If one is a member here giving out advise, including Marcel who has been very helpful to many on Fchat and who often volunteers information with out solicitation (consistently), than it's fair game. Implying that there should be a cost applied to get a simple question answered on this public forum (no mater who is being asked), is uncalled for.

Geno

11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    So, we're nearly a year later down the road. What is the perception of a road worthy, driver condition 330 GTC? Two are slated to cross the block in Monaco this weekend. It will be interesting to see...

12. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    If I can share an opinion, the 330 GTC seems to be the car everyone wants.
    Phil Hill's praise many years ago on this car has helped as well.

I think $500 is too low and $800 is too high for a good driver.
    But the best place to get a fair value is the auctions.

If you want one--pay the money & you will have it.
    I did around 4 years ago and it was a good move.

Beside the money--it is a fun car to have and very
    easy to drive.

Ken Goldman

13. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    So $670,000 for a nice, complete numbers matching, rust free driver is not totally out of whack? And well sorted, some spares, complete tool kit etc etc and recent service, along with documentation? It's just a weird appreciation to me...Two years ago a gorgeous driver was advertised @ $200K, then the climb went astronomical...

14. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Anyone have any results from Coys Monaco?

15. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    $728,xxx USD for the 330 GTC @ Coys, but I'm not sure if that's the total realized price, or before commissions.

16. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
  17. gtospoons

gtospoons Karting

Jun 16, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Full Name:
    Chris Withers
  18. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Pretty color.

A few incorrect items stick out, mostly simple to fix, but not confidence inspiring for a car priced at the top end of the market.

Polished wheels - Not a fan. Are these aluminum? The original Cromodoras were magnesium and I doubt could be polished like that. Borranis were optional.
    Pininfarina badge - From a later model, should be white enameled.
    Radio - Later Blaupunkt, most GTC's came with a Becker Europa or Mexico.
    Incorrect fuel lines - Should be yellow spiral fuel line.
    Toolkit - GTC Tools came in a roll, similar to the jack. The suitcase is from a later car like a Boxer. This is hardly an "original tool roll" as described.

19. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Not wishing to nit-pick John, but the wheels are Campagnolo, rather than Cromodora, and are made of a magnesium alloy. I have seen highly polished ones on several cars and I don't much like them either!

Not sure about the Pininfarina badge - the word should be satin finish, not highly polished, but I think (the original) crest on my '68 car is similar to that shown.

John

20. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    So let me pose this question. What would you pay for a clean, no stories, rust-free, 1967 Ferrari 330 GTC, Camp wheels, all numbers match, red-on-black, complete correct tools?

21. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    I think you need to give us more info?

What is condition of car overall---3+--2+ as this means a lot.

Also, I think red is the wrong color for the GTC (In my opinion)

If it is a very nice driver & needs little or no work to be done, then I believe
    $550 to $650 is the right range today

Ken Goldman

22. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The GTC is one Ferrari that doesn't look its best in red.

Not that I'd turn down a red one.

23. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    My bad, I continually get those mixed up, thanks.

24. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Flags on the ashtray should be: one blue and one white. Not both white...

25. sinkman

sinkman Karting

Oct 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    A lovely 330 GTC, Australian delivered, light metallic blue, body 3+, mechanicals 2+, sold off-market very quickly for AU$900k.