CS Market | Page 223 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Agreed. I know many Stradales have had insignificant paint work. I dont think that makes a storied car. Salvage title, panel replacement or reshaping. Stolen, engine replacements, fires. That's storied.

2. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    +1 The recent blue CS at Switchcars would be considered a storied car. However, you can get a great deal on a storied car given how fast that car was sold.

3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Looks like a Ford GT to me ..

4. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    #5554 atomic80, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    great pic Jason. Rosso corsa? I wish mine was RC. I prefer the "red" as opposed to the " orange" tint on the RS. guess I'll just have to suffer. ;-)

6. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sorry, let me fix that for you.

........ yet another storied CS. Shame. :p

7. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    I can't recall whether this one was Corsa or Scuderia. stokpro would know for sure. Looks like Corsa to me.

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    It could use a matching passenger airbag cover... not sure why the dash was re-wrapped in leather.

Agreed re: criteria for storied label. Lots of CS's with paintwork from door dings, hopping a curb, whacking door on a ladder, backing into garage door, spinning backwards into a ditch, etc... all those examples have happened and are not storied situations in my book.

Nice. That was a blast! I put some serious miles on that one. Should've kept that one in the stable.

Nope, she was RS w/ red/alcantara, radio delete, factory stripe, RS calipers, extinguisher.

LOL

9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #5559 arizonaitalian, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    I'm a bit slow sometimes...so you are attempting humor or sarcasm? I didn't get that fwiw (and i wasn't alone). If you were, I think that's a bad decision, potential buyers search google for VINs and seeing the word "storied" attached to that VIN in jest is unfair to the car and future owners imho. If, otoh, you were being serious (see, I'm real slow, I still am not sure, largely because the humor is absent if you were jesting) I still don't see why or would appreciate a more clear response to your calling the car "storied".

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    This is why I've always said the "orange tint" in RS only shows in certain lighting or when right next to a RC car. Even Spdrcrj, an RS owner, were followed by the color on this car. As was atomic80. As have I been on many occasions. Conclusion? For me, the whole "orange" thing with regard to RS is overdone..it looks plainly red in the vast, vast majority of lighting and pics (as it does here). Its a cool color and special because it was the first road car painted in that F1 color (as I understand it). And, to our RC brothers, I love that color too and would gladly have it on any F-car.

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yup. RC looks great on CS. As does RS. RS only appears "orangey" in certain lights. RS was originally made for the CS so always a good choice.

12. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    I had an RS F430 before my RC scud. RC is sort of a plain red while RS is really special. In bright sunlight, it just glows - almost has a fluorescent effect.

13. Bigdjjd

Bigdjjd Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    I would love to find a nice CS in RS or Tour Blue.... A no stories car would be my preference but it seems like there aren't many around. Anyone?

14. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Any recent sales? I only see one on ebay. Curious to see what actual sales prices are right now. PM me if you'd like. Thanks

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yes. Are you in the States?

Very few sales as there are only a handful of CS's currently for sale. Even fewer good examples available.

16. Bigdjjd

Bigdjjd Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Yes, I'm in the US.

17. Bigdjjd

Bigdjjd Rookie

Mar 25, 2014

Stokpro,
    Just sent you a PM back. Give me a call to discuss. Many thanks!

18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Still looking myself....

19. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    i loved rs when it first came out on the cs. i fell out of love when i ordered my first 599 in rs and have avoided the colour ever since. i never get tired of rc. my cs is rc, no stripe, radio delete, sliding windows, etc. car still only has 1200kms. i bought it with 800kms so i have depreciated it and will do so further

20. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice pick up. Did that car come from Conn. owner? I think I know the car.

21. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    #5572 SS2012, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    #5573 awatkins, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    This is just to give a shout-out to/re Stokpro for his help in both buying and selling my CS.

In particular, the sale was so smooth and painless I was astonished: I told him I wanted to sell, he suggested an asking price, a couple days later came to me with a good offer and a few days later the deal was done. Not only that, but the buyer is a great guy with a fascinating role in the car hobby world that I'm really happy to know. But I will leave it to him to introduce himself if he so chooses.

So if you need to move a good CS in either direction, Stokpro (Andrew) is your guy. He knows where all the good ones are, as wells as the good buyers and sellers.

23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yeah, I'm still looking.. haven't heard anything..

24. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H