WTB 400i 5 speed | FerrariChat

WTB 400i 5 speed

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by porschecarl, Mar 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porschecarl

porschecarl Rookie

Oct 24, 2013
    Manhattan Beach
    Full Name:
    carl tofflemire
    I'd appreciate any assistance in locating a solid example of a 400i manual. Wish list items include:

Straman Conv
    California registration
    Excellent service history

I am open to other options though a 5 speed is really my preference.

Thanks

Carl

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Terrible audio in this video, and it was for sale 7 years ago, but heck, you never know. Email the guy and see if he knows where it is. If you can handle that color combination that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUe6NjxbCdg

3. kaiser

kaiser Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    johannesburg
    That is an auto. Sounds good though, and a bit of wheel spin upon start and change into second?

4. scs550

scs550 Rookie

Dec 25, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Hi Carl,

I just bought a 400i Pavesi Convertible 5-speed from Milan for myself, but there is another one in France; 5 speed manual, known history, red/red . Since it is more than 25 years old, should be easy to import to the States.
    To my eyes, Pavesi managed it best designing the Convertible top so the body line is not hurt. And the conversion does look very professional, unlike some others.

Best, Sven

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    You may need to broaden your search criteria a bit as I know of only two 5 speed convertible conversions in the U.S. and only one of those is confirmed as a Straman conversion. The latest entry I have for that one is in Florida in 2000. The other was advertised as a Straman conversion but an FChatter who examined it posted that he doubted that was true and he felt it probably was an Autowest conversion. The latest entry I have shows it in Colorado in 2009.

If you would consider an automatic convertible, that adds about another 18 versions to the potential pool although I don't know how many of those are both Straman conversions and California compliant. One of those in the U.S. is the former Pete Townsend RHD version owned by FChatter on here.

6. scs550

scs550 Rookie

Dec 25, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Hello Carl,

I just purchased a grey/red 400i 5-speed Pavesi conversion which in my opinion is the best looking and also is very well executed.
    While looking for my car I heard of another one in France which also is a 5 speed, in red/red.
    All the others currently for sale in Europe that I know off are automatics, from different conversion companies. Import should not be too hard since > 25 years old.
    Good luck finding the right vehicle!

Sven

PS: My post might be double since it did not work first time around

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Ah you're right Kaiser. I didn't look closely enough and had another video up that was a 5-speed but not a conversion.