Cortile Italian carshow @ Pittsburgh Vintage GP July 20 & 21st | FerrariChat

Cortile Italian carshow @ Pittsburgh Vintage GP July 20 & 21st

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by ProRallyCodriver, Jul 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
  2. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    See you there!

3. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    I'm in as well.

4. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    Great, maybe I'll see you in Hagerstown Friday morning??

Looking forward to the vintage racing, my chief mechanic is ready, (also navigator and photographer ;-) Can't wait.

5. ProRallyCodriver

ProRallyCodriver Formula 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave Shindle
    Will be towing up from Montgomery County Friday AM. Should be crewing for Rick Kellett's white Alfa and Joe P's Abarth in the GP.

6. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Z - We will be arriving Friday AM in company of Eric (Modena2904) and his 348 Speciale.

See you then!

7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I'm hoping to meet some of you guys on Saturday!

8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    We'll be driving to Pittsburgh from Central PA sometime Friday, there is also a group from the area that will also be driving out.

9. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    George - would love to meet up with you and talk about your 308 restoration. I will be driving a White/Red Testarossa.

Curtis

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sorry I missed you Curtis, but I think I saw your car! I think there were more Ferraris than ever.

11. bernardmartin

bernardmartin Rookie

Jul 24, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Bernard Martin
    Thanks for posting the Cortile!

We beat the rain at this year!

We featured Ferrari as the 2013 Proiettore Macchina and hosted the special edition, one-off Ferrari 599GTB-HGTE that was part of the 50 Anni di Passione Tour.

We had some rain early Saturday morning but that was it until Sunday around 5:30pm. The rain seemed to avoid the entire race and car show areas of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix.

We had a great turnout of Ferrari's. A pretty large group of folks from FCA - Mid Atlantic region made the trip up and even made some great looking Cortile hats for the drive.

The Cortile Cup was won by a, quite literally, by a 'just' restored 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso

The ‪‎Ferrari‬ Class Cortile Cup winner was Frank Ziccarelli for his 1975 Ferrari 365 BB

Judges for this years event where Chad Ensz, from the Ferrari Market Letter, Wayne Long, Mid Atlantic Sport cars, and well known names in Ferrari circles Stan Mariskovic and Steve Barney.

On Saturday, we had a great sunny day with the PVGP Italian Race drivers and crew joining us for lunch where we had some great art work on display from Race and Car Show photographer Matt Little. Dan Torisky, one of the founders of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and President of the Autism Society of Pittsburgh, one of the two charities of the PVGP, was the keynote speaker. We asked him to talk about some of the early history and anecdotes about how it all got started. He had some great Myron Cope quotes, as the originator to the Terrible Towel was also a founder. Getting Dan to speak was a great idea that started with a request from Dennis Gilligan of FCA- Mid Atlantic whose group wanted to know more about the whole PVGP.

Saturday is mainly the day for the car shows so....

On Sunday we had a great lunch trackside at the private viewing area at the Historic Westinghouse Fountain. It was hosted by the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy that actually manages all of Schenely Park when it's not race week. It was great to see the expressions on peoples faces when the race cars volleyed for position into the turn, apexed and then took advantage of the pre-apex position all the way up the hill. The Cortile Fountain area sits where you can watch them coming and going.

All in all I think everyone had a great time and we got to raise money for the charities while doing it. If you want to check out the photo album click on over to our website; Photos - The Cortile

12. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    We're already planning the 2014 PVGP and the Italian Cortile. It would be great to have as many Ferrari's and other Italian cars there as possible. Here is the link to the new site:
    Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix