Workshop Manual | FerrariChat

Workshop Manual

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ozmondy, Jan 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Am I missing something or am I right in saying the factory manual is a joke inso far as that it does not outline any removal or install destructions for basically any task.
    I have just had the front end out and no instruction...shocks out for rebuild ...no instruction....want to pull radiator ....no instruction
    Even the simplest task is not illustrated or lacks description....

Is there another source that is informative rather than flying blind.

Google radiator removal from Mondial and see what you get....a heap of threads relating to 308 which from what I can see is nothing like the task at hand.

Theres my rant .....breathe ....I feel better

Not really

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I owned my first Mondial pre-internet and was given a copy of the repair manual from the fine folks at Kroymans Ferrari B.V. (Hilversum, the Netherlands). During the next few months I was intrigued by the lack of information as well. That's when I realized a certain level of knowledge and experience is already assumed.

Nowadays we have other sources, like FerrariChat :)

3. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    check out this site.

All Ferraris

In the manuals section you can download a Mondial parts manual that might be of help.
    It features the cooling system and has a parts diagram so at least you will know how to put it back together after removal.

Freerange72 likes this.
  4. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    I agree.... reminds me of college when the professor would put the problem on the board and then the answer. There were lots of missing steps in between!

No comparison to the Porsche factory manuals or even the Bentley manuals on most British cars.

5. ozmondy

ozmondy Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2013
    N.T, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I seriously tormented myself in regard to whether or not to buy an original manual as the prices varied from 200-500 dollars dependant upon condition probably.
    Anyway I found that "All Ferraris" link and downloaded it and I was blissfully thankful that I didn't shell out the pingas for a manual. At best it is for a light read only.
    Although I gotta admit it has saved me from dropping the gearbox oil in mistake for the engine oil.

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    #6 MvT, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    Ferrari is known for the keep your hands off and bring it to us manual :) and if you still take up the challenge you come very fast to the conclusion you need special or modified tools :p and then this other thing! The always lack of space issue for wrenching.

Welcome to Ferrari life :D

7. bartzagato

bartzagato Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    If you think the manuals on our Ferraris are 'incomplete', try a workshop manual from a Lancia Fulvia. Only the obvious parts are covered, but when you really need it, you're on your own...
    Thanks to great fora on the net, knowledge & experience is shared.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I've found the workshop manual for the most part useless, If I had paid full price for it - I would have been pissed!

9. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I figured the manual was printed for those who already know how to do everything, just need the more technical details. I've read it cover to cover a couple times. Interesting stuff in there.

10. billh1963

billh1963 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2004
    Mid-state, South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bill H
    There is a lot of information...just hidden in different locations. Like PV Dirk I've looked through mine several times (can't say I've actually read all of it) and discover something new almost every time.

11. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You can always drive a Chevrolet for which the manuals are very clear...
    ;-)
    Cheers,
    Greg

12. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    I was thinking the same thing myself the other day. Aston Martin manuals are excellent, but then it's probably because they are always going wrong, ha ha

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks guys - I think I've jumped to conclusion most likely to my poor education in automotive technology - I'll give the manual another shot!

Just in case anybody needs it - I have a link here for free download (as well as other stuff you guys might enjoy)

Resources | Ferrari Mondial t

Cheers

14. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Love your website Paul.
    Thanks,
    Greg

paulchua likes this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thanks Burch1 for the kind words - really appreciate it!

Happy motoring!!

16. Andrew McCrae

Andrew McCrae Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    That's fantastic. Work will have too stop for the month to get through that :)

paulchua likes this.