250 GTO Recreation/Rebody | Page 2 | FerrariChat

250 GTO Recreation/Rebody

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Putros, Feb 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Southern most town in the entire USA. 19.065 Degrees North

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    That's the best news yet.

I never throw out a part either.

3. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    The nice thing about building a 300SL from scratch (I have built two in the last 10 years) is they they require no original donor car... I almost have enough parts to do another from the collection of 300SL parts I bought from Lyco Engineering last summer.

4. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    #29 Pass, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm guessing that it has something to do with the 300SL's origins. No disrespect to the car but in its own way it was a "bitsa", cobbled together from existing models and hand fabricated new parts.

6. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Virtually every part on a 300SL with the exception of the crankshaft, brake drums, a few suspension parts and a handful of nuts and bolts are W198.. There are virtually no sedan parts.

7. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I just learned something. I was under the impression that a lot of pieces, including most of the motor, were from existing cars.
    Thanks.

8. freedomgli

freedomgli Karting

Sep 20, 2005
    Washington, DC

Awesome project! My friend Jim Wulzen has done some work on your car.

9. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Jim was here last week.. I set him up with my plating operation..

10. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    That does not mean they would look any better really.

11. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Fair, but until you've scrutinized one up close, I don't think I'd judge too harshly.

Still, nothing will be a "perfect" duplicate.

CW

12. 3DE

3DE Rookie

Mar 22, 2013
    Dorset in England
    Full Name:
    Stuart Brown
    I do not know price, but saw the car a while ago. Was busy with other things, so had no time to have a good look.

However - and I was only there for a client - I thought Roy Kent the owner and his business were really professional. Great variety of other cars also.

13. Putros

Putros Rookie

Feb 24, 2014
    Great!! some conversation :)

My opinion is that naturally a original, possible to restore GTE or similar should be restored to it's original glory, for replicas we should use true basket case types.

and what comes to this 3d scanning company in england,

If asking the price for your buck project and CAD files, is waste of your time, I'm truly sorry and wish you good sales sir.

But about the similar measures for 250GTO, as i posted for 911, I'm guessing there isn't as accurate ones out there?

14. 3DE

3DE Rookie

Mar 22, 2013
    Dorset in England
    Full Name:
    Stuart Brown
    My issue is that you pumped me for information and at the end of the email exchange I asked you whether you were interested in my services and to quote your email you state your "plan was to make a buck from a precise model, by resize it to 1:1". In other words you had no intention of purchasing anything from my firm. I also wish you good luck as the model scenario will not work.

15. Putros

Putros Rookie

Feb 24, 2014
    humm,

Yes, that is very true, original plan was to make 1:1 buck maybe using a model 1:12 or 1:24.

but pumped information????? i was looking to maybe get ahead by buying a ready/not assembled buck as you guys had, and was asking prices, possibilitys. Surely when you are running a business you agree to answer these type of questions?? but nevermind.

Do not post for me anything ever. Please.

16. 3DE

3DE Rookie

Mar 22, 2013
    Dorset in England
    Full Name:
    Stuart Brown
    I have no problem with answering questions. It is a fact of business life and I welcome it. My issue with you is that you were very positive all the way along and then after asking for a sale you stated what your true intentions were and therefore had wasted my time on a folly. This is not the way to conduct oneself.

If I had known your true intention was to try the route of a model I would have not put in the effort of answering your sales query in an extensive and serious way.

17. Putros

Putros Rookie

Feb 24, 2014
    Did you not read my last post?? We have been posting more words here than we posted through e-mail, so why are you still wasting time? and the last phrase, I really meant it.

18. 3DE

3DE Rookie

Mar 22, 2013
    Dorset in England
    Full Name:
    Stuart Brown
    You do not run my life. I do. If I want to post I will post. Now let's move on.

19. Putros

Putros Rookie

Feb 24, 2014
    lol, yes agreed, let's move on.

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Just as I put the popcorn on.