BBJ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

BBJ

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by nathandarby67, Jan 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DallasGuy

DallasGuy Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2002
    Frisco TX
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Looks like both the planes by the larger hangar are G1s. Looks like they have the same schemes. Perhaps part of a fleet?

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    There are a couple of G-Is down there, but I can't recall what they are used for. Maybe Phoenix Air?

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    He's got a house on Palm Beach 5 minutes from the airport.

4. Call Me Daddy

Call Me Daddy Karting

Jan 11, 2009
    Seal Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Jeff - those are some incredible pics of the interiors. For me, they brought back a ton of memories. I remember several of the aircraft from the pics that were posted in #38. I worked on many of them, and recognize one where I slept on the floor on a trip back to Bandar Seri Bagawan. (I'll never forget that name).

Back in the day when I was a young and single guy, I spent lots of time traveling with a company that did interior work for Raytheon in Texas, Sikorski in Fl, Lufthansa in Hamburg, etc. most of the aircraft were Brunei royal family.

Is Reece Design still around?

5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Michael Rese is still in Austin but mostly retired and counting all his Brunei money.

Reese Design was shut down and a payout made to the minority partners. Joe Barrett and Lindsey reconstituted the operation as Studio RD. That collapsed after they got into serious trouble with the re-do of the two Saudi government MD-11s. One of the minority partners was never part of RD, he was already in SoCal and had been dealing with the Gulfstreams. (Wish I could remember his name - worked with him at Page Avjet)

Rese did not do the 727-200 that went to Brunei. That was done by Les Jennings with the renderings/design concepts by Syd Mead. Massively over the top for design but also was massively over weight too. So over weight that it would not make book value performance. Aircraft was not kept for very long; sold to an individual in the Midle East. Last I knew was rotting away at Mecham Field in Ft. Worth. Reese did all subsequent aircraft and helicopters for the Sultan.

Who were you with?

Jeff

6. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    N777AS has been parked at Orlando Intl for a couple of weeks. I thought it was a 777, so I finally stopped to look at it. It dwarfs the 737 that's next to it.