Ferrari Enzo #399 of #399 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo #399 of #399

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by SupercarGuru, Feb 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    I saw Todt´s red Enzo in Paris(with black hermes interior, alligator inserts and dark chrome wheels), and Piero's one in Italy. But nobody saw LCdM one!!! Did he ever drove it?

2. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    It was black and was sold

3. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Great then, awaiting full story! :)

Anyway the fact that there were a number of post-production Enzos (>50) which were simply made to meet existing demand, makes this #399 somewhat a little less special IMVHO. Subjective and all, I guess any Enzo is special enough and 399 is no doubt THE number.

Loxo likes this.
  4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Oh i see. Thank you for the clarification.

5. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    No LaFerrari for Luca, then ...

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    No problem, There are several for sale including one that claims to be serial #1. If anyone wants one pm me. (euro cars so far)

7. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    Wrong said!

Ferrari very likely produced as much Enzos as they could possibly sell under the illusion of a limited production run of 399 cars, thus the assembly lined stayed open just as long. That is a fact and has already been discussed extensively...

It's not like Ferrari closed it down to then re-open it at a later stage - like for example Porsche did with their 959 for the very limited special series of the car years after the actual production ended - to built those cars, which are widely considered as "post-production" ones, which isn't even an actual designation for those cars to my knowledge...

Furthermore there is no Enzo out there, which has been official labeled as "post-production" or the likes by Ferrari itself! The only Enzos which are not considered production cars are the mules and the prototypes and are/were marked as such respectively. In fact even those cars, which were produced between those two Enzos labeled #399/399 and #400/399, carry the very same plaque any other Enzo has, quoting them to be part of the "399 Limited Production", to keep up this very illusion for the respective client!

Even if one just take the often quoted serial number range for the "production" Enzos into account (128778-139305), there are at least SEVEN other cars amongst the lot, which were built later than 139305 according to the respective assembly number - acknowledging all known Enzos at least 13 - leaving aside the refurbished prototypes!

So, from whichever perspective one like to look at it, it is a fact, that this car is not the last production Enzo, or produced Enzo, or whatever one might call it...
    I bet, that there are probably more Enzos out there, which are somehow labled as the "last one" or "last one built" or the likes, just like as there are currently already two 599 SA Aperta known labeled as #80/80 each...

The Ex Schumacher car on the other hand is someting else, as it represents one of the very, very few Enzos which were delivered with coloured calipers!

Loxo and elmadi like this.
  8. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

According to the factory this is the last production Enzo car #399.

No offense to you, but I am going to side with the factory's definition of the car.

Regardless of what the factory did, pre or post car #399 there is no interpreting what the factory deems as the last production car.

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'll stick with my perspective, thanks.

10. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    #35 SupercarGuru, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The condition report came back better than expected! Wheels are perfect, interior is perfect, engine compartment is flawless, and no paint work.

Small scratches on the black part of the underneath of the front bumper and small stone chips on the clear bra. Today was a good day.

Pictures to come!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi likes this.
  11. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
  12. R.Torres

R.Torres Rookie

Feb 21, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rodrigo
    Amazing work, transaction, and pictures. Congratulations!

13. alef_henrique

alef_henrique Rookie

Sep 27, 2013
    i heard that the last few Enzo's have eletric power windows, and this one doesn't.
    that's odd.
    But nice purchase, every Enzo is special.

elmadi likes this.
  14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Only MS and Todt's have electric power windows. That's what i recall..

elmadi likes this.
  15. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    That's from the Pietrella collection, right?

16. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Yes.

17. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    His son drove it a lot in Paris.. But before the black one appears, Todt himseld has been spotted in a rosso Scuderia Enzo with gun metal wheels in Paris too.

18. salegosse

salegosse Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    French Riviera
    Full Name:
    Julien
    The yellow one that was registered in Monaco and did Gumball, also had this feature. Maybe not factory...

19. Ligu

Ligu Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2009
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Michele
    You're right, I know the car very well (even had the pleasure to take some pictures at the wheel).
    Too bad he's selling most of his cars... :-/

He was really pissed off when Ferrari decided to build the 400th Enzo (even though we all know they are more than 400...) because he had requested the last example.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    LdM'a was black
    Todt's was Rosso Scuderia with ostrich skin seats - yuck

21. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Great story. Even today the Enzo looks fresh and modern!

elmadi likes this.
  22. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Wow! Very cool. I did not know this.

23. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    If you make a habit of believing everything the factory tells you, you will be in for a shock. This may very well be the 399th that was made, but the fact that there are well over 400 Enzos is fact. The fact that there are well over 100 Superamerica Apertas is fact. Why do you think the cars aren't individually numbered with a plaque? I'd use an "f" word that rhymes with "broad", but let's just say Ferrari has a playful way of doing business.

24. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    I bet the new owner paid a huge premium for the so called "last production Enzo".

25. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    #50 SupercarGuru, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    elmadi and of2worlds like this.