1977 GTB $68,500 36k Miles - Wayne Carini | FerrariChat

1977 GTB $68,500 36k Miles - Wayne Carini

Discussion in '308/328' started by ColoradoTiger, Feb 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ColoradoTiger

ColoradoTiger Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark
  2. R.Robot

R.Robot Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    La Quinta CA.
  3. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    He does get very good stock.
    That looks like a very solid, original car.

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    This is about what nice very early well-documented Bs are going for now, even steel. Nice car.

5. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
  6. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Yours was a great deal!

Mind you, this car looks good with this color combo. I like it. Let's see how long it takes to sell. I suspect it will be for sale for quite a while at this price. There was a '78 GTS with 10K miles on it near here recently, perfectly mint - sat unsold for almost 5 years @ $56K CAD.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    This is the twin of my car 22063. Silver on red. It has wrong mirrors, black valve covers and I suspect the carpet has been replaced because mine was red originally.

A nice car. Every time I see a silver GTB I always regret to have change the color on mine.

8. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I posted about it last fall. It's been at F40 for a while. I meant to stop by and look at it as F40 is about 10 miles from my home. Pass it all the time. But it got cold so it can wait until spring. I don't have any interest in the car.

9. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #9 Steve Magnusson, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    I hate engine pictures that show only "yes, it has an engine", but really nothing else ;)

Would be interested to know if both air pumps/diverters/3-way? valve(s) and R2+microswitch are present, and the condition of the other related stock '77 US errata (which is an oddish, and easily vanished, bit of kit IMO). The nipple on top of the charcoal canister just being left open to atmosphere is a disconnect for me from present condition/status to present asking price -- JMO (although I, personally, don't shop/value "just perfectly stock" highly).

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

If anyone is looking for air pumps, diverters and the rest of it, I know someone who has boxes of them including mine.

11. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

The market has moved since then, let's see what happens with this one.

12. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Absurd price. But as has often been said here, you can ASK anything you want. :)

13. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Burn them all!

14. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

If 308 owners will not respect high prices, who will?????

15. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Well said.

16. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Silly price. I love 308s, but this is a joke.

17. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

All boats are lifted in a rising tide.

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Wayne's prices have always struck me as optimistic.

19. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but these cars seem to be getting new respect by the old guard. A couple of years ago a high price tag like this on an ebay listing from some anonymous dealer was amusing for being way too far ahead of the market. Right now a high price tag like this from a notable dealer like F40 may be leading the market a little, or it could be setting a new level...

20. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

+1

21. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    No complain here. My car is not for sale and will not be for a LONG time but always fun to know they are Worth a bit.

22. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud
    #22 MrShades, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    That is a crazy high price for a 308 if you ask me
    I could have bought a early fiberglass body 308 for $32.329 a few years ago and i am sorry i did not because i did not know that the early fiberglass 308`s had such a high price

There was a person that have a used car sales that imported the car just to have it in his showroom but he decided to sell it
    He did not know any much about Ferrari himself he just wanted the car to have on display in his showroom

23. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Only a joke to those who haven't been paying attention. This level of pricing for glass 308 was entirely predicted.

-F

24. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I didn't say that it was unreasonable to modifiy the emission configuration into something other than stock for typical use (if you can get away with that ;)) -- but I don't understand: 1) this seeming desire to discard the stock items, nor 2) the idea that a modified car missing stock parts doesn't have a $ value penalty vs a modified car that comes complete with all the missing stock parts. (And having a poorly modified car gets an extra penalty, not the top level price - JMO.)

25. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Every period has it's market price and it's crazy price. A few years ago you could find glass cars at that price. I saw a handful for sale in the $25,000-$45,000 range when I was looking for a 308. The most expensive one I saw was at the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas. They wanted around $95,000 for theirs IIRC. I thought that was crazy way and over the top at that time because it was. There were cars that were equally as nice or better available for less at that time, but the market price for glass cars quickly caught up. Turns out that car was only leading in asking price by about a year and a half. Markets move...