soap foaming sprayer | FerrariChat

soap foaming sprayer

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Edward 96GTS, Feb 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    anybody using a foamer to washer their cars?
    feedback?
    thanks

2. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    I've used one for about a year. I love it. I rinse the car, foam it, use a boars hair brush and a 2nd bucket to agitate then rinse.

3. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Agree on foam gun. It's fantastic. Bought mine at detailedimage.

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Yep it's a great tool for cleaning . Would like to find a reliable wheel brush that is long enough to get deep into the wheels to remove and agitate brake dust. Any suggestions?

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Although it will be expensive, check out Griots and maybe Chemical Guys.

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Jon, I started with the boar's hair brush for wheels from Griots and found that I just couldn't reach in between the spokes on my Scud wheels. Went through the Griots and Chemical Guys catalogs to see what they had...and they each had some offerings, but I also checked out what Pep Boys had. Found a small (thin) and soft (microfiber) and went with that for about 1/2 the price. Works well for getting in between the spokes!

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Ahh Good Ole Pep Boys. Can you send me a pic so i know what you use? Thansk jon

8. cs s60

cs s60 Karting

May 16, 2005
    PA

I use this, love it....
    Speed Master Wheel Brush

As for the foam gun, I've never used one. I worry that the soap will dry before I finish washing?

9. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Yep that what i have used in the past. The handle tends to snap off after a few months from constant bending. It is glued onto the wire core of the brush. Jon in Delaware

10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    do you foam, then just pressure wash and dry or do you have to hand wash the car also?

11. cs s60

cs s60 Karting

May 16, 2005
    PA
    ^^ I was wondering the same.

I guess I don't... bend mine enough! Had the same one for a few years and no issue.

12. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I have used the foam sprayer from Griot's for over a year. It works well but you still have to wet the car, foam it, go over the foamed car by hand just using the foam instead of soap and water then rinse. Basically you are just eliminating the wash bucket.

13. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Yeppers! Give me a couple days to dig in the garage!

14. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I recently bought one of these based on the good reviews, but have not used it yet...its been too cold.
    Amazon.com: Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer: Patio, Lawn & Garden

If I had a powerful enough air compressor/pressure washer I would have gotten "Snowfoam," which is what a lot of pro-detailers use.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQvvyGoHDkc]Chemical Guys Professional Foam Cannon - Amazing Honeydew Snow Foam HOT BLONDE GIRL SPRAYING FOAM - YouTube[/ame]

15. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I assume the foam lifts the dirt off the finish. Doesn't going over the car by hand press whatever the foam raised onto the finish, perhaps scratching it?

16. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    All the foamer does is eliminate the need for a wash bucket. It will not "magically" remove the dirt if you are using regular car wash soap.

There are other soaps that will help "magically" remove dirt (the same industrial soap as used at a touchless car washes). These soaps are VERY strong and brutal to your paint / clearcoat.

IMO, the foamer is more trouble than it is worth. The best way to wash your car is with gental soap in a wash bucket. Wash and rinse one section of the car at a time. That way you are not rushing (and doing a poor job) to hurry and wipe the car with the soap on it before it drives - not really a problem in the Winter, but certainly will drive quicker in the Summer.

Save your money - this is not a magic pill to car washing - rather it is just another toy.

17. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #17 Kevin Rev'n, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Who is doing he bookings for Ms. Alabama? Can we get her some better gigs please?
    I am sure she could use some scratch to complete the full body tat. :)

I like the way that foam thing works. Looks like she used the whole thing to foam up the 2 cars. 2oz. per car? I wonder if the money would be better spent on a water filtration system?

RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Look for "Wheel Woolies". They are very strong and durable. I have used them for years and have not had any issues. Best wheel cleaning brushes out there.

19. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    AMMO NYC has a nice set I picked up for about 45 bucks IIRC. They work very well and as far as I can tell the AMMO stuff is pretty solid.

http://www.ammonyc.com/shop/ammo-woolies/

I can recommend these without pause!

20. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I wouldn't be surprised if she was friends with someone there and did it for that reason.

21. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    I use the Griots foamer too. Love it. I feel like there is a lot more lubrication between the mitten and paint

22. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #22 badges2, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    I use this gun with the soap they show in the how-to when I'm going to detail my car or if I have a little more time. This is where I get all of my supplies also. Great site to learn how to really care for your car!

Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam Gun FREE BONUS