(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!! | Page 129 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Uberpower, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Tempting…

Actually, not really. But I am warming up to 550/575's. Maybe one day.

-F

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Don't be tempted on that crappy salvage title car. Although 550s are amazing. The Titanium on Bordeaux car at FoD is calling my name in a big way. They really are special cars.

3. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    Red Mondial T coupe headed into downtown Golden from the north on Washington Ave this AM...

Brock

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Definitely not abandoned. I agree with others that it's the Affordable Inn's owner that drives it. I used to drive past this hotel on my commute home from work, and would always catch a glimpse of the Viper while sitting in traffic. Most days it's parked just as you have it pictured, but there have been a few times where I've seen it parked the opposite way, or, simply not there. It is however, definitely exposed to the elements and in that spot often. It almost became a habit to check it out from the highway as I sat in traffic on my way home. I love the Viper; a dark blue Viper with the white racing stripes was one of the cars that really excited my interest as a young boy (but the photo of 2 year old me holding a toy F40 on Christmas 1991 shows my priorities have always been on-point!)

I figure the owner doesn't have a better place to store it, and uses their hotel for free, safe-ish, parking and something that can draw an eye to the hotel to passersby from the highway, or, be something cool and perceivably expensive for the guests to see while they are making economic lodging decisions ;) (...although associating a Viper with the "Affordable Inn" might not be the best marketing strategy...but what do I know, I drive a lowly Xterra)

5. sketchsk85

sketchsk85 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Saw a red Gallardo spider last night and a red R8 V10 spider today, both in cherry creek. Both odd cars to see in red.

6. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #3206 vettesrule76, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    What's that tan car behind the new Jag?

Oh, new Bentley Flying Spur....nevermind.

8. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Interesting use of the shield on the back grill of the yellow 360. I think I like it!

9. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hey guys I will be in Colorado this August and want to see as much as I can! I'll be in Breckenridge for around a week and then Denver for a day. While in Breck I'm sure we can venture out a little bit to the Springs/Vail/Aspen. Could you guys tell me some good spotting places, dealers, and C&C meets to attend (I know about stopping at the Cherry Creek Valet and Ferrari of Denver). Thanks!
    -Christian

10. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #3210 vettesrule76, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    For dealerships, check out either Sill-Terhar or Ferrari of Denver. Both if you can, but they're both on the other side of town from eachother.

Not sure where to see anything in the mountains, but around the Denver area, definitely the Cherry Creek mall valet (usually only good on the weekends around afternoon)

Cars and Coffee is the first saturday morning of the month in Lafayette, Colorado. (https://goo.gl/maps/wggIf)

Also every saturday afternoon/evening is the Golden Supercruise, I love it, but you don't see too many exotic cars, mainly classics. That is in Golden, Colorado (https://goo.gl/maps/Pr1s6)

Good luck and have fun!

11. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #3211 vettesrule76, Feb 2, 2014
    The new Lamborghini Huracan has been spotted testing. On the facebook page i run with some buddies, someone posted this picture. On I-70 around Idaho Springs. Looks like they're traveling west.

Would love to find this test car somewhere. I was thinking it is probably staying up in Vail possibly?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I'm pretty sure the Golden Supercruise is also the first Saturday of the month, not every Saturday.

13. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Oh ya you're correct! I don't know why I thought it was every Saturday..

14. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    VAG likes the Comfort Inn in Silverthorne.

15. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    VAG?

16. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Volkswagen Group. Well, technically Volkswagen AG.

17. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Gotcha, thanks for the info. Might go up there after i get out of classes this morning.

18. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #3218 vettesrule76, Feb 3, 2014
    No luck finding it. Only found these...

The 2015 Nissan Titan Turbo Diesel, and a SRT Charger and Challenger just doing basic tests.

I'm starting to think that the Huracan isn't here anymore. But you never know. Maybe it will stay here for a week and a half like the Porsche 918s did.

19. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    BOUT TIME.

I bought a diesel Passat a couple months ago and LOVE IT.

Now if Toyota would pull their head out and put a diesel in the Tundra / Sequoia, I'd be all over it.

Yeah, sorry no response, VAG is Volkswagen. You're mind was in the gutter for a moment wasn't it?

20. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Toyota is slacking big time on a ton of their vehicles. Might end up like Mitsubishi down the road if they don't watch out.

For a minute, I was like "I'm sure there is tons of that up there!".

21. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #3221 vettesrule76, Feb 5, 2014
  22. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  23. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    It gets around. Me as well as about 4 different people have seen it several times.

My video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-3bjr1t0w]Following a Ferrari 575M in Denver - YouTube[/ame]

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I don't think that it's a salvage title but it was in an accident or something. There is a thread in the 550/575 section. It's sort of hideous in real life.

I just did a pretty extensive search for a 550 and found an insanely great titanium one in California at CNC. I found a couple of other good ones, too, including the one at FoD. If you want one in a color other than titanium, let me know.

25. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Remember it's wrapped, so you don't know what's under the cover and what that looks like. I would also bet a PPI would uncover many little items that need attention considering the dash and look of the carpet. Just my opinion, I don't know the car.