Ferrari Scud Driver Flees scene after crash | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Scud Driver Flees scene after crash

Discussion in '360/430' started by Art138, Aug 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Firstly, I do agree with you that leaving the scene of an accident is a scummy thing to do. I'm not disagreeing with that. But:

What we DO know.. A Ferrari was involved in an accident. We do not know who that driver was at this time. There is DNA supposedly at the scene (again police have not confirmed this at this time in writing) but it has not been linked to a person (yet).

We do not KNOW at this time that the individual on FChat is the person behind the wheel.

Removing video and information on FChat may look "suspicious", but if left may also be "falsely incriminating". If the FChat user was not the driver, and the owner WILL be sued in a civil suit, the video and evidence will only be used to sway a jury. Rightfully or wrongfully. If he was not in the car and the true driver does not come forward, it's great evidence to falsely convict the owner of the car circumstantially. In the civil suit it will be used to sway the jury for an award to the plaintiff regardless of who was driving the car.
    It might look fishy, but it's what anyone would do to mitigate damages. Plus it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the night in question. One day on the track or prior performance driving has no relation to what happened that day. Arguably, the one time you don't drive drunk is the time a drunk driver slams into you.

We don't know if the Hyundai swerved into the lane before the driver could react thus causing the accident. We don't know this right now. We also don't know how fast the Ferrari was driving when this occurred. Based on the damages to it we presume substantial, but it wasn't cut in half nor was it split in two. Could it have been 20mph or 30mph faster than the speed of the hyundai? We don't know I wouldn't call it out yet.

2. Justin1970

Justin1970 Rookie

Sep 18, 2011
    I realize I'm new here and my opinion may not count for much, but as I see it, nobody here is arguing guilt, or causality of the accident.

It doesn't matter if an alien spacecraft shot lasers (pew pew) at his front tires and made him swerve to hit the other car. The simple fact is this - You do not leave the scene of an accident, even if it means YOU could go to jail. Accidents happen, that's why they're not called "onpurposes".

3. RDI

RDI Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    While it seems logical nobody should flee the scene of an accident, its possible shock could cause a sudden change of action. In other words nobody can judge until in the same position. According to the news release the air bag deployed, which means the driver hit the head hard, I am not saying this is the case but is it possible the driver was in pure shock and distress and the massive blow to the head caused a bit of uncertainty, which lead to the driver having no idea what was going on. The old saying getting knocked into next week could be playing a factor. Who really knows.

All I am saying the above is very tragic and it's best to wait until all the news comes out before chopping heads. I agree it's not looking good but anyone who has been knocked out can agree when you come to, youre a bit dazzed and confused.

4. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    Very sad event. God help/bless all involved.

I hope it was a case of a stolen car gone way wrong. It's hard to believe one of our own, especially one so well respected, could be at such serious fault.

5. V8ray

V8ray Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Life changing for the driver too.

God bless them both.

6. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    #81 since-15, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    From a legal perspective when it comes to leaving a scene of an accident (especially if it is a potential DUI):

What to Do if You Have Fled the Scene

If you have fled the scene of an accident, there is a good chance that the authorities are currently searching for you. It is usually only a matter of time before they do find you, and then you may be facing a variety of criminal charges, including felony charges. The best thing you can do for yourself in this situation is to partner with a criminal defense attorney, especially if you have consumed alcohol before you were involved in the accident. An experienced DUI attorney will be able to discreetly meet with you to discuss the specifics of your case and offer you legal options for your defense. Additionally, an attorney will also represent your best interests in court, making sure that your side of the story is heard. It should be noted that your attorney will more than likely advise you to turn yourself in to authorities once a defense strategy has been mapped out, in order to avoid further problems. This may mean being arrested and then being let out on bail.

Best Course of Action

Remember, a car accident does not need to turn into a felony. By fleeing the scene, you make yourself look guilty of a crime, even if you are not. Why go through the trouble of running from the police when you can simply explain what happened? Instead of running, stay on the scene and help any injured individuals if you can. Once you have spoken with the police, you can then contact a criminal defense attorney if you are being charged with a crime. Staying at the scene gives you options, but running only makes things more difficult. Even if you are unsure, do the right thing.

Read more: Leaving the Scene of an Accident: The Fast Lane to a Felony

From a man that left the seen of an accident (without fatalities) claiming "stress."

"I have prior speeding tickets, my case is set for disposition on nov 17, which my lawyer will attend, hopefully for the best outcome i hope i dont get my license revoked or suspended, and i truly learned from my stupid mistake by leaving the accident regardless if i was stressed/nervous and scared/ i should of stayed."

A very good friend of mine (that is an attorney) stated that from the get go he would make certain any and all activities that suggests irresponsible or dangerous behavior on the internet be deleted, removed, cancelled, etc, for pleading the "Fifth" doesn't mean it cannot be admissible, it only means you do not have to respond due to self incrimination. FYI

Not looking good for the Scud (owner and/or driver).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2bgDNZ9q4[/ame]

7. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    +1000!

8. wahoo5

wahoo5 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    This asshat is being roasted on other forums as well. This is one on tracking and autocrossing. It seems the guy is a former A Stock National Champ in a Cayman in a year that AS had a particularly weak field. He made all kinds of excuses as to why his winning time was signficantly slower than C and E Stock.

Unfortunately, I Think We Know This Guy...... - RoadRaceAutoX

9. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    There's a crap load of these kinds of comments in the political forum and some even hint that all blacks are violent over there, was shocked that I had black friends, it's a crazy place to post never going there again... glad you called it out to get these kinds of comments out of here.

10. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Lying chicken **** MF!!!!!!!!!! 20 years for that ******* TO let someone die because youre afraid of the CONSEQUENCES that's a coward on any day!!!!!!!!!

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Rush From Judgment Begat Rush To Judgment.

12. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I'm very sad to read of this tragic accident.

My heart goes out to everyone effected.

13. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Any latest news on this accident?

14. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Wow this story just faded away.
    Anyone hear anything new about this?

15. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Some people believe the only thing wort spending money on is for good/healthy food and a top notch lawyer. I guess they are correct.

16. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    This would be a great place for a prostitution joke.

17. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wow, first time seeing this thread. Really sad.

18. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Nothing new and I live in south Florida.

19. Streetking

Streetking Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2005
    Austin, TX.
    Full Name:
    SW
    If he had hit my wife and child in that car, I would be the one needing a Lawyer...

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Money keeping justice at arms length....

21. babyboo

babyboo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 28, 2012
    Nsuburban Chicago
    Full Name:
    Baby Boo
    Very dissapointing is no one was ever held accountable for the occupent's death.

Strictly third world "justice."

22. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Is this REALLY a surprise?? Honestly?? I mean, how many times do we see celebrities or exceptionally wealthy people (or their kids) get away with deplorable acts that the 'normal' people would be thrown in the slammer for decades for?? It happens all of the time. Just last year there was a kid in Texas whose entire defense rested on him being TOO RICH to understand consequences, and he was found innocent and only had to go to a vitual spa to get 'rehab'. Dip$hits like Justin Bieber are doing drunk drag racing and suffer no real penalties.....the phrase 'how much justice can you afford' is not a new one, and anyone who thinks differently has their head in the sand.

23. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
  24. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Finitele, is it your plan to resurrect every old scud thread and post a cryptic comment to it? Please stop!