Best high Speed Autobahn | FerrariChat

Best high Speed Autobahn

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Traveller, Jan 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I know there will be some who will caution me and I appreciate it but I always try and max any new car at least once and I am used to high speed driving. It is now the F12's turn and wanted to know if anyone can recommend any particular stretch of the German Autobahn system which has fewest curves and least traffic?

I have been north out of Zurich before and that is a little congested and twisty until much further north towards Frankfurt so would appreciate anyone who has direct experience.

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Anywhere at 6 o'clock on a Sunday morning. :)

I spend most of my time in southern Germany and stretches between Stuttgart and Singen are always nice and quiet on a Sunday morning.

3. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Wherever you are, drive safe.

4. bigblock737

bigblock737 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Andy B.
    I only go real fast on Autobahns with at least three lanes in one direction. Usually it's only possible to go full speed early in the morning or late at night.
    The Autobahn 7 between Hannover and Hamburg has a longer part without speedlimit. Or take Autobahn 1 between Bremen and Hamburg - only 2 years old and more than 50 km without speedlimit in 3 lanes.
    Plus there are several gas-stations ;-) The F12 might start drinking a little bit at high speeds ;-)
    My 458's maxspeed was 342 kph, so I guess your F12 will show 360+. And you really have to have balls to keep the throttle nailed above 300...
    Take care and drive safely.

5. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    Yes, A7 gives some good opertunities. But I prefer it between Kassel and Hannover! Especially were it crosses with the A 38!

Traveler: if You choose this section, please PM me, as we than can meet and get a good italian Espresso or Cappuccino to get more currage for the high speed run!

6. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares

+1 all the way!
    The F12 shows more than 360, more.. :p

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.

7. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    A81 between Heilbraunn and Wurzburg; day/night, week day/weekend. Very low traffic. The WWIII landing strip along that stretch offers a real chance to find true top speed.

You might even pick-up a stealth car from Porsche or MS as they test there and have some REAL high speed fun. I have seen several over the years.

A friend did in his Vette late one night and hit speeds of 192 mph.

8. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares

I'm reading it again - I think that 342kmh is the best 458 top speed over here :)

9. bigblock737

bigblock737 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Andy B.
    Jep. My Speciale topped only 327 so far...