Looking for red 6spd 360 - any out there? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Looking for red 6spd 360 - any out there?

Discussion in '360/430' started by VS70, Jan 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    does anyone have production numbers or even educated estimates on gated, three pedal, manual transmission 360 and 430?

2. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Yes, but the market is beginning to change and you will see over the next year, the 6 Speed MT cars will begin to bring a premium. People are starting to miss rowing through the gears with a MT and while all of the older Ferraris were MT, few of the modern, really fast/performing cars were built with them...low numbers, growing interest in the MT equals prices either holding, going up slightly, or selling very quickly. The 6 Speed MT cars seem to be selling more quickly than their F1 brothers. The market is beginning to reflect this. The 430 being the top of the heap as the last of it's breed.

3. VS70

VS70 Rookie

Jan 4, 2014
    usa
    Doesn't sound antagonistic at all; I agree with you. I'm a buyer at $90-95k. Not $105k. I'll call them Monday.

4. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    At that price point, you will find a nice 360 and most likely that one. :) Best of luck!

5. Aorta

Aorta Karting

Nov 17, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jared
    I think I read somewhere that the 360MT were only about 10% of overall production. Im guessing even less in the 430. I've also noticed the MT cars selling quicker and commanding more....at least that's what's I found during my search.

6. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
  7. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
  8. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Red interior is an acquired taste. Some love it, others not. I think in a sports car, it works. I have seen a lot worse:)

9. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Careful, that red on red spider has registration issues..... Buyer beware that thing could be a very expensive lawn ornament.

I wish I could afford that 360 at switch cars, I would buy it in a heartbeat! What a nice example!

10. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    63k was his counter offer to me, went with a GTR instead

11. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Love my 360 with Manual. I think these cars will appreciate in value sooner rather than later due to their relative rareness. :D

12. Treviso

Treviso Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I totally agree with you 993turbo! I am already starting to see it in the market having just bought a 430 Spider MT myself. They are pretty darned rare and good, low mileage ones are selling north of their respective F1 brothers. The last gated MT is something that is very attractive to lots of Ferrari owners and prospective new buyers.
    By the way, what was the asking price and mileage on this red one above? Also, remember that a title issue could be something as stupid as it being mistakingly registered under the wrong year. It happened to me...I bought a brand new 2013 MY...and it came back from the state stating 2012. So, it had to be corrected. That will no doubt show up forever from that date forth... Dig a little deeper on that car. Find out exactly what the issue is.

13. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    I have a 360 Manual, a F430F1 Spider and a Gallardo E-Gear. Both the F430 and the Gallardo will be changed out, but the 360 I will keep...... :D

:D

14. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    Back at you!

I agree that F1 was the choice when new - my informations says that the F1 - MT split ON USA CARS was about 75-80% F1 and 20-25% MT (there were more MT cars proportionally in other markets). And, the new car buyers were willing to pay a $10K premium for the F1 cars when new - so Ferrari was happy to accomodate them.

Why was F1 so popular? Some ideas: 1 > In the early 2000s Ferraris were suddenly the cool thing to have. But a lot of wanta be owners didn't want or couldn't drive a MT, so they went with the F1. 2 > Money was easy in those days of bbom economy - so the $10K premium was no big deal in the USA. 3 > F1 was the new cool thing to get at the time. 4 > A lot of buyers were planning to drive their new cars on a regular basis and F12 seemed more suited to communting. 5 > When buying a new car with a warranty - potential problems in the future with a relatively new and intense technology was not much of a consideration. and 6 > The future problems were not recognized when the cars were new.

I also agree that there isn't much difference in value between an F1 360 and a MT right now. However, 10 years ago the F! cars were selling for significantly higher prices than the MT cars, and this has been changing over time to parity today. That trend says that MT cars will likely be worth more in the future. There is still probably a higher demand for F1 cars than MT cars, but it isn't 3 or 4 to 1 like the supply is. The people who want MT cars want only MT cars.