Yutaka Katayama - father of the Z car - 104 years old! | FerrariChat

Yutaka Katayama - father of the Z car - 104 years old!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by rdefabri, Dec 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Shame on me for not realizing that Yutaka Katayama - affectionately known as "Mr. K" - was still among the living.

I'm a diehard Z-car fan, and Mr. K is largely credited with helping to shape it for the American market. He's also regarded as the father of the Z-car and the 510, both legends. I've been fortunate to own many 240Z / 280Zs, and many of my friends had them as well. We spent our youth tinkering on these great vehicles.

I sold one a few years back to get my E-Type running. I do want another 240Z!

Although his birthday passed, Happy belated Birthday to Mr. K - a youthful 104 years old!!!

Autos, Test Drive, Noticias y mucho más.: Yutaka Katayama Birthday - Congratulations Mr. K 104 years

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

god bless him!!!!

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Of course! Z is one of the greatest JDM cars ever produced.

My respects.

4. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    i meet him 10-12 years ago at the z-car natls in tulsa,ok,,got him to autograph his book,i hope he lives 10+ more years

5. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Wow. The legend still lives.