355s to receive tires in 2014 | FerrariChat

355s to receive tires in 2014

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Dec 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #1 johnhoughtaling, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    A new rule book will be published soon. (Hopefully this week).

There will be some rule changes but mostly there will be a tightening of the regulation and protocol for existing rules and compliance. I am very proud of the new rule book. A lot of work went into it, and I think it will demonstrate a great maturity in the series.

I wanted to give one sneak peak.

I am pleased to announce that in 2014, a separate sponsor subsidy will apply to F355 class entires. The event fee will include the cost of two Pirelli tires.

I have long considered the 355 class to be extremely important to the health and philosophy of CCR. This is a Historic Challenge series, and the 355 is a beautiful and fantastic car, the last competition Ferrari that could be driven to the track and raced. Part of CCR's mission is to see these cars used and preserved. It is also the entry class into Vintage Challenge racing. A good 355 Challenge car can be bought for $55-60k, and it does not depreciate. Our goal is to provide a serious value and provide a professionally run Ferrari Challenge series for Porsche club racing money. We will accomplish this goal because as long as I am around in CCR, I am going to stay true to my word that the aim of the series will not be for profit but rather for the value for our drivers. As we raise sponsor money it will go to providing this value. The ease of entry into the series is critical to our mission, and so this is a small but hopefully meaningful gesture to honoring the 355 class.

2. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for putting this together for us! I'm busy working my race schedule now to try and make as much of the schedule as possible, with the first three looking like a lock.

Looking forward to fun 2014!

3. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Great lets get your 355 "Cohen brother" there too.

4. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    I am am planning to be there John. I have battled to get my wheel hub failure at Road America repaired in a race worthy fashion. But I think we are close now so will be entering the COTA event which I see has now been opened on the web site.