Paul Walker from Fast and Furious died in a wreck... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Paul Walker from Fast and Furious died in a wreck...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    #101 sportcars14a, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    Was that Super Car Ace's M3 in those videos that are popping up?

RIP Paul :( He was a nice guy.

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #102 No Doubt, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    RIP Paul Walker. Gone way too soon. Very shocking news first thing Sunday morning. Positive thing is, he knew how to live his life, and from reports and news, he seems to be a nice person, and always helping out.

He was supposed to finish filming Fast 7, and the film was due to launch in July 2014 i think.

4. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Even more the reason they should have been careful. Anyone who's involved with the car scene there knows that the area is notorious for people crashing doing exactly that. I've had friends destroy cars right down the street the same exact way.

It's an awful place to be doing anything at any sort of speed.

5. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
  6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Leno spun leaving the straightaway at Talladega...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV_4QBLU-UA]5 X CAR spin Jay Leno - YouTube[/ame]

7. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    RIP Paul Walker

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Some didn't like the F&F franchise, but I did. He was a an awesome actor, a genuine car nut like us (he had his own shop and he raced in time attack).

He was passenger in his friends' Carrera GT when they collided with a telegraph pole. His 15 year old daughter recently moved to California to be closer with him.

He was one of the few celebrities I genuinely wanted to meet, he seemed one of the most down to earth people around.

RIP buddy.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #109 TheMayor, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Paul Walker dies in a car crash in his car that was being driven by a friend apparently... this look really bad. If you look at the video there are parts everywhere down the street from the impact.

Not that it matters but it appears to have been a Porsche GT. Some reports say it was owned by the driver, not Paul, who also died. Things are still very sketchy what happened but it's a terrible tragedy.

Paul Walker dead at 40: 'Fast and Furious' star killed in fiery car crash - NY Daily News
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    Sad news...RIP, Paul Walker.

11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Saw this. Terrible.

12. ReinD

ReinD Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2010
    What a tragedy. RIP

13. eurospec

eurospec F1 Veteran

May 29, 2005
    Mt Isa. Australia
    Full Name:
    mohamad
    Terrible news RIP:(

14. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thats too bad.
    given the other photos and storyline, it would appear that roger rodas was driving but that he should know what he is doing. its entirely likely they were horsing around, but this is yet another carrera gt crashed. i wonder what the stats are for this car because it sure seems like this model as some fault at speed.

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Himself, Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster (who plays his girlfriend in the series) had fantastic chemistry in the series, it looked so genuine I have no doubt they where all great friends of set as well.
    Definitely a car guy...unsure if the CGT was his or his friends; but when he wasn't filming he could be found very often in either his shop or at the track. I do feel ''my generation'' has lost it's Steve Mcqueen. That's one hell of a praise. Nicely said :).

He owned an R34 GTR (I believe he also briefly owned the silver with blue stickers, but then bought another one and did it properly. Could well be the blue one used in FF4. You don't buy a car like that unless you really love cars :).

--

RIP Paul. True car nut like us. I really feel for his daughter.

16. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Rest In Peace Paul Walker.

So sad!!

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

It does seem like a lot of them have crashed at high speed given the few numbers they were made in (about 1200 I think).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isU6roLVHE0]Porsche Carrera GT crash - YouTube[/ame]

Jay Leno spun one on a track and was lucky to not hit anything

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV_4QBLU-UA[/ame]

18. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    Statistically, the number of Carrara GT fatalities is very high. If for example the Corvette had similar stats there would be hundreds of deaths, and of course investigations.

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    driver was a PWC driver, someone who knew performance driving. yes, the CGT will bite if you don't respect it.

what a shame to lose two great car enthusiasts in this crash. RIP :(

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Isn't it true that Porsche didn't put a electronic stability system in the car because they felt owners wouldn't want them? Wasn't that in the settlement of the Ferrari club crash?

21. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    IIRC Porsche didn't want to "dilute" the car with stability control. the GT3s at the time didn't have them either. I don't think the GT2 at that time (996) had stability control as well but could be wrong. supposedly after some early feedback from testing, they considered retrofitting a stability system but decided not to, probably due to cost.

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Just saw this and I feel terrible, he was a car guy and it seemed that he was cool too.

TBH I'm not sure a Carrera GT is all that appealing anymore...

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    CGT is one car you don't mess with unless you're amongst the best of the best...Ferraris make you feel like u can do 8/10ths all day and they don't punish you too badly for being a 4/10ths driver...I drive the cgt at 3/10ths and have white knuckles....

RIP

24. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Such sad news to wake too. RIP, I always enjoyed his movies, and the fact that he was a car guy. All the reports indicate he was an awesome person in life. He will be missed.