Arena Motors has left the East coast | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Arena Motors has left the East coast

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Sep 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Who is picking up the loose ends?

2. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    Earlier this year moved my Mondial service to Vinny, Mark and team. Great mechanic and great welcoming people I couldn't be happier.!

3. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    so whats the real story about steve moving without any notice. I just got the letter a few days ago as well. I thought he was doing well at his new location. Frankly, I liked his lodi location much better. It might have been better to stay there.

4. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    That's what I was hoping to find out here. ClydeM started this thread, so I was hoping he would fill us in on what Steve told him. But no response yet.

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I really don't like feeding the trolls.

But for everyone else, I don't have any more information.
    I mentioned I caught up with him on his last day. A few customers happened to stop by to say hi, then bye as it were. That day he took myself and
    another customer up to introduce us to Vinny. I do know a couple of ongoing projects were taken care of to the owners satisfaction.

Signature and Apex detailing are still in the Newark building.

I haven't talked to Steve since. I'd imagine he's crazy busy trying to set up in to a new home, job, and family life. He took care of my cars and I was sorry to see him go. I wish him well.

I did receive the letter from Vinny & Mark of Auto-Elite. Perhaps this Saturday I'll visit them for one of their Saturday BBQs. I need to chat with them about my 308 running a little rough.

6. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I don't think anyone is saying anything negative. Courtesy says to send a letter showing appreciation to your loyal customers.

That leaves the door open to return.

7. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Thanks Clyde. Not a troll here.

I guess it's easier for you because you had the satisfaction of "closure"
    with your trusted mechanic and friend. I had neither. I always treated Steve as more
    than just my mechanic. I genuinely cared for him, his wife Melissa and their daughter.
    I felt I got the same back from him.
    Steve made owning a classic Lamborghini as easy as owning a minivan. He never tried to gouge me on prices, never had an attitude of "if you can afford the car, you can afford me". Never tried a "transfer of wealth" from me to him with big bills. Being around the
    same age, I thought I had a mechanic and friend for life.
    Just feel burned.
    Now I'm waiting for my doctor to disappear because of the new health care laws.
    A crummy week.

8. Teds360

Teds360 Karting

Jan 12, 2011
    NJ
    Interstate Motorsport May be an option for you guys who need services. They are competitively priced with an experienced certified ferrari master technician.

9. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Thanks

10. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    Classic Coach in Elizabeth is also great in my opinion.

11. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    i'll prob go to ferrari of cnj or long island from now on.

12. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    You cannot go wrong with FOLI. They will pick up and deliver.

13. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    Thats what i need...The independents are almost as pricey as ferrari and from my exp ferrari gets the job done right the first time, so i don't have to pay them multiple visits. I'll pay a couple extra bucks for the convenience.

14. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I have come to this conclusion as well. My next F-car is going to the dealer.

15. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Just an FYI - Classic Coach is not an independent. They are part of Ferrari of Central FL and Tampa (used to be Lamborghini Bergen) and do the damage repair work for FNA. The only dealers that have been around the Northeast longer are Miller and Algar.

16. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Does anyone know how to contact Steve? Please PM me if so.

17. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Use his old email address from Arena Motors. It's still valid and he does check it, though not often. I've gotten him this way.

18. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ok, will do - Thanks Clyde