No Rear Testarossa Tires Available Anymore?! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

No Rear Testarossa Tires Available Anymore?!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sachin, Apr 21, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    87 TR with stock 16" wheels. BFGs were the best buy.

2. DinoRossa

DinoRossa Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Chris Mulvena
    Hi Sparky, Can you post a photo of how the back tires look? Are you happy with how they fit the 10" rim (specs say designed for 7-9" rim so have held off buying them for my 88.5

Cheers
    Chris

3. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    You bet Chris. Will try to get a shot or two tomorrow.

4. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    I am also running the BFG and like them...

5. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    Have the BFGs on the my '85 TR and think they look great on the rear (and front too!) They also have a non-aggressive simple looking sidewall design that makes them look more '80s vintage than the Kumhos.

6. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The BF tires fit and look great. I put a fresh set on my car before I sold it.. I was actually sorry that I did not put tires on sooner as the car drove much better with fresh rubber vs. old and hard rubber. The BFs will not disasspoint..

R

7. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    Hi Chris. Cant get f chat to download pix of rear tires that you wanted. Files are too big and for some reason I dont have photoshop. Sorry.

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you may download a small free program called: tinypic, works fine and easy to use

9. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    #184 sparky p-51, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Chris & Turbo lets see if tinypic works. Waddayaknow tinypix works ok. Chris the tires fit great. No issues whatsoever. Get a set. Put them on. Run then.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #185 302Tim, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. DinoRossa

DinoRossa Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Chris Mulvena
    Thanks Sparky p-51, and 302Tim just what I needed. About to push button and order.

Regards
    Chris

12. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    greetings... it seems that tire rack is the only place and bfgoodrich os the only mfg for a set of tires on my 1990 TR... tire rack shows them in stock at the correct size, but then notes for rears at check out "Important Notes: Rear: Tire choice must fit on 10" wide wheel, check specs." i double checked the specs and i see no reason why these wouldn't fit. anyone care to confirm before i order a set ? thank you !
    BFGoodrich*g-Force Sport COMP-2

13. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I've just fitted a set to my 1991 fits perfect
    I searched for a while and these were the only ones I could find that a) worked and b) were in stock.

14. DinoRossa

DinoRossa Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Chris Mulvena
    I bought them from Tire Rack and had them delivered to New Zealand within a week - can't recommend Tire Rack highly enough. Tyres fit great and look the part. Don't worry about the 9" max rim width spec - if you check the specs for the original Michelin's they say exactly the same thing?? Probably means we should try and find some 275's

15. wintech

wintech Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Pete K
    +2 for Tire Rack, very slick operation. BF of this range unavailable in Australia so importing was the only option. As a suggestion to others in the same dilemma; don't ship them by LCL as all the handling costs and waiting as well as yr time to pick them up from the customs bond store makes 5 day Int Air Freight the cheaper option by far!!! I have learned from experience

Cheers
    Pete

16. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I just ordered a set of the BFG g-force Comp-2's myself...

I just got my '91 TR delivered a couple weeks ago, noticed the tires were all made between '06 and '07...not worth risking driving on those when I can get a new set for $515 that includes shipping!!!....My car had been sitting for the last couple years (at various dealers) with very few miles put on it (a recipe for disaster in my opinion) ...didn't want to take it out in the spring and have a major tire problem..

I've used Tire Rack many times in the past...always excellent price and service...they ship right to my friend's shop that will install them, and I will go in a few weeks and get them put on, don't have to deal with the delivery, or storing them, etc

17. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Just bought some from Tire Rack and installed on my 1990. Fits great. Kept my original Goodyears in case they are ever worth something - they had plenty of tread on them and only about 4000 miles, but were eleven years old, so changed them just in case.

18. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    @sailquik and anyone else with an opinion.... do you think having the old good years on hand would be of interest to include with a future sale of the car ? my good years have some tread left on them... but they are old... not sure if anyone would care to have the old tires too ? my hope is that michelin will make pilot sports available again at some point, if so it seems that would be the best scenario. thank you!

19. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    and by the way... thanks everyone ! i'm going to buy a set of of the bf goodrich asap.

20. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I found my 512 M still dressed with the 1995 GoodYear tires ; I should change as well and keep the old tires as collections together with another 2 pieces of 345/15 which are from my Porsche Kremer 935.

21. John frisoli

John frisoli Rookie

Jan 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    John d frisoli
    I have an 85 tr with metric wheels
    No more 280/45/415 tires from Coker
    What’s my next move
    Can’t put a US tire on a metric wheel
    Any solutions
    Thanks

22. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    Buy those 16 inch repros from mr fiat on eBay.

then wait patiently for a set of real ones to come up for sale for a reasonable amount.

23. John frisoli

John frisoli Rookie

Jan 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    John d frisoli
    Thanks for the reply
    Has anyone out there put a US
    Tire on a metric rim
    Rear tires I need
    280/45/415 metric
    I don’t want to Change rims
    This was my dads car
    I want it original

24. rovexienus

rovexienus Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2010
    Sainte Colombe, France (near Lyon)
    Full Name:
    Jean-Michel Savary
    Hello John,
    I do not believe a US tire can go on a metric rim.
    Regarding the TRX 280/45/415, the last time it was mentioned in the Michelin catalogue was for the 2017 season. From 2018 this dimension is not shown in this catalogue any more.

25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Please don't do that!

You're risking your life and your car if you don't properly match the tire to the rim. Looking like it can fit and being proper and safe are two different things.

Either find metric tires when they make a new batch, buy standard rims or buy aftermarket rims to use temporarily until you can source OEM rims.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MOSS and thorn like this.