Horrific Aventador crash in Brooklyn | FerrariChat

Horrific Aventador crash in Brooklyn

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by tboniello, Sep 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
  2. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wow, glad to hear the occupants survived!(I hope I read the article correctly)
    I couldn't imagine what that must have sounded like. Incredible!

Be safe everyone.

3. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Yes I know the owner. The accident happened 3 blocks from my home. I was outside when it happened and was at the scene. Totally insane! He basically walked away.

4. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    What happened exactly? I heard a car pulled out in front of him, but at the rate of speed he was going it's tough to know who to blame.

5. JRP

JRP Karting
    BANNED

Jun 21, 2012
    Upstate NY
  6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    It doesnt appear to me he is traveling at such a high rate of speed. That Mazda should easily have seen him coming down the road. At least it would seem that way according to the video i watched several times. Glad all are ok though

7. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    I agree. If I had to guess, I would have said 35-40 tops?

8. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Does anyone know whether the Mazda was driven by an elderly person? I've had two serious accidents in my life (no injuries, fortunately) and both were caused by an elderly driver making a left turn right into me.

9. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    It's hard to imagine how a car could split in half at such a relatively low speed...what, if anything, does that say about the quality of the design/construction of the car? Any ideas or insights?

10. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I suspect the disintegration of the car prevented the occupants from absorbing the same destructive force and the occupants' cell remained intact. Frankly it probably avoided much more serious injury or death.

The other car clearly turned in front, perhaps oblivious or maybe thinking he or she could make the turn before the other car arrived. The latter seems like a big stretch, as you can see both cars in frame before the Mazda turns.

What are the odds the Mazda has enough insurance coverage to pay for the Aventador?

11. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    From what I heard the driver of the Mazda was a drug addict. Probably turned into him to try and sue him. Thank god he his ok. Gorgeous car and expensive but at the end of the day, It's just a car. Life is more important. Sad too see a Lambo like that.

I believe the car is built to break at that point for safety.

Check out nyexoticcarspotters on Instagram and autospawash. They have pics and they were with him before and after accident.

12. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    Sorry. It's @nyexoticspotters

13. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm sure hitting the tree had a lot to do with that! You can see the tree shake a bit when the Lambo hits it. Big trees are sooo unforgiving.

14. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    What are the odds the driver of the mazda was......texting while making that turn?

15. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    doesn't look like he was traveling that fast at all. totally the mazda driver's fault. glad the occupant survived!

16. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony

The *rumor* on a Lambo forum is that the Mazda driver did that as an insurance scam. If true, I wonder if he realizes how much an Aventador goes for...

17. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Give me a break.