So Alonso is scared of a competitive teammate? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

So Alonso is scared of a competitive teammate?

Discussion in 'F1' started by TifosiUSA, Sep 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    How?

Last year's Lotus was definitely better than the F2012, especially at the start of the year.

This year it's closer. Perhaps the overall edge to Lotus since I think it is a bit more consistent than the Ferrari.

Sorry but not firing Massa about 3 years earlier debunks this theory.

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #102 TifosiUSA, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    If you say so Gordo, like anyone thinks your little opinion has any weight.

Again, please enlighten us with all the proof you have of Alonso's disdain with the Kimi signing? Got any proof to these veto clauses in his contract Bas Jaski talks about?

...and the guy has the audacity to say I'M stretching it. :rolleyes:

I'll spell it out for you once more: there's no proof Alonso is pissed. In fact, having Kimi on board greatly increases his chances of a WDC. For all we know he's thrilled about it. Keep desperately trying to pass off your redundant, simple theories as fact, though.

Well...that much is obvious. Tell us something we don't know, Shades! :D

3. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud
    #103 MrShades, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Do you really think Alonso his so happy that Kimi is going to be his team mate the next 2 years that he is tip toe dancing at Maranello?
    I does not take a genius to understand that he feels degraded

Let me just say that it is as if you(Alonso)are CEO of a company and are used to and have a secretary(Massa)and the owner of the company where you are CEO determines that they will denounce your secretary and and hire another CEO in the same position as you instead, with exactly the same status and privileges as you

I think you are the only one that would you be happy for that

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Phil's comments to Brazilian TV;

Should he out qualify Fred again this could get interesting....... ;)

He also said he believes they'll clash with each other. And he may just know a little more than us as he's driven alongside both of 'em as we know.

Cheers,
    Ian
    Fernando Alonso/Kimi Raikkonen will clash at Ferrari - Felipe Massa - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

5. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    I don't think that Alonso is scared of anyone, with the possible exception of Vettel. I think Kimi will find that out soon enough.

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Alonso is better than Raikkonen and supremely confident. I predict he will usually finish ahead of Kimi.

That said, Alonso is smart enough to realize that Kimi will beat him sometimes because he is very fast. Kimi will actually be able to take points off of Alonso's key rivals in the championship, something Massa has been unable to do the last 3 years because of the large performance disparity between the two.

Having Kimi onboard helps Fernando. Is FA singing from the rooftops? No. But I doubt he is sulking and worried like some presume.

I don't think he's scared of Vettel. I think FA respects him, but also realizes he has almost beat Seb more than once despite Newey. I think the only guy Fred might worry about is Hamilton.

7. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 agreed, although I don't think he's scared of KId Index either. Put him in the second Can and I'm sure he'd give him a serious challenge.

As I've said many times.

Neither do I think Kimi is 'scared' of anyone either. We here in the gallery like to say 'he doesn't give a ****' etc etc, but he's a different guy behind the wheel - He cares a lot and I still think is gonna surprise many next year. Now, whether that results in Fred getting pissed remains to be seen.... 'This is why we watch'.....

Cheers,
    Ian

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  9. MrShades

MrShades Rookie

Sep 23, 2009
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Claus Roger Schjerverud

I can not agree more
    Massa have played second fiddle to Alonso to long so i really hope that Massa wins some races

10. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Yeah because Massa has been driving 80% just to make sure Alonso has beaten him this whole time (years and years)...:rolleyes:

Keep dreaming guys.

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Saw this earlier Ian. Be nice to see Felipe take some risk and push it this weekend. Freedom does wonders for a man!!

12. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Lol at Massa's comments.

He has been playing a supporting role because he hasn't delivered results in the past few years, end of story. For anyone to think that now just coz he has issued a public comment that he will be racing for himself and going to somehow finish ahead of Alonso is plain stupid...

13. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Has Massa temporarily forgotten that he's under contract THIS year, and will have to do what he's told? Strange thing for him to say.

His comment about Kimi and Alonso clashing could just be because he's bitter about losing his seat.

Once again, we'll probably never know.

14. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    or care

15. DF1

Hopefully Massa really doesnt care anymore and goes out to simply race and ignore FA. As far as the contract goes at this point that also doesnt matter much. Massa has zero to lose by simply running his own race.

He's already been let go. Good for him and in this situation were it any of us I would imagine many of us might have the same feelings.

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Don't worry, Alonso will still smoke him.

Absolutely idiotic comments by Massa, IMO. He should feel blessed when the team kept him on despite years of crap results. Now he won't support Alonso in trying to win the title? Wow. Some loyalty there...

17. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You have to be kidding?

18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Actually, I'd say he has quite a bit to lose!

If Massa fails to support Alonso for the rest of the season then he might as well kiss F1 goodbye!

For a start off, the first race he refuses to help or make way for Alonso, it'll be the last time he sits in a Ferrari F1 car because they will drop him with immediate effect.

Then, he'll have the added problem that prospective teams will be put off him because he ignored team instructions and didn't do what was best for the team.

As I see it, racing for himself and ignoring what the team and Alonso require would be one of the dumbest things that Massa could do!

19. DF1

Ok lets look at his options - Lotus or Sauber. After Ferrari neither are that great. Lotus will take Hulk. The press is saying he is in the lead for the seat.

He's been dropped by Ferrari. He wont race for them again. If he doesnt help FA(who frankly doesnt really need help), what will Ferrari do? Oh Gene or some other test driver with a bunch of simulator time. Not a great option.

He is well known to teams to have actually followed orders unlike others in F1. Massa does not have a non team reputation. Period.

He's been fired driving for himself makes more sense given he is probably out of F1 no matter. FA doesnt need the help. Now that he does its funny to see all this noise about Massa potentially not helping. Ferrari did this to themselves.We should welcome this. FA should work for his passes on Felipe now unlike Monza. Its racing.

20. mnm

mnm Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Right of course, thats why nobody in their right mind would ever sign Vettel. Guy simply isn't a team player!

Its better that Massa continues to let Alonso trample all over him, and people mock him for his lack of pace, that way he has a better chance of prospective teams wanting to sign him.

21. DF1

Oh I agree fully. FA doesnt need the help.

Its funny to see the reaction with Massa saying he may not help. Like he cares now. He did his part. LdM has a plan. It his problem and he has no other drivers with experience in this car to assist the team. They tried that with Kimi when Massa was in the hospital. Not great results.

Massa should keep to his word. Id respect him more if he does now. I welcome this chaos. Anyone really going to catch Vettel with out an immense amount of luck??

Im over this year already and very much look forward to next year; new cars, driver line-up/matches etc. The rest of this year is entertainment as the teams wind down support for the current machines.

22. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #122 PhilNotHill, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    of course it is not a perfect world...all those people with their own ideas, talents and aspirations. F1 is full of people. Such is life.

Phil should retire. He has enough money to live very comfortably. Best thing for him is to go out like a loyal Ferrari driver. Driving for a lesser team would be like driving a Prius compared to an Fcar.

Alonso will be fine. competition is a good thing. if he is a champion he will rise to the occasion. If not he'll be replaced. To be expected in the "what have you done for me lately" world we live in and F1 as well in spades.

Forza Ferrari.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I personally hope he'll go race in WEC, whether it be for Ferrari in GT-pro or another team in LMP1.

24. DF1

+1 there is some great racing out there and frankly some of it is better than F1 and the soap opera it generates.

25. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Except, outside of Le Mans, nobody gives a ****...... Then there's the interminable problem of multiple classes. I'd bet only the most hard core fan could name who won LMP2 or GT-whatever-it-is-this week classes at Le Mans, let alone any of the other rounds.

Cheers,
    Ian