Ferrari Sightings | Page 97 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Not many out there like Bob Z. He does most of the maintenance on the car also!

2. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I do use the car quite often.
    I get some strange looks when I'm at Home Depot or Lowes, loading bags of mulch or plants into the trunk.
    But, what the heck, it's just a car and meant to be driven.

Bob Z.

3. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Yes, I do all my own work except for the valve job.

I just completed a major engine overhaul.
    I do my wheel alignments and balancing with a few simple tools.
    The car was light metallic blue (boring!) when purchased in November, 1975.
    I painted it myself and now it's Corvette Bright Yellow.

Bob Z.

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    That is SO awesome. Using the car the way it's intended. Not as some divine object to be coveted but as a stupid car. *chuckle* :)

Love it!

5. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    Just east of Smithfield on 70, Friday late afternoon...saw what appeared to be a grey Scud heading east. Anyone know of it??

Looked sharp!

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Today on 501 just north of Durham @ 11:40, beautiful red 599 headed north.

7. Impervious

Impervious Karting

Sep 20, 2010
    Spotted a Carrera GT today coming out of Performance Porsche today in Chapel Hill. Followed it for a bit... That sound...

8. Splitting Atoms

Splitting Atoms Formula 3

Sep 18, 2011
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I don't get out much so I don't see many Ferraris in the wild. This past Tuesday I saw a red 348 with the plate "SINGLRU" on Route 161 near rock hill. On Thursday I saw a yellow Testarossa headed south on Route 274 in York (only got a glimpse of it, but it looked real). I also saw a red F430 spyder headed north on I85 just south of Spartanburg. That was a years worth of Ferraris in one week!

9. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    That's Bob Z for you. I absolutely love it. The perfect attitude towards car ownership.
    I used to get funny looks too when I'd leave Lowes with 2x4s sticking out of my Diablo.

10. BenjaminB

BenjaminB Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    #2410 BenjaminB, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My brother saw a red 355 Spider in Winston-Salem driving down Country Club road earlier this week... Anyone know the owner?

My best friend saw a red 360 spider in Charlotte off 485 on August 22. Appears to be Mr. Patlew's ride! Pictures attached.

No sightings by me this week...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    My first official spot and a good one. I was on my way to FCI dropping off to have car looked at and a new clutch 1st one at 28k miles that is rated for 30k not bad. Drove a 430 that day as well looking to upgrade.

12. t3thomas

t3thomas Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    GThomas
    Very surprised to see a orange Countach heading east on US64 in Apex/Cary about 11:00 AM on Monday. IM pretty sure it wasn't the same one that used to show up now and then at the Briar Creek C&C's.

13. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    Gray 308 on 15/501S turning into Fearrington around 11:30 this morning. Wish I could've joined you.

14. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #2414 Owens84QV, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Glenn...there's an orange Diablo in the Apex area...

15. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    nice pic! - I saw that car heading down 64E the other day - I was going westbound and it was menacing, coming up over the hill.

16. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #2416 ECTurboGSX, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Perhaps I'm missing the sarcasm, but that is a kit car Greg, is it not? I know the build quality on the Lambo's at that time wasn't the best, but there is all kinds of wavy and bad alignment going on there and the proportions don't look right.

Edit: Definitely a kit car. The orange between the door window and the rear quarter window is all wrong (no color break on real Diablos) and the trim below the door has a lot more curvature on a real Diablo. Just two easy things to pick up on, but the whole car looks off. I'm sure it still looks cool in person.

17. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Eric...it's the real deal. I've seen it over at our local grocery store and peeked inside.

18. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Saw a red California with the top down this afternoon near Providence and 485 in Charlotte, with a plate that started with John and an initial. If that was someone here, we were in the steel blue Ford Flex with my daughters waving out the window. They were excited to see a "Ferrari race car" with "peanut butter seats". They insisted on rolling the window down to hear the engine. I must be raising them right :)

19. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    At birkdale red rocks lake noan black California parked in valet

20. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I think its a kit also. Looks like poor quality fiberglass lines on the rear and even the badge
    was either attached crooked or is falling off! Many replicas were sold with interior kits and even
    engine covers. If it is real, its been ridden hard!

21. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    That "Diablo" is definitely not the real deal. So much wrong with proportions. Some definitive signs are -- There is no window or glass portion past the door. The spoiler's height and the placement of the attachment onto the raised body instead of lower. And for some reason, "Lamborghini" put the fuel cap on the wrong side of the car!

Been seeing a red 458 Italia around town last few weeks. Plate reads "MYSLOW1" hmmm...
    Also saw a red 360 spider. Beautiful '03 local car.

22. Ehamilton

Ehamilton Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2010
    Durham, NC; USA
    Full Name:
    Eric Hamilton
    15-501 between Chapel Hill and Durham

23. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Saturday at 9:30 AM Red 458 passed me on rt 16 near Bonds Grove Rd in Waxhaw. We shared a Harley wave. Car just looked awesome on the road.

24. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Yellow 308 in the Spruce Pine, NC Burger King parking lot on Saturday, Sept 14th. I was headed toward the parkway, so only caught a glimpse. Frequently see exotics on 19E (likely headed between Asheville and Boone, or possibly out of Mountain Air in Burnsville), but rarely see anything more interesting than my Z3 or Carrera 4 sitting still in that particular area.

25. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I almost forgot, a week ago Friday in Greenville, I saw a red F430 coupe with the polished split 5 spoke wheels at the light at Roper Mtn Rd/Garlington Rd. Of course I rolled the window down to hear the exhaust note :)