A boxer beyond repair | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A boxer beyond repair

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Newman, Aug 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

turbo joe, I just tried the link and it opened fine. strange!

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    that is strange now:

just now I tried again and no more bad message

sooo strange ! ! ! so sorry all please for this, but I thaught would be good to warn all

3. ferraripete

were you able to see the photo? Do you think that is the same car pictured in this thread?

if so, we may have been able to solve for a bit of this cars history!

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If you're serious about this, I have the name and phone number of the guy who owned the car currently for sale circa 2008.

5. ferraripete

I am not a buyer however I thought it was interesting that coco had an apparent hand in this conversion.

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    when I tried the first 2 times I could not see a photo because my anti virus program stopped it.
    but the 3rd time shortly later I have seen the photo and no more virus alert.

strange :(

7. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    geez- sooo tacky. yikes. Who wants to pick up a date in that car.....

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I was just wondering if buying it and parting it out makes sense at $70K. Doesn't matter who converted it, its gross. Its like when people dress animals up in baby clothes and they're on americas funniest home videos, its just wrong. At $70K it could be tough to recover the money because of how many parts have been ruined. Power train and interior. The windshield is worth some money too however.

9. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Your anti virus program analyzed the picture and ok'd it by the 3rd click.

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'd buy it, put fiero badges on it, and drive it to Ferrari club get togethers. then deal with the questions from those "in the know". I would then open the engine compartment and show those members what they don't know.

11. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Yeah, you could take it back of course. If it is an economic decision though, I think it would be a bad one too. You see, I think Newman is right. I think there is just too much going on there to put back. And even in parts it is too high.

And honestly I think it would be sad to part. Because I say to each there own. The car should go to the guy, or girl, who wants it for what it is. Not for what it was or could be.

Too bad.

At first I thought Newman had more photos of my project as seen in my avatar. Now THAT is far gone.

12. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Well Peter, I think you should buy this beauty then!

John :D

13. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    It is sold.

14. ferraripete

they probably found this thread and saw that we determined this car to be a NART chopped spyder and jumped on it hoping they would have the next big NART spyder sale:)

15. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Is the new owner here?

Please come out and play. :)

16. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    if you swapped out the wheels, and cleaned up the garish aspects a bit, it wouldnt be so bad. and dont disparage kumhos ! i have them on my bbi coz they are nice and sticky !

boxerman likes this.
  17. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If I bought a car that this forum had chewed up and spit out the way we have, I would be leary of coming out too. Unless it was to say "Hey I bought this car and I'm going to fix the ugliness"

18. ferraripete

I actually think the car has some cool history dating back to Greenwich, ct (my hometown) in 1991.

This was a chinetti nart conversion no matter what you think of it. For anyone that is a fan of the North American racing team, this is a cool car.

19. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    From what I have seen you have been messing with the Boxers the most here so you would be the one to answer the question if its worth it in parts.

There may be plenty there that is worth the parts but 70K I don't know.

20. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    There is $70k in parts but it would take some time to sell enough of it to break even. As cool as a BBi engine is, how many people need one? Gearbox has the best chance of selling and the interior is good money. Windshield for sure if you don't break it or break the antenna wire taking it out. Front clam shell is a hard sell, bumpers, all available any time and no demand. Suspension and brakes, no demand. Frame sell to open roads but for how much? I think if it was $50k buy it and break it.

21. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    Had Ferrari made 50 of them and called it a Barchetta they would fetch $1M today.

For $70K someone got a steal. It is unique. Like the Koenig I can appreciate it for it is. Definitely not for the purist but someone got a 12 cylinder Ferrari probably for less than $70K. Congrats!

22. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I agree and disagree with you. I would have bought it. And I think someone is happy to have it. But thatś about it for agreeing.

Ferrari did not build 50 of them. For one reason only. They could not have sold them.

I have heard that there were not more Dautona Spyders built for the same reason. The buyers wanted the coupes more. If Ferrari could have sold them, they would have built them.

I would place this car closer to the 365 NART Spyder. That car is not so attractive to most people. It has been offered for quite some time at about $150K. It may have sold at auction recently. Suffice it to say it is no 275 NART Spyder.

So the what if is kind of a moot point. Just perhaps though, if your supposition was real, it would be more valuable. I know there are long lost Ferraris though. And this isn´t one of them.

23. LHPFERRARI

LHPFERRARI Rookie

Mar 14, 2013
    bringing this thread back to life. I have currently owned the car since 2013.... I am in the research process

EZORED, pshoejberg and tbakowsky like this.
  24. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    So how does it drive with the top cut off?