I was wondering what all those cameras were on the Georgia State Patrol Cars | FerrariChat

I was wondering what all those cameras were on the Georgia State Patrol Cars

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by grngryoutmyway, Jul 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes and with those cameras they can instantly find out if you have active car insurance too. A patrol car can roll down the street and check every car as he drives by!

2. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    If that was all they were doing I would be ok with it, keep those jack legs off the road. Unfortunately it is not. I'm very against them storing this information outside of their cruiser and even more against selling it to outside companies. If there were cameras on every police car and they all link their data together? Not to go on a Conspiracy Theory bust but add unmanned drones, internet/phone surveillance, facial recognition, phuck!

3. Mike Shine

Mike Shine Rookie

Dec 1, 2010
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I assume your talking about the Black Box cop cars? That has been around for about 4 years, but is starting to become very prominent. You see them everywhere now. What they do is read all tags passing them upwards of 130mph. The system is linked into all national databases. So in a sense, cops can cover all lanes and have more violations or warrants pop up on their computer. Or they just drive down the highway checking all vehicles as they pass. Soon as it dings osmeone, they are on the breaks, behind the car and pulled over.

But I do agree, it also allows for national agencies as well and local and state police to be able to track you. They know exactly when and where you were at a certain time and date if you pass one of those black boxes.

4. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
    I wonder if they put stationary cameras on overpasses so they can locate those Amber Alert vehicles.

5. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    #6 TurboFreak650, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    It's a Gestapo tactic and I am totally against it. It's far too easy to abuse it, and you can bet they are now and will do so even more in the future as the lemmings get used to it.

6. Trance

Trance Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2009
    Nashville/Knoxville
    Full Name:
    Pouya V
    Good!