Post pics of your other cars... | FerrariChat

Post pics of your other cars...

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Aug 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #1 OttoB, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I doubt that many of you either: 1) have your 400 series as your only car; or 2) drive it daily, year round... So, I was curious to see what you guys drive around in the meantime. I'll start with my 1991 Porsche 911 Turbo, bored out to a 3.5 and currently undergoing a full glass out repaint. I am resto-modding it to resemble a mid-70's racer with the addition of a ducktail for the turbo, Cibie Pallas fog lights upfront, and several other cool touches.

Up next is my family car which I've been using as a daily - its a 1992 MB 500E designed and hand built between Porsche and MB which has a host of go-fast goodies and its a beast.

Following it is my 1991 BMW 850 which is also in the shop undergoing some serious modifications and too many to list, but here's a before pic after having installed the wheels and lowered the suspension. I've driven the car 2 weeks since I bought in April and the rest of the time has been in between shops.

Now, let's see what you have other than your 400 series!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    A few dozen views but not a single post to follow my initial one, which was in no way started just to show off any of my old cars... In the other forums I am active in, each for every one of my rides, either the avatar and/or the signature allows for one to list their other vehicles and was surprised to see that such is not an option in FC.com. So, why not inquire as to the selection of alternate cars of those who own and drive their 400 series? I would've figured, with little to no expectations, that several of you whom, not so different from me, have a combination of peculiar but exceptional taste in cars, would welcome an opportunity to share pictures of other current rides, but I never presumed you all to be quite so shy.

Hope I'm not the only one who has more than 1 car and who likes to share pics/details about their rides...

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Probably only because there are other similar threads that are not specific to a single
    model series. Generally, the "model specific" sections of F-Chat are reserved and dedicated
    to discussion of the cars that section is for.

The Silver Subscribed section has such threads - as well as Other Off Topic I believe.

Might be best to post in one of those sections. Consider subscribing at the Silver level...
    it's a great "social club" in Silver - extremely active with a myriad of discussions at all
    times on all topics. It's far and away the most active forum section here, and lots of fun!

Pretty sure that's why the response is so low on this thread. The Mods will likely
    move it somewhere else actually.

But good luck to you - nice cars though, BTW... :) Welcome to Ferrari Chat!

Jedi

EnzoItaly likes this.
  4. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Ahhh I get it. I know why you want to change the wheels on your 400!

5. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I thought the exact same thing :D
    The wheels do look good on the other cars, no doubt about it :cool:
    The 911 transcended through the decades, but I don't think the wheel design was up to par.
    I just don't see it on a 70'-80's Ferrari GT :eek:

6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I wanted to see if those of us non-conformists have otherwise come into ownership of other vehicles along the same/similar lines as our Ferraris, whilst hoping they share pictures of their cars... And, to those same enthusiasts, see whether their choice in motoring is as diverse as could be expected in these circles.

7. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #7 rustytractor, Aug 23, 2013
    Otto, my taste in cars is very diverse but, like you I admire the BMW 8 series and I've just bought an 1995 850 CSI with 36k miles on the clock and just one owner since '97. Guy recently died and I'm having a real problem actually getting the car because the family are so apathetic about sorting documentation out.

I'm a purist and really only like cars the way they left the factory but wheels are a personal choice and are easily changed back with minimal effort. I tend to prefer the 400 series with standard wheels, personal favourite is the 400i on TRX wheels as the stance is perfect but I prefer carbs so have an earlier, non TRX wheeled 400 and a 365 with knock offs. Beautiful cars!

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I'm on my iphone and don't know how to post pictures from it but here are mine, in no particular order.

1984 Olds 88 with 204k miles
    1989 Ranger with 185k miles
    1997 Aerostar with 194k miles
    2005 CTSV
    2013 Suzuki SX4 Crossover.

I guess I listed them in chronological order. :)

PS, do I need to list the Ferrari also or is this only other cars.

9. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    #9 aidanparte, Aug 23, 2013
  10. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #10 rustytractor, Aug 23, 2013
    Seeing as we're off topic I suppose should be anything but our F cars.

When relying, scroll down to manage attachments and add photos in the same way as you do on you desktop or laptop. I encounter a bug when trying to upload more than one pic at the same time on my iPhone or iPad as only one is uploaded no matter how many I attach - bit of a pain really.

Here's my 53 Cadi - I've owned it 23 years, bought it twice - originally in 1990 then again from my divorce settlement in 2000 - hurrah !

11. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Aidan you hero - there can't be too many caterhams where you are. Don't you c**p yourself in traffic next to all those big SUV's ?

12. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I don't know if you can do it directly from your iPhone but you can send the picture to your e-mail & then from your computer, you can post it on Fchat.

Bring your picture up on the screen, then tap the screen, in the lower left corner you'll see a square with an arrow pointing to the right. Tap on it & it will bring up another screen with icons for Mail (to send to your or someone else's e-mail), Message (to text the pic to someone else), Twitter, Facebook, etc..
    Tap the Mail icon, a New Message screen slides up, tap the "To:" box & type your e-mail address (your email address should come up after you type 1 or 2 letters), tap your email address to insert, label it in the "Subject" box if you want, then send it to your e-mail. Then, on your computer, download it to either your pictures folder or desktop, then attach it to your post here.
    We'll be waiting :D

13. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #13 rustytractor, Aug 23, 2013
    I'm posting these pics on my iPhone now (actually I'm standing naked in the bathroom while doing it - now there's a great image for everyone !)

One at a time is fine, multiples don't work.

Here's our 67 Mustang bought from a UK TV show called Wheeler Dealers last September

14. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Did you do all those miles yourself Jim ?

15. hoverland

hoverland Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Harald Ø
    #15 hoverland, Aug 23, 2013
  16. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    It can be a bit nerve-wracking sometimes. The other day a car just pulled straight out in front if me in a residential area. Luckily I was able swerve around the back of other car and don't hit anything. It was the closest encounter. In any other car there would have even a smash.

I've never seen another Caterham on the road in the 10 years I've been here.

Aidan

17. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I tell you what, it was a toss up between my 365 and 67 Mustang fastback, some day I might dump the Ferrari and get the Ford!

We got the Ranger and Aerostar new. Initially the truck was for the wife then the Olds and finally the Aerostar since 97. We got the Olds in 91 with 78k miles and it just keeps on going. We are really using the Suzuki a lot as it gets 30mpg plus, also trying to "save the Aerostar for when we need a big car.

Not listed because they have been sold are 92 Mustang 5.0 and 96 Impala SS. I sold the Mustang when I got the CTSV and sold the Impala to buy the Ferrari. I think if I was to do it all again I would have kept the Impala and skip the CTSV (this is not a slam to the CTSV but if I didn't get the Caddy the house would be paid off).

18. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    #18 GT Jones, Aug 23, 2013
    Aidan, I've never seen one on the road in 20 years in Boston!
    Here's my '97 911 C2S getting a very rare spit-shine last week. Hit the track at NHMS this past Monday and i'll go to Porschefest at MoT in Brookline in a few weeks. It's nearly a DD at this time of year.

19. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    And to the O.P. I loved the wheels off of my '92 500e. Fantastic sedan. The later AMG cars had more power but never the same feel.

20. squidmark

squidmark Karting

Sep 11, 2011
    Oxford
    Full Name:
    Howard Dent
    #20 squidmark, Aug 24, 2013
    I'm almost embarrassed to admit I can't compete in the 'garage' collections - although I'm intrigued to see what others have for Ferrari company! I spent many years working at a well known Ferrari restorer (nearly 20 years ago now), and swore then I thought I would never be able to afford even the most undesirable model even though I now have one - so my garage was always littered with MGs, Triumphs, and the like (as a young man) before maturing into 1950s Daimlers and what has become my other passion - the 1950s Morris Isis.

Having been 'collecting' and restoring them for over 30 years now, I have owned many of the survivors - but I still have 7 and regularly use 2.

Sad but true...

21. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #21 rustytractor, Aug 24, 2013
    Nothing wrong with good old British tin - these old buses have real character and these 2 look great. You have 7 ? What state are the others in ?

For the first time in many years I now own a British sports car. I did a "Counting Cars" the other day and pulled over a guy with a beautiful 1963 Sunbeam Alpine Mk III (the rarest of all Alpines) and bought it subject to it being checked over. Checked out fine so I bought it for my other half as a surprise birthday present (it's in November so I have time to do the odds and sods required to bring it up to scratch).

22. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #22 rustytractor, Aug 24, 2013
  23. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I think I've worked out why I can only upload one picture at a time from my iPad.

On a pc each picture has a unique file name so when more than one is uploaded at a time each one is stored separately on the server then uploaded to the thread.

With an iPad or iPhone, each image is uploaded as "image.jpg" so when the second one uploads it overwrites the first one and so on. That's probably the reason why only the last one I upload as part of a group of pix is uploaded to the thread.

I humbly stand to be corrected but believe the above to be true, so help me god.

24. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    #24 rustytractor, Aug 24, 2013
    This is my 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS bought earlier this year.

I found this car locked in a garage where it had sat for 12 years fully restored and set up for street racing. Restored in the states then bought over here and sold to a guy who just tinkered with it but didn't drive it. It has a crate 502 putting out 550 bhp, discs all round and a Curry Enterprises Ford back axle - it's the nuttiest car I've ever owned.

That said, I'm considering selling it so if anyone's interested let me know but it won't be cheap.

25. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    #25 Tassie, Aug 24, 2013
    Nice collection Russell.
    Now don't you just wish you lived in God's Own Country so you could enjoy them more often.
    Here is my contribution to show the dark side to my motoring life.
    38 Dodge Speedster, all pre 38 Dodge except period Ford wheels,
    55 Crowfoot Holden, methanol fuelled Aust racer