Left TFT display - park sensors "stop and go" | FerrariChat

Left TFT display - park sensors "stop and go"

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jipettersen, Aug 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jipettersen

jipettersen Karting

Jul 4, 2013
    Oslo, Norway
    I was playing with the left TFT menu. In the menu "settings" and "car settings" / park sensors "stop and" i changed the input.
    Now the parksensors are visible on the screen when i go under 10 km/h. So far so good.

But now i cannot activate the MENU button anymore when I'm standstill !!!!!
    Just the parksensor aid is visible in the TFT. Then i push the menu to try to change settings again and nothing happens in the TFT (still park sensor window).

When I'm driving the TFT changes and i can use the menu button, but then i only have the "speed limit input" option.

I page 107 this is described.
    My guess is my dealer dont have a clue.
    I´m stucked.

2. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    Tried putting the car at standstill in neutral and then changing menu?

Sunny

3. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    turn the parking sensors OFF using the switch in the overhead console. it will revert the display.

4. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    #4 oedipol, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    when the sensor is active at speed lower than 10km/h, u only get the sensor display and cannot change anything , that is normal. if you want, u can either disable the sensor temporarily as described above or permanently via settings.

However, once u get going and all you get is speed limiter, then you have a problem ! I have had the same problem before but it has been fixed now after 4 weeks at the dealer.

checkout here:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia/415630-software-glitch.html

5. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    +1...I experienced exactly the same frustration 10 months ago and my salesman at Miller fixed it in 5 seconds doing just this.

6. jipettersen

jipettersen Karting

Jul 4, 2013
    Oslo, Norway
    Thanks !!

I feel stupid !!!!
    This is only my second day with the car

Ballie64 likes this.
  7. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    +1. I just had the same issue here. Had the car about 2 weeks now. I read the manual section on this 5 times to no avail. Did a quick search here and found this in 2 minutes with the exact answer. This forum should be paid for entirely by Ferrari because it saves their dealers and customers so many headaches. Thanks Entropy- easy fix, but not int he manual.

8. CH_348

CH_348 Karting

Nov 10, 2016
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Chris Steinacker
    6 years later, same mistake, just as thankful to you guys for providing me with the simple solution! Worked by just switching parking sensors off on the roof-console even though I also had only the speed limiter available during cruising. So no biggie at all. Thanks Fchatters!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

9. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    I was frustrated by this "feature" also, dealer told me about the button....BUT-what is the point of programming it this way?

10. 997_T_u_r_b_o

997_T_u_r_b_o Rookie

Nov 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    This saved me a from several headaches today. Thank god we have forums like this to fix these simple issues.

11. TMcD

TMcD Rookie

Dec 25, 2015
    Just tried to reset my TPS code only to find out that the Left TFT Would only show front sensors screen until Driving the car, didn’t want to attempt resetting TPS while driving the car, not really sure if you can anyway. Every time I came to a stop the sensor screen showed back up. I also tried to read the manual multiple times without any success. I am also glad I found this thread otherwise I would’ve been up all night wondering why I can’t get my head on straight about understanding what I was doing wrong. If I turn off the sensors on the overhead counsel will it happen again when I turn it back on or does it automatically reset itself on once you turn the car off and then back on. I apologize if I’m not wording this correctly as I’m a little bit confused about all of it.

12. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Once you turn it off using the overhead button, that should be the end of it. Totally moronic setup by Ferrari.

Ray

TMcD likes this.
  13. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Don't, the User Interface is quite unfriendly and horrid :rolleyes:

jm2 likes this.
  14. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I had this same thing happen to me it was like being trapped in purgatory. I found an old thread on here that said hit the overhead button and it worked.

15. schmidtg1

schmidtg1 Rookie

Sep 10, 2021
    Moseley, VA
    Full Name:
    Eric Schmidt
    Thank you, this is no where in the owners manual and I've been scratching my head for days on this. Much appreciated.

16. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Man! I was going nuts in my new to me Cali T. Found this thread and “bingo” problem solved. Nine years later and you’re still helping people! Thank you so much!!!

Rexcat458 likes this.
  17. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ok so I have same problem in my F8– annoying AF— however, I do t think I have an option on overhears panel to turn off… there is a button there that I guess could be it (one on the right of three)- but it doesn’t turn it off… just keep f’ing beeping like a madman….. I tried clicking it. I tried holding it— and still beeping away and left TFT still stuck on that stupid sensors graphic…. Help?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
  19. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I got it… on the F8, it’s no longer on overhead panel, it’s on the dash next to the lifter

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

rob5819 likes this.
  20. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    Same issue for me on my new 488. I should have never played with the menu! Glad I found this thread:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. Ferrari2652

Ferrari2652 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 23, 2022
    Thank you!