Z06 walks away from Lambo | FerrariChat

Z06 walks away from Lambo

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by RacerX_GTO, Jul 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    So, two guys in an LP640 want a piece of the Corvette and the Corvette says, "nope".
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7dqSky2Eh0]Lamborghini vs corvette zr1 - YouTube[/ame]

2. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
  3. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Totally into the Z06, but come on - is it really that much quicker than a Murci? Must be modded as something is not what it seems...

4. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Funny that the video title says ZR1, but it's indeed a Z06 that spanked 'em!

Brian

5. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Dtock to stock it cannot happen. I had a 2009 ZR1 which is a very fast car much more than the ZO6. Even a head to head on the ZR1 I would not be sure.

Next we will get a post saying 'MY '66 fALCON Sprint beat a Bulgatti Veryron.

This is why you have to take this forum as it is, entertainment with occasional fact thrown in usually by accident :).

Best

Lee

6. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    definitely not stock, the wheels are outboard more than stock even, good bet is that 'vette is either turbo or supercharged
    still it's a funny video, at least the - sounds like Russian? - guys in the Murci had enough sense of humor to laugh about it, that's a true car guy, to be impressed and entertained even by the car that's beating you! ;)

7. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    +1

8. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #8 ForzaV12, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

It could happen
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    LOVE it!! The vettes are something else. I just wish more people would give credit where credit is due.

10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I cannot see how anyone can tell that car is not stock. Corvettes are geared in a way that makes them hard to beat unlike most high end car they have plenty of torque and can stay in gear longer. The Lambo driver may have no clue how to drive or how to get the most out of the car.

11. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #11 texasmr2, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    Or he does and was just enjoying the moment/experience! :)

12. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    That would be me and most of my exotic car freinds :) Okay I donnot know how to drive on a race track, but I enjoy the drive anyway.

No disrespect to the poster who made the" Lambo driver does not know how drive etc etc etc. I just get tired of reading this. It is just plain stupid or at best juvenile.

These exotic or sports cars are just fun to drive, feel the power, the handling and the craftmanship.

I just repect the car and the thought this man or woman must have been succesful in life. Of course you run into the "trusti babys. My buds call them lucky sperm eggs

Okay I have play raced and keen hit the apex of a curve. Now I can beat my chest and do a tarzan roar.

I wonder if honey BO BO is on TV yet :)

Lee

13. Ferrari Envy

Ferrari Envy Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Cameron DeMille
    #13 Ferrari Envy, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    That Vette is not stock, but they aren't that hard to get moving quickly, without forced induction.

I don't think these guys cared, they were just having fun.

Those LS motors have so much potential with just a little bit of money, it's scary.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have walked plenty of exotics in bone stock Z06 vettes. The exotics just don't have the torque or gearing to keep up. Top speed the exotic will indeed beat it most of the time, but they lose time and time again in a street fight. It's no contest really.

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Notice I used the word maybe!!! As a past owner I can tell you if you are cruising down the highway in a higher gear YOU have no chance against a car with the torque band of a Z. Yes I used to race and yes I have built probably over 200 modified cars but my statement has nothing to with being jealous it is based on knowing more about cars than just how to put my foot down on the gas. Yes you can easily make a Z06 faster and more powerful than a ZR1 and it there are plenty of them out there but I do not have xray vision and cannot see engine mods from the outside of the car.

16. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    You too, my brother!!! A cool video regardless of flack.

17. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Yes it was )

I reread my post and I discovered I cannot spell or I need to turn the light on when I type

oh well

Best

Lee

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    No harm so no foul.

19. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #19 leead1, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    There are parts of your post that are true that most people may not know.

Engineers involved in engine design define horse power as the Square root of torque X RPM devided by a constant.

As you point out most exotics use high rpms to get the hp. They do this at the expense of torque as you say.

As an example my 458 Ferrari red line at 9500 to get the power. My Shelby Mustang at 665hp has a redline about 5500. I do not have the car currently at home so I am estimating. The Mustang will pull a house down. The ferrari will just look good sitting out front of the house. :)

The Z06 is a fast car I do not know what exotics you are speaking of. I doubt a Z06 could out run a Meclaren 12c or a 458 ferrari, the small Lambo Galardo or even the classic Ford GT. Genally if I am challenged by a car like you mention I do not even bother. This may be what you are seeing

Actually the did a run with my Ford Gt against a Z06. The FGT wins easily.

The Zo6 I suspect would beat a 460 Modena and it would be slose on the F430 Ferrari. maybe that is what you meant and I would have to agree. You could beat a base Porsche I suspect.

The european cars normally have more modern technolgy, i.e. no push rods, varible valve timing & lift, over head cams, multi valves. But this is changing American car companies are now beginning to offer these technologies.

My 2013 Shelby Mustang at 665 hp, has no push rods, overhead multi cams and it enjoys multi valves. my car still has the live axle nut I understand it will go to an indepedant rear end next year.

I must say that american cars have always been powerful and they were reliable when European cars in the day were not. The European cars could handle while American cars generally could not. This is all changing The new batch of cars on both sides of the atlantic are closing the gap. My 2009 ZR1 vette not only was faster than my 2010 458 Ferrari it handled better. I let my ferrari dealer drive the ZR1 and he was impressed and more importanlty surprised on the capability of the car

Good post :)

Best,

Lee

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Tiresome so....

21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ferraristi,

+1

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

22. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Hey hay hey hay, common sense prevails!!!

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    The Murci was running without a top.....so the aerodynamics sucked.....makes a HUGE difference.

24. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #24 leead1, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    It was tiresome. :)

One of ferrari selling points is the explosive excel from a dead start. They do this with llow torque compared to american cars.

Best

Lee

25. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Either way it is all good times.