Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 3884 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Simontjz

Simontjz Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2008
    Stinkypore
    Full Name:
    Simon T
    Yeapppp. Do it for the family. Nowadays white ranger very active too

2. vinesh22

vinesh22 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2010
    30000ft above you
    Full Name:
    Vin
    Says Peter Pan.. :p
    Very Miami Vice bro, enjoy her in good health, she's stunning...

3. vinesh22

vinesh22 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2010
    30000ft above you
    Full Name:
    Vin
    My sincerest condolences to the family Leroy..

4. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    The only thing I will say about the lotus crash is to please keep it on the track. Excessive speed was definitely involved here regardless of whether there was mechanical failure or oil on the road etc.

Sometimes we may have the best car on the road and have good driving skills but as senna proved.. That may not be enough. Especially on the public roads where there is so much less run off and there are other public road users that just don't deserve to be exposed to this sort of risk even if we are willing to push the limits.

God bless the driver and his family as well as the speedy recovery of the other road users that may have been inadvertently involved.

5. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh yes Harold, I've completely forgotten about the rest of the innocent victims. This proves that life's so unpredictable & fragile. Hope they recover fast. Everytime I embark on a long journey, I would make a quiet prayer that everyone on the same road goes home to meet their loved ones for the day.

That said, I've witnessed several cases where usually small cars spun when they drove over a patch of dead water on highways in the rain which makes me wonder if a bigger, heavier car or size of tyres matter. They simply spun without braking or anything abrupt prior & took everybody by surprise. Most were not even doing fast.

6. Simontjz

Simontjz Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2008
    Stinkypore
    Full Name:
    Simon T
    That happened to me on a PIE slip road towards tuas, after the turn into BKE... it was raining and the cab driver took the bend @ 100km/h. Thankfully the taxi unker drifted skillfully and me and my partner didnt end up in between mangled steel.

7. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Yes very possible mate that a car going over a deep puddle of water aquaplaning or some black ice (oil) will break out uncontrollably. But the doubt remains that even if it did that.... I wonder if it would end up on the other side of the ECP and impact the other cars with such force and damage as was the case here if it was going at the speed limit.

That's why we need to all really control our speeds on public roads where there is truly no run off... So that even if we are faced with something like hitting some black ice we will in a worst case still have a higher chance of surviving than if we are going at excessive speed. That little bit of adrenaline is just not worth it.

Anyway enough of the speculating and most important now is the recovery of the others involved and to pray the wife and family of the victim have the strength to get through this.

8. Blaquewolf

Blaquewolf Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2010
    As mentioned earlier by me, he should have been a lot more careful with his speed and control. Speculation is inevitable by the mass public as to what happened,and whatever reason it may be that caused it, but we all here know that we must control our speeds and that will make it safer for all.

I checked on the family. Kids are still unaware. Mum is coping.

Harold - whats the best time to get tix to go to Perth?

9. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac F1 Veteran

Mar 23, 2006
    Doha/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Derek K
    Sad to hear about the accident over the w,e. Thoughts & prays are with the family.

maybe I'm mad but looks like rosso corsa to me

I'm going to do one here in AD

Lung reads everything!

Lookgs gorgeous Chris. Congrats!

10. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    BEFORE he goes there ...

cos it's a wasteland once he's been ...

and the hookers go into hiding ...

11. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    isn't there a weight restriction ???

:D

12. psp1000

psp1000 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2010
    #97087 psp1000, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. DavidDw

DavidDw Karting

Dec 11, 2008
    Hi chaps,

I changed to the rosso mugello 430 scuderia.. its interior has the leather option package... anyone know the car well ?

Anyway, the car comes with 2009 tires :( I should get that changed right ?

If so, PSS or Pzero ?

Cheers!

14. vinesh22

vinesh22 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2010
    30000ft above you
    Full Name:
    Vin
    #97089 vinesh22, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    IMHO, most def yes ...

once over 3 years old, the rubber hardens ... which means lesser grip ...

both tyres are good ... but i personally like the pzeros ... thos pss's are prob better all round tyres - wet & dry ...

16. cka

cka Formula 3

Oct 12, 2009
    botanic gardens
    Full Name:
    king
    Congrats David!!

17. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    #97092 3604u, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Congrats , the scud is pretty amazing :)

Enjoy in good health

18. psp1000

psp1000 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2010
    So finally you change to scuderia :) Congrat on yours new toy Bro

19. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    You Man-up! :D Well done, congrats. See, you hang out with the right people ;)

Tyres. Subjective, I would be more concern with thread wear. I've used many old tyres on my cars driven @ high speed & long distances without issue except once long ago but that's me cos I like to take risks & cos the cars don't last very long with me as well.

09MYR could be mounted later but if they are originals then cheap insurance to swap but please do yourself a favour by taking it up north for a blast & learn more about yourself+car. Best to do it in Sepang & Ian can help you find slots.

Oh yes. Photos please!

20. SW73

SW73 Karting

Nov 27, 2010
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Have about 5 available slots for 27 July @ 4 - 7 pm if any of you guys are keen .

Max cap at 16 cars for the whole 4 - 7 pm sessions .

Relax , non aggressive track day ...

PM me if you are keen .

21. DavidDw

DavidDw Karting

Dec 11, 2008
    #97096 DavidDw, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Thank you guys lol.... yes will get a photo up soon ! can't wait to drive it!

The car went for a Ital point check and there was a highlight of engine mounts needs to be replaced... However, when I test-drove it.. does'nt feel like there was bad vibration from the cabin.... Should I just get that replaced as well as soon as I collected the scud?

22. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    What? 3-4yrs old & engine mounts problem. Shame really. FYI, I was told the same that the mounts cracked but had another guy checked & reported it's ok, won't break the car while to change it, the whole trans has to come out & good time to change the clutch which mine still had 65% on it. This is the 360CS & it's 8yrs old.

Well, maybe you want 2nd opinions. I would say drive the car first then spend the money later including the tyres unless you're hitting high speed.

23. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hey mate. Do you guys use the F1 track? Heard good things about the schools there in another forum but please share what you'll be doing. Thanks.

24. psp1000

psp1000 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2010
    Maybe you like to consider 2nd opinions like what Jon suggest.

25. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Think I saw the car last weekend along Rochor Road. Very nice. Young Indian gentleman driving it.