Anyone go to Cruzin Grand in Escondido? | FerrariChat

Anyone go to Cruzin Grand in Escondido?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ebobh15, Jun 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    A friend in the Pantera Club invited me to come to their sponsored night at Cruzin Grand next month in Escondido. The event seems aimed at traditional cruisers, hot rods and older American cars. He said I could park with their club. Seems like it would be fun, but not sure if my 2012 California would stick out (in a bad way, not the usual way Ferrari's do...). Anyone go to this? I searched, and found a 2007 thread with a few posts, but nothing since.

Cruisin' Grand Cruisin' Grand Escondido Home

Thanks, Bob H

2. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    Went once with my F355 and felt like the car was shunned by the hot-rod crowd (which was predominant).

3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Went 4 years ago in my C/4, which got no attention from the other car owners but quite a bit from spectators. If you take your car on the date specified, let me know and I may try it again. I live about 15 minutes from the event.
    Mike

4. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    Its always a great show. I usually go 4 or 5 times a summer. It seems there are always new cars to see.

Darrell.

5. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Definitely not a show for Ferrari's. It's focused on hot rods and mostly American cars from the 40s through 70s.

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

A very well attended car drive in. Very high quality Street rods. Not a good Ferrari event but a great car guy event!!

7. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Thanks for the input & insight. Their website is consistent with these descriptions. I'm probably going to get roped in by my wife to go for social reasons (I promised her I'd make an effort to do some car things with friends...), so there will be at least one shiny red foreign car there. Regards, Bob H