Just not right.... | FerrariChat

Just not right....

Discussion in '348/355' started by XLR8R, Jun 2, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XLR8R

XLR8R Karting

Feb 14, 2013
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Wrong on so many levels...especially the cheering from the crowd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-UiwIKfY74]FERRARI 355 GTS BURNING WHEEL, MOTOFESTA PONTECESO - YouTube[/ame]

2. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I can't believe he kept going after the tires were flat. Likely going to be some damage underneath as well. Sad to watch

3. Pengster355

Pengster355 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2006
    Singapore
    Absolute Moron

4. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Yep, really "cool". :(

5. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    I've seen this before and I still don't get what the point of it is.
    Why would someone do this to their car unless he stole it.

6. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Am I the only one who noticed this seemed to be part of an organized show with sponsors in a town somewhere?

I read your comments before watching the video and was expecting to see some idiot showing off to friends and damaging his vehicle but it wasn't. It seemed to be a pro driver putting on a demonstration in front of an audience.

Does this mean that all the guys who race in a 355 Challenge series are morons too? They are, after all, exposing their cars and themselves to possible injury and damage in the name of the sport.

Just like smash-up derbys, F1 races, bullfighting, rodeos, etc..people love danger and carnage, it's all entertainment.

If the organizers had the budget to take a 355 and do this to it it's their prerogative, not sure they deserve to be called morons???

Gotta respectfully disagree with you guys on this one...

7. ulf rickard

ulf rickard Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ulf Rickard
    the car is soon for sale on ebay .... just wait... mint with new tires ....

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's just a car folks, just a car. Nuts, bolts, metal, leather etc. if they want to destroy it that's up to them.

9. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    I really do not see many people cheering. Most of them are waving their hands to try and get smoke out of their faces. The driver may be a pro, but the real moron is the guy in the passenger seat waving his arms and hanging out the window without a helmet. To me it looks like more of a waste of a set of tires than entertainment for the crowd. Just my 0.02

10. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Got to agree with you Todd. "I can go round in circles blowing out smoke!" Whippy do for you, pal. Got no issue with someone choosing a Ferrari to do it, pretty much a waste of time in any car. If he was drifting round a tight circuit showing good car control to precisely position his car I'd be impressed. Round and round in random circles, no not really.

11. roadracer311

roadracer311 Formula 3

May 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That was hard to watch. I know it's their car and they can do what they want to do with it. Hate to see a set of original wheels get torn up like that though.

12. XLR8R

XLR8R Karting

Feb 14, 2013
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Matt
    +1
    I won't comment on the driver's intellectual ability; like others said it probably is a sponsored demo. But if you love these cars, it's hard to watch no matter the circumstances.

13. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Just seems disrespectful to me.

It's not like it's a current production car that the manufacturer can just churn out a few more of. Accidents make these things rarer all the time, so there's no need to contribute to the destruction rate by acting like a hooligan.

All the best,
    Andrew.

14. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Something hurtful to see ....

15. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    The burnout is one thing... driving on the rims is just stupid!

16. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Disturbing... perhaps captain azzhoIe didn't realize both tires were gone? As strange as it may sound, I would have felt better if he had crashed into something, or "horseshoe'd" the car around that utility pole. If you're gonna make an ass of yourself and intentionally abuse something most people can only dream of having... IN FRONT of those same people... at least go all-in!

17. RSO1091

RSO1091 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2012
    Idyllwild, CA.
    Full Name:
    Henry S.
    I have to disagreed Howie. In it's simplest form perhaps it is, "just nuts, bolts, metal etc.." But for those of us who love the beauty and performance of the Ferrari brand, it's far more. I would venture to guess that if everyone treated their cars like that, there would be no need for this forum. With the way I love my F355 and the way she gets treated in my garage and on the windy roads here in SoCal, this video made me cringe.

18. st4rk

st4rk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 7, 2011
    I see no problem, people were entertained.

Far too many uptight people on this forum acting like any Ferrari is a holy grail and shall not be abused.

19. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Any exotic, not just Ferrari, should be held as special and above being abused, particularly ones that are out of current production.

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. st4rk

st4rk Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 7, 2011
    Enzo specifically sold cars to fund his racing. As soon as the car rolled out of the factory and was sold, I highly doubt he cared of people doing burnouts to the rims in them.

21. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I agree. In fact, he probably would have supported it as the greater number of older Ferraris destroyed might have translated into a slightly greater demand for new Ferraris. He would not have made money from second-hand sales.

However, it is not for Enzo to determine the perceived second-hand value of his vehicles amongst automotive enthusiasts. My personal view is that it is a shame to take what is now a classic car and abuse it in such a way.

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. Nosevi

Nosevi Formula 3

Jul 8, 2011
    Lincoln
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Have you never seen Enzo interviewed? Yes he sold cars to fund Scuderia Ferrari but I respectfully disagree with your assessment of how Enzo saw the road going cars.

“The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” - Enzo Ferrari

I don't think it's disrespectful to the car or even to the company or anything to trash an exotic. But trashing a car says a lot about how you regard those people for who owning one will always just be a dream.

(slightly patronising comment over, but I stand behind the sentiment)

23. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    This subject of a worthless burnout reminds me of an abused exotics video scene of a guy in a yellow corvette thinking he was doing a burnout from standstill, only to find out that his wheels weren't moving. He takes his time gunning the engine and the camera man and other onlookers don't tell him that his wheels are still. My thought was that these people enjoyed seeing him tear up his car.

24. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That particular video is even worse than that. I recall someone saying it was the mechanics of the tyre fitting place that the car had been left with that were doing the burnout attempt and filming. The owner of the car was not present. They then had to explain to the owner that instead of fitting new tyres, they had been damaging the car.

All the best,
    Andrew.

25. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    We say it all the time.... It's his car. His money. Do with it what you like.

I am more disgusted by the proximity of this prank to the spectators.

If he wants to kill his car, engine, tranny, tires and rims...go ahead.

He is damn lucky he did kill somebody.