Headed to Ft Myers | FerrariChat

Headed to Ft Myers

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Nativetroy, May 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Heading down to Ft Myers/ Sanibel for an extended weekend next week. Plan on spending some beach time, taking a kayak for fishing.
    Any awesome places to eat that aren't super expensive? Other things to do? Going down with my girlfriend and her family, so stuff kids like is good too.

2. jett40

jett40 Rookie

Nov 3, 2009
    mi
    Full Name:
    john
  3. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    I live on Sanibel. Doc Ford's is casual and fun. Try the Yucatan shrimp and whatever fish they have on special. I like Cip's, which has a kids menu as well as an adult menu. You can also try Gramma Dot's on the east end by the marina. George and Wendy's is also good. I also like to get a beer at the Mucky Duck on Captiva and the food at the Green Flash is good up there too. None of the restaurants are bargains or particularly spectacular.
    Where are you staying?
    I would plan on trying a little surf casting for snook along the beach. At high tide, you can cast from shore right into the gulley along the beach. Cast away from you, downwind. Try a gold spoon or a little rubber shrimp. Go to Bowman's beach to park and then walk a bit down the beach where it is quiet. The Bait Box can hook you up with the right lure.
    You can park at Tarpon Bay explorers and put your kayak in there and fish the mangroves for reds.
    Scott

4. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Staying at a house on the tip of Ft Myers across from Sanibel. On the water on the inside. I'll look into those places. Like to try the local spots. And hoping for a snook, been the one fish to evade me in Fl that I really want to catch. Not as many this far north.
    Thanks for the tips.