Barn find.... today | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Barn find.... today

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by davehelms, May 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #601 SonomaRik, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Like all good Ferrari mechanics, time is a 'relative' sort of thing peculiar to its own base 16 math system: When they say 10, that is actually Hexadecimal [for you lay persons] better known as [fudge ~=@] 16 DEC.

IF you mess with them the number goes automatically to 12,239,103 DEC.....you'll have to figure what their language said and do it.

2. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Do I know how to kill a thread or what!

3. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Ha ha, I was wondering the same about my post. Oh well between the two of us I am sure we got a lot of peoples hopes up that Dave came back for a visit. He and the family are probably elbow deep in Winter Engine projects. Hopefully some of them are 355's I miss hearing about all the special updates he has for them.

4. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Dave,

I hope you aren't too busy to post some new updates. I'm hooked on this thread and need a fix. Do you get back to Elkhart Lake at all during the season? Would love to meet you.

Perry

5. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Whats the latest? Last post was from 12-15-2012

6. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Dave is usually elbow deep in major service's, engine rebuilds and race car preparations over the Winter so he doesn't post much until maybe April. Let's hope history repeats and he does get back on here soon.

7. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Kind of a Ferrari-Colorado version of Punxsutawney Phil

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    He told me he was planning on being there for the FCA National Meet. We are supposed to tip a few at Siebkens with Dr Who.

We should be easy to find. The three rowdy drunks trash talking FNA, Ferraris and Ferrari in general.

9. RVL Saratoga

RVL Saratoga Formula 3

Aug 27, 2010
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I would happily sponsor a round for that crew.

Might want to alert the bouncers, too. "See that bunch slumped around the table full of empty Heinekens? That's the American Ferrari's last, best hope against the evils of gasohol. Guard them with your life."

10. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    I will have to take up napping at lunch time as a pre event training excersice! That would be an enjoyable reunion to say the least! I suspect the statute of limitations has run out on the last umbrella (Jonny Walker Black to be specific) I added to the race car trailers collection from there.... it should be safe for me to return by now.

So very much to update on old Joe, he is proving a success story to an extreme, now loving life as a City Boy. A well known and respected FC'er moved into the area and as fate would have it, became friends with J's family, now living just a mountain away from Joe's place. The "Project Manager's" Brilliant new techniques and how those relate to progress on the 330 project.....

11. randyleepublic

randyleepublic Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    Hi Dave,

Great to hear that Joe is doing so well! What can't you fix???

Eagerly looking forward to the next installment from you and the P.M.

Best,

Randy

12. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Hmmmm . . . could that be Futureman?

Ohh! I can hardly wait to hear this. :D

13. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Dave,

Will you be in Monterey in August for the Historics and Pebble? If so, I am coming out and would like to meet you if possible. Seeing as how you have history in my part of the world, Wisconsin and Road America. Would love to see some of the cars you work on and sheperd.

Perry

14. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Would love to hear an update on this car, but right now I'm reading about some bad fires in Colorado. Hope you are all alright!

15. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    the one missing from that table will be Gerald Roush, RIP. I think one of the great undercurrents I am starting to pick up on about this summer's bash at Elkhart will be the number of true Ferrari dinosaurs that will be in attendance. So, kids, if you're there, listen up and you'll hear some really great stories, most of which may be true. . . .

16. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I was a subscriber back in college and had the great fortune to get Mr. Roush on the phone a couple of times and talk cars. He is missed.

17. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    #617 davehelms, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    One in the same, Dirty Dick from TX or AL or... where ever he says he's from, I will have to ask his wife.

We are fine this year, so far. A horrible situation down by Colorado Springs, and less than a year after the last fire they had to deal with. Over 500 homes lost and counting...

Gerald was and will forever remain a fixture in this market!

""most of which may be true. . ."" That's a stretch but you got off by using "may"

It looks like later this week I will be taking Joe back up the mountain to gather up some more belongings he wants, and to restart the search for the missing tools from the 330. Springtime in the Rockies means a whole new batch of snakes to meet and greet.

I have tried at length to talk Joe out of his "racing 10 speed" he wants to run to the grocery store with. "Joe, did the Lexus fail you, why a need for the bike? " "Got to stay in shape for the Ladies!" Boulder is a unique enough place on its own.... and then we moved Joe down and turned him loose on the town! Last word I got was J moved his name down on the contact list at the retirement apartment..... and moved Mine Up... what a team player!

18. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Glad you are making it back here once and a while Dave :)

19. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Nay news on The 330 or Joe? Enjoyed this tread. Dave, did you get to Monterey? Would like to meet you at Road America if you get there.

Perry

20. breyes

breyes Rookie

May 21, 2007
    TrCoast;Tpa Bay, FL
    Dave, Been a while since saw this post and remember how much a good thread is like a good life. Long and with the same character as when come of age.

We had heard of the fires of last year and your stories of THE MOUNTAIN. If ever there was such a mountain, we would know you all would have saved it. And a new year. You ARE like the man who gets up puts on his pants and climbs the mountain again and again. You inspire.

Last year I saw a Red one at the dealership in Orlando. If I am not mistaken they had shined her not up, the interior was original, it was sitting and going to Monterey or Pebble. Joe's was on my mind, of course seen couple on tv, and in person the old girl can be quite stunning among other red heads. Any way they wouldn't trade so..

Best Regards,

21. XRS

XRS Rookie

May 4, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Hill
    Having enjoyed this story so much I do hope that all involved have not been too badly affected by the dreadful storms that hit Boulder recently.

My thoughts are with you all.

22. rauldejalapeno

rauldejalapeno Karting
    BANNED

Apr 21, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy Bush
    Dave, what a mess out there! I hope you, the family and Joe have all been spared the destruction. I lved in SW Colorado for 16 years and know what a serious rain in the mountains can do to a stream, but I've never seen anything of the magnitude of what you have experienced! Our thoughts are with all of you.

23. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Any update here? How are Dave and Joe? Any progress on the car?

Perry

24. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
    Dave,

Just curious how you and Joe are. Hope you are visiting here. Has the 330 been restored? This has been a most interesting thread. Hope to hear more.

Perry

25. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland