NHL 2012-2013 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

NHL 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by alum04org, Jul 3, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh the heartache! We had it, then watched it it slip away. Aside from advancing in the playoffs (obviously), the main reason I wanted to beat Boston, was to mess with Bill Burr, LOL.
    But it was a fun season, and I made it out to a few games in Toronto.
    Congrats Jay, good game.
    I hear ya. Unfortunately, AceMaster will talk about it for the both of us.

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #102 AceMaster, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    What a disgrace the Leafs were in the third period yesterday.

Only the Leafs would blow a 3-goal third period lead, and even worse a 2-goal lead with 1:22 to go.

Give Boston credit, they did not quit, but the Leafs should be ashamed of themselves and heads should roll (head coach and Dion Phaneuf)

By the way, nobody loves the Leafs more than I do

3. RVL Saratoga

RVL Saratoga Formula 3

Aug 27, 2010
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Going to be a fun series between the Bruins and Rangers: I can't believe they haven't faced each other in the playoffs since 1973. The Don Cherry era, lol

4. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #104 JayO, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'll be honest - I'm usually an optimist and always hold out hope that my team can score the 3 or 4 goals they need in the last two minutes, but I gave up last night. (and I have the text messages to prove it!) The Bruins had looked terrible the last couple games and I was ready to accept the fact we were going to blow another huge series lead. But, I kept the TV on just to punish myself a little more. When they scored the 2nd goal I didn't even get excited. I expected them to make it a little closer, pull me back in and then crush me by falling short. (like I KNEW they would) After the 3rd goal, I was back on the edge of my seat and paying full attention. And I'm sure you can imagine how it went after that.

I give the Leafs a ton of credit. They played a great series and look like they will be a legit playoff team over the next few years.

Now, with that said, I just have to post these pics. I got pissed every time they showed the crowds in Toronto during the game. What I wanted to see was the crowd after Boston's 4th and 5th goals. And here it is.... :)

And the Kessel one.... that's just because I think he's a ******bag.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Oh, and to all you Toronto guys.... After watching the Bruins lose game 7's against Carolina (2009), Philadelphia (2010) and Washington (2012), I promised myself I was done with round 1 or 2 game 7's and would not go to the next one. So, I sold my tickets to last nights game and watched from home. And missed the most epic comeback I will most likely ever see. Serves me right.

6. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    RVL Saratoga you got the Rangers-Capitals right.
    I got 5 out of eight right in the 1st round.

Whatcha got for round two prognostications?

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with those Toronto fans, in fact they were nothing but classy.

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wings over Hawks in 7

Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 6

Kings over Sharks in 6

Rangers over Bruins in 7

9. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I agree. I didn't mean to imply they were doing anything wrong or did anything specific to anger me. I should have just said it was tough to keep seeing that crowd cheering when my team was getting its a$$ handed to it.

All the Toronto fans I encountered at the games over the last couple weeks have been great. Polite and friendly die-hard hockey fans. Not obnoxious at all, like Canadiens fans! ;)

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol the Canadians' fans comment :)

11. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    will the Red Wings win 1 game this series?

They are peaking at a good time... but I don't know if that is good enough to slow down Chicago.

cant wait to watch the game tonight!

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow, the referees in this Wings-Hawks game are terrible.

I've seen at least 2 obvious Chicago penalties that were not called, yet the referees have eyes for the Detroit penalties.

I've said before; no team gets screwed more than Detroit with respect to penalties in the playoffs.

13. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    HUGE Red Wings victory tonight, in spite of the officiating. They've got the Black Hawks so frustrated! Toews, especially.
    Hawks Coach Joel Quenneville had steam coming out of his ears. Love it. Wish I could have watched his post-game presser.
    Doubleheader tomorrow night - exciting time of the year.

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, the Wings did it. They sure don't look like an 8th place team right now, do they?

15. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    How about those Bruins!?!?! :)

16. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI

Jay they have Tortarella in fits!

You saying........... sweep?

17. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay

You can say that if you want, but I'm not saying it! I've seen this team lose a series after being up 3-0. I'm not saying anything that could possibly jinx them. I am, however, feeling a little optimistic. :)

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They look good. Even the Leafs played them tougher than NY is

19. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Z Chara gets burned a couple times. So oh well, this is good as we will be treated to more games on more evenings, before the end of Round Two.

Did I mention the end of Round Two? Black Hawks down 3-1. Darn it. Just terrible.

LA and SJ on telly now. Best time of year.

20. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I give the Rangers credit for not rolling over last night. They fought back every time the Bruins scored. But, if Rask didn't trip himself up and let in the first goal, the Bruins win 3-2 and earn a few days rest. Oh, well. Game 5 should be fun tomorrow night.

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Brad Richards is taking a lot of heat. He may get benched again...mm be gets $12 million, what a waste and a joke

22. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    watching Black Hawks versus Red Wings on CBC's Hockey Night in Canada. Hawks lead 3-1. I can deal with the score. However:

Can Bob Cole (CBC play by play) and Gary Galley (CBC color commentator) be any more in the bag for Chicago? What fr**kin "homers" - simply embarassing for CBC's HNIC. Call the game, Cole, and leave your personal favorite behind.

Meanwhile, buh-bye Torts (a character study all by his precious self) and the NYR.

B's and Cindy Crosby for the E championship now.

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did you see Tortorella's response to a reporter who asked why one of his players doesn't get PP time? His exact words were "Because he stinks"

24. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Yes Mike, saw that interview, and he was referencing his winger Carl Hagelin (watched him play here at Univ of MI in Ann Arbor).

It can't be easy playing for Torts.

Kings Sharks game six tonight!

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Torts is a pompous ass...who would want to play for him with cheap shot remarks?

Tonight's game will be a good one.