Road & Track "P.S." Boxer Photo | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Road & Track "P.S." Boxer Photo

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gsm348, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    Agree with Cobraownr Tony, I will purchase one but rarely look at the classifieds.

2. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I will post in this section for sure.

3. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Agree with this - if the 'legality' of using Mr. Egan's quote is still problematic, folks can have that rendered themselves on the matting at any good-quality framing shop in whatever font/script they desire - it doesn't "have" to be on the image itself.

However, as an amatuer photog myself, I would want one signed by the 'artist'. Count me in.

4. cgperry

cgperry Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    This is exceptionally cool! That was always my favorite PS and I had a copy of it hanging in my office for years. I'd love a good quality print of it for my future garage.

Thanks for sharing, Tony! You can see that many of us consider your work part of our automotive education and history!

5. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    #155 tonyrobertson, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    First off, let me say think you for all the gracious comments and interest in the photo.
    I am honestly overwhelmed by the number of emails I have received from all over the world.
    Who know my fateful day on a snowy Canadian road 30 years ago would lead to this?
    Anyway, the photo was first published in R&T in May 1983, so this is officially a 30 year anniversary!

It took a little longer than anticipated to get everything together, but prints are now ready to ship.
    The finished print is 44 cm X 28 cm, with a white border of about 2 cm to allow for matting.
    The prints themselves are of a very high quality.
    Here's the tech info:
    Silver gelatin prints on Harman Galerie Fibre Digital Archival paper.
    Printed on a Durst Lambda Digital Enlarger.
    Each print signed and numbered, and includes the caption.
    Series is limited to 150 prints.

Cost: A little higher than I was expecting, but not too much.

In Continental USA, $250. per print, includes shipping. Additional prints, $225.
    In Canada, $235. + applicable taxes in your province. Additional prints, $220.
    Overseas, $235. + shipping.
    I've priced it this way to make it fairly equal for everyone...except for overseas, where unfortunately shipping is quite a bit more expensive. Overseas people, contact me directly and I'm sure we can work something out.
    I accept Paypal or cheque, and as soon as payment is received in my account, the print will be shipped. Expect 5-7 days for delivery. My email is: tonyhavana 'at' mac.com

Thank you again for your interest and support. I look forward to gaining entry into the 150 homes, garages and offices of the truest fans of this "iconic" photograph!

6. m5arch

m5arch Rookie

Mar 7, 2010
    Hamilton Ontario
    I have received my print(s) and now have one hanging in my office. The quality of the print is excellent, is on heavy photographic paper and is signed and numbered by the artist in original sepia ink. The photo, printed at this size, projects all of the drama and magnetism of the moment and is a real focal point in the room.

Thank you Tony so much for all of your work in putting this together - this car has special memories for me and I am completely thrilled to now have a quality print of this event. I am looking forward to giving some of these prints as gifts to friends and F-car collegues and to seeing their reaction to it.

7. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Tony I can't wait to get it.

Thanks!

8. jim fuchs

jim fuchs Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    Tony, I would like to order two of your prints. Please let me know where to find the information to place an order. Thank you. Jim Fuchs

9. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Any photo of how the final print and caption layout turned out? Great stuff!

10. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I know a mechanic that worked on that car and other cars for that family. I would be interested in a copy too please.

11. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
  12. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for posting this Rob.
    Good to see it arrived safely!

To the others who have inquired recently, a few posts back, I have laid out all the payment options.
    Best to contact me by email.

tonyhavana 'at' mac.com

13. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Waiting for mine as patiently as I can................

WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT?
    IS IT HERE YET? IS IT HERE YET?

<checks mail again>

IS IT HERE YET? IS IT HERE YET?

Oh, yeah.......It's Sunday. :p

14. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    My print arrived today (Monday) after one week in the postal systems (Canada + US). Very nice job, Tony! Thank you!

The plastic circular cap was missing from one end of the cardboard mailing tube, and that end was crushed, but thankfully the crunch did not extend far enough into the tube to damage the print. I was VERY anxious with crossed fingers removing the print from the tube, though. You might consider adding some tape at both ends of the cardboard tube to better secure the end caps.

15. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback. Relieved to hear it wasn't damaged. Only the first few went out without taping the ends.
    The endcaps seemed very tight to me, but I guess the postal service doesn't treat the mail with kid gloves. Were the two bonus pages still inside? If they were not, email me again and I'll mail them to you.

Thanks
    T

16. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    Just a reminder to all who wanted a print of this photo.
    Contact me at tonyhavana "at" mac.com.
    thanks
    Tony

17. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    #167 johnb@macarbon, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    to getting mine framed. I had it sitting in the office for a month. So last night I had some time and took it to the art store. I went with a light grey mat and grey frame. I thought of going with a red mat for a few moments but I thought it was too bright. I didn't like any of the white mats we tried either.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. brettgagnon

brettgagnon Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Brett Gagnon
    downtown yyz here

19. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    John, I think you made the right choice there. I still need to send you the other pages you requested. I'll do it today.
    Brett, if you're interested in a print, I will hand deliver in downtown Toronto.

20. wrxmike

wrxmike Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #170 wrxmike, Jun 26, 2013
    Received my photo at the beginning of June, received it back from the framer today. :)

Thanks to all those that got the ball rolling with this project, Tony Robertson for making it happen and Fchat member Tassie for arranging the purchase.

M

21. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    Glad it arrived safely. Nice framing job, now if we could see your car in the foreground, that would be really great!

22. gsm348

gsm348 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #172 gsm348, Sep 6, 2013
  23. tonyrobertson

tonyrobertson Karting

Mar 2, 2013
    If anyone is still interested in a copy of this photograph, please contact me at
    tonyhavana 'at' mac.com.
    Have some ready to go.
    Thanks

24. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Very nice framing.

25. Manski

Manski Rookie

Nov 23, 2013
    Ancaster, ON
    Full Name:
    Adam Burke
    I just came across this post yesterday. What a find.
    I was a personal friend of Henry. Henry told me the story of this accident and in fact gave me a copy of thatmagazine probably 10 years later as he had stacks of them trying to buy all the stock in St. Catharines. He had just taken delivery of the car 3 days earlier and needless to say wound it up a bit too much.
    Nonetheless what you see in the picture was Henry's style - taking everything in stride. My good friend lost his 3rd battle with cancer but he was legendary in so many ways - so great to see this legend live on.
    I used to drive his Testarossa (I have his Testa1 license plate and some pics framed at home) to high school, then his fleet of classic cars and today I own his 1957 Corvette. When I last saw Henry I told him he left me with a curse for cars, which has now been passed down to my 17 year old son. My son and I are now waiting for our factory five Mk4 to be completed in the body shop. The license plate in honour of Henry is HBBCURSE.
    I miss my friend but so many memories live on. Very nice.
    Tony, if still available I would take 3 copies.