Oklahoma Spotters Thread | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Oklahoma Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by dysko, Aug 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sea-Dated

Sea-Dated Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Saw the same Rapide again yesterday on Memorial at 121st.

Black 430 Spyder 3 pedal car at 91st and Sheridan today.

2. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    #577 JPSIII, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Due to the beautiful weather on Friday and Saturday, I'm not surprised at the cars I saw upon returning to Tulsa this weekend, and also in Stillwater during the week:

On Wednesday in Stillwater I saw the orange Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder and on Friday in I spotted a blacked out Dodge Viper convertible with some cool looking neon green brake calipers.

On Friday in Tulsa I saw a red Ferrari F430 Spider in Utica Square and a white Audi R8 on Yale.

On Saturday in Tulsa I saw several Ford GTs, a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo at 91st and Yale, a black Ferrari F430 Spider at 61st and Sheridan, a black Ferrari 348 TS on Brookside, a gray Audi R8 V10 at Louie's, a black Bentley Continental GT on Riverside near Jenks, a red Acura NSX at the Riverwalk, and by far my best spot a gray McLaren MP4-12C at 91st and Yale, which was incredible. A couple of pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Sea-Dated

Sea-Dated Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Saw a red Gallardo with a giant wing on the back and an orange for GT yesterday at 101st and Riverside.

Then a red 430 coupe on 169 getting on at 81st.

Good day for nice cars to be out.

4. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA

The red gallardo is a LP-560 Super Trofeo...

I saw a Yellow Ford GT in the Brookside area yesterday.

Terrific weather!

5. Sea-Dated

Sea-Dated Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks Matt. I couldn't tell if it was a Super Trofeo or an aftermarket wing since it was going the other way. I didn't know there was a ST in Tulsa. Nice addition to our little town. :)

6. paulfromtulsa

paulfromtulsa Rookie

Dec 25, 2009
    the red car is a lp-570 super trofeo stradale. matt, you ferrari guys dont know your cars lol :p

7. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Whats the exotic scene like in OKC these days? Are they few and far between, or has the introduction of the Thunder and the high techs brought them out?

8. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
  9. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Unfortunately I probably will not make it. Even if I left right now. In the PNW. Good to see the OKC motor culture is still going strong though.

10. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    It appears and sounds like OKC has a pretty good turnout. I don't think it is to the level that Tulsa is, which seems odd to me as I imagine there is more money flowing into OKC than Tulsa...

11. Ettie

Ettie Karting

Aug 16, 2011
    I think I read ~500 cars last month? I didn't attend, but if those numbers are realistic the OKC meet is exploding in popularity.

12. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    I've been attending the meet in OKC for about year and a half now and the lowest number I have seen show up is about 100 cars while last month there were about 500 cars there. I think the average hovers around 200 or so.

On the other hand, I've attended Tulsa's meet twice and both times there were only about 40 or so cars there. Still fun, but the OKC meet is, in my experience, considerably larger

13. bobster_rulez

bobster_rulez Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    well today I say a 458 spyder, 458 coupe, 308, 355, and 3 pedal 575 and that's just the Ferrari's there were lots of other way cool cars including lambo's lots of cobra's okc has a pretty good showing of exotic's

14. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Matt, something does not add up but it might be because of surrounding areas around OKC and Tulsa.

Base population for Tulsa is around 392K and for OKC is 545K. If we use straight math we would not expect OKC to have that many cars. It has to be areas around these two cities that distort the picture.

15. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    Don't forget the 360 Modena and McLaren!

16. bobster_rulez

bobster_rulez Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    Never saw the 360, but did see the mclaren, let's not forget a slew of cobra's, and lots of other cool cars, not that bad for oklahoma city. I didn't think this was as big as some of the previous ones but given the new location and how cold it was it was still pretty good.
    I thought the parking lot was easier to get in and out of.

17. JPSIII

JPSIII Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Phillip Sartin
    For sure! I'm looking forward to the warmer summer months

18. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    #593 noblesteed, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Our OKC group is up to 20 Ferrari's and I know of more I haven't been able to get in touch with yet. It's a great group of guys and we've had a lot of fun over the past few months. I have compiled a list of 39 different Ferrari's spotted in OKC in the past year. That being said, a few are thunder players and I doubt they'd show at Cars and Coffee or Ferrari club events. Btw, OKC and it's surrounding suburbs have a population of 1.2 million now (including Norman, Edmond, Moore, Midwest City, Yukon, etc). Greater OKC central is around 550K so maybe that's what's up with what you guys were talking about?

19. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Funny thing is... of all the cars in the group, 458's are the most common. 4 458's in the group... we had 5 but Jimmy sold his black 458 two weeks ago and bought that McClaren you guys saw.

20. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    It was actually a low turn out this month for the Ferrari group. We had 11 Ferrari's at last months Cars and Coffee... and that's with 9 guys who couldn't make it.

21. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    #596 noblesteed, May 6, 2013
  22. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    #597 noblesteed, May 6, 2013
  23. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    It was actually a low turn out this month for the Ferrari group. We had 11 Ferrari's at last months Cars and Coffee... and that's with 9 guys who couldn't make it.

24. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Ton of growth and Energy money flowing through OKC. Could be the difference. I like Tulsa and OKC but the growth in OKC the past 7 or 8 years is insane. There are several collectors here that are very low key and a few cars you never see that are tucked away.

25. noblesteed

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Our OKC group is up to 20 Ferrari's and I know of more I haven't been able to get in touch with yet. It's a great group of guys and we've had a lot of fun over the past few months. I have compiled a list of 39 different Ferrari's spotted in OKC in the past year. That being said, a few are thunder players and I doubt they'd show at Cars and Coffee or Ferrari club events. Btw, OKC and it's surrounding suburbs have a population of 1.2 million now (including Norman, Edmond, Moore, Midwest City, Yukon, etc). Greater OKC central is around 550K.