The words and wisdom of Kimi | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The words and wisdom of Kimi

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Mar 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    At least he's honest about it...

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_S68LXGY_w]Funny Kimi Räikkönen 2012 part 1 (what a legend!) - YouTube[/ame]

part 2 and 3 in that link too...:)

I love it during the press conferences as soon as kimi gets asked a question you can see the others giggling already :D

3. petri

petri Rookie

Feb 19, 2006
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Petri Ilmarinen
    It is so entertaining to read interpretations of other people having a manipulating commentary of Kimi interviews... as knowing himself as himself.
    When he started his career in F1 and his 'character' reached world wide media, I was wondering what is wrong with the people: everyone wants to be cool and keep it cool, when one does it with real substance and can hold it at any place at any situation in such profession even the coolest one looses his habitus and controlled behaviour at least some times, then one who doesn't loose it ever and keep it cool, is considered suddenly such as hilarious?
    I know he is very smart person, and I know he has such cool real stamina towards other drivers in real life you can't even quess... He doesn't care to talk bull***t, he takes care of his responsibilities and he doesn't push others out of the track. And he really loves to win. A character of century in F1 advertorial mambo jambo.

4. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Coming back to F1 is turning out to be the making of Kimi. Who would have thought it?! If he can pull off a WDC this year it will make him a legend.

5. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    I am no expert but I think he has a personality like the lead character in the TV show "Bones". It's just the way he is.

6. detoner

detoner Rookie

Mar 28, 2013
    Malaga
    Full Name:
    Dawn Toner

I remember in 2009, the last year he drove for Ferrari, he cared when Eddie Jordon said in his after race interview that Raikkonen should be ashamed of his driving and conduct. He hadn't done well in the race at all and that Ferrari should be having serious words with him. The next week he came back and got a podium position...

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  8. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
  9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    When Kimi was driving for Mclaren he was bar none my favorite driver. When he got to Ferrari he lost some desire. That said my favorite race in the last decade was Kimi vs Hami in the rain at Spa.
    IMO Kimi left F1 as a spoiled brat.
    Life taught him that F1 was indeed a special place that he fit in.
    I expect he now appreciates his opportunity there better and expect great things once again from him.

10. Hakan458

Hakan458 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Hakan
    Definitely my favorite F1 driver in terms of personality. I'd like to see him win another championship.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 Great Post on all comments, 2008 SPA between him and Hamilton was epic, either should have their names on the trophy, instead of the guy in 3rd place.

12. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Kimi on the current tire situation;

Big ol' "+1" there......

In other words, "STFU and drive the damn car!"

Gotta love Kimi! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I read that too. No BS with this guy :).

14. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well said.

After Ferrari, Kimi liked to pretend he didn't care about F1 and had no desire to come back, but clearly that wasn't the case.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    uh, he didn't care about the BS media surrounding F1.

He's now got a team he likes and they seem to very much like him, they allow him to have more freedom than Ferrari gave him which seems to put him at ease. Not sure what the issue is.

Haters gon' hate.

16. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Kimi, just like Hakinen was, is just about my favorite driver right now in F1. No BS just race what you got and dont whineeeeeeee

17. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree. Out of the current driveRs that's the guy I'd wanna hang with.

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kimi and the Dudesons (NSFW?)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPz1Ev1dQQ]Kimi and the Dudesons - YouTube[/ame]

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    More wisdom (after crashing out in practise in Korea)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZLaLHVaCqk]F1 2013 Korea GP - Hilarious Kimi Raikkonen Interview After Crashing "Maybe I Lost My Talent" - YouTube[/ame]

:D

20. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson