The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS* | Page 113 | FerrariChat

The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Or maybe even the WCC

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    That's because he went backwards.

Like he just about always does. A good race for Midfield Massa is one where he holds station.

3. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    It's not easy trying to make up the time he lost due to the poor strategy of leaving him out on shot tyres, still I think he could have done better as well, but he is not a crap driver by any means

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    His pit strategy will always be determined only after Alonso's has been set. Nothing wrong with that even if it leaves him wrong footed at times.
    The team has no interest in handicapping him (he had the shortest stop of the race) unnecessarily.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :)

Discounting a difference of 40 seconds in F1 as unimportant left me speechless. A sport where advantages are counted in fraction of seconds. Oh well.

6. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    LOL! Good catch.

Much as I crap on Webber, Ferrari should have JUMPED at the chance to have him in the 2nd seat. I think history will show that Massa ought to have been dumped a couple years ago.

7. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Given recent events I'm not sure how well Mark would have fuctioned as an official #2.

8. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    His situation with the team is probably toxic at this point...but I can't help but think that his ship has sailed.

He would have been perfect two years ago. Ferrari are out at least 1 WDC and WCC thanks to Massa not taking points off of other drivers.

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Lets see whether Massa is back for good or will continue to arrive 40 seconds behind #1.

10. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This thread is 5 years old.

-.-

11. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    When you're whipping it, it matters not how long the horse has been dead.
    ;)

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    My thoughts exactly

13. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I beg to differ..... His "side" of the garage are almost certainly behind him more than ever. [Unless he's a complete *******, but I don't think so.]

They'll do their own thing, screw Mr No Balls. They'll "forget" to share data. They won't go out of their way to "help" the other side. Etc.

Poison!..... ;)

A different debate, but yeah, "+1" :(

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - I'm not gonna comment on the (lack of) significance in a 40 second gap.

14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol @ "Mr No Balls"

15. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Massa does his team job well. In Australia, he finished P4- better than Hamilton and Webber. In Malaysia, he finished P5- better than Raikkonen. In China, he placed P6. In Driver Standings, Massa is P5 with 30 points, which puts Ferrari in P2 for Constructor's Standings.

16. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    He still sucks though! :D

Pretty much any rookie that bats a little above their average for a race or two should be taking Phils seat according to the haters.

Then these same rooks struggle for a while.

Select the next (Jules B right now ;)).

Rinse. Repeat.

;)

Cheers,
    Ian

17. mnm

mnm Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Yeah, I mean, look at Perez... all the haters were screaming for him to take Massa's seat last year after he fluked a podum or two... and look at him go this year! With Perez on board Ferrari would already have been leading the WCC this year! No... wait.......

18. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I am convinced Massa is a good driver. Not stellar by any means. Just an average F1 driver, destined to be #2 on any decent Scuderia.
    Once in a while, he pulls a strong (albeit brief) performance executing a brilliant pass, or an excellent start, but what counts is consistency. In my mind Massa is a consistent "mid fielder". There is no denying this. His is a 5th to 7th place driver. If he does not perform extremely well in Bahrain, one of his favourite tracks (won there twice), then I am done with this guy.

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There are 2 Massa's

The Massa before his accident and the Massa after his accident.

So, when referring to "Massa", you have to reference which one you are talking about.

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Fading Phil strikes again.

21. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    I still like Massa, but I like kobi more.....then again he's my homie

Money is not everything.......
    Lack of money is everything

22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    FYI, the lap times when Alonso pitted were still okay on the old softs, and so it seemed okay for massa to stay out, unfortunately, that extra lap was the one where the tyres hit the cliff, and his sectors rocketed up. He still had his chances, but as I've said before, I think massa needs fresh air in front of him to get his best, put him into traffic and ask him to pass, and he starts to struggle. Alonso scythed through, and Lewis behind him too, like a knife through butter, massa looks a bit apprehensive, and in f1, apprehensive equals too slow

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    yeah, sometimes, but others he seems to do well , a little erratic but still a good driver.

I've never seen him do a Rubinho like the German GP many moons ago where Rubins won when that nutter came out on the track.

Rubens really drove well that day , I can't remember Felipe ever performing like that

24. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #2824 DGS, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    Does anyone actually watch the races?

"He went backwards".

Not on track.

On the first stint, he was right behind Alonso.
    Alonso stopped from first and came out fifth.
    Massa stopped from first and came out ... twelfth.
    He then proceeded to pass people left and right and was fifth by his second stop.
    Where he was tossed back to twelfth again.

He then stopped. He just held position his entire third stint.
    Massa may be putting a face on it by blaming graining, but that's another example of Rob getting on the radio and holding him back.
    Does anyone really think he couldn't have passed Hulk, if he wasn't told not to?

But the only car we saw pass Massa on track was Vettel on fresh tires after Massa had been circulating a while.

If you've been watching, this has been the scenario for a year or so: Massa gets dumped out of the top ten every time he goes into the pits.
    And Rob is constantly on the radio holding him back, telling him to "preserve his tires".
    Preserve them for what? So they can get a refund at the end of the race?

Ferrari has a long history of *NOT* caring about the second car.
    When they had Rubens let Schumi by, Rubens needed the points more than Shumi did, but the WDC was the focus, not the WCC or the position of the second car.

That's always been my biggest disappointment with the Scuderia: when they have the package to dominate, they sluff off anyway.

Ferrari had it right when they let Kimi and Massa compete with each other ... until Monza.

The "two Massas"? Try "two Ferraris". The Ferrari where Kimi and Massa competed with each other. But after the accident, Massa came back to a Ferrari where Santander had bought Alonso "star" billing. (Does no one remember Kimi, with a year left on his contract, suddenly going off to WRC when Alonso was bought into the team?)

Remember last year? "You're too close to Alonso".
    Don't make ego boy nervous.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Geez, why am I not surprised?