2013 FORMULA 1 CHINA GRAND PRIX RACE ***OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS*** | Page 14 | FerrariChat

2013 FORMULA 1 CHINA GRAND PRIX RACE ***OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by freshmeat, Apr 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #326 freshmeat, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Changing the nose would've taken at least 10 seconds, if not longer. Too big of a risk.

3. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    that's what kimi said post race interview, and that the car seemed ok, not to unbalanced, he made some adjustments and kept on ....he knows what he's doing! ;) :D

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

12 second lost just for the nose change. He had understeer as a result of the damage but was manageable according to Kimi after the race. Tough call but it paid off.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    we are living in yet another golden age of formula one. these first 3 races have been fantastic. today's was just great all round. i like it that ferrari won of course, but i love it that kimi is in front this season - what a comeback !

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Kimi looks to me like a better driver than Phil but is too independent to suit the powers that be at SF IMVHO.

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    knew there is something more than a compromised strategy

too bad for him these tyres dont suit his driving style or setup

great overtaking on hamilton though

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    The China GP was the first GP Loldonado did not DNF =)

9. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Watched the race this morning....

I thought the result was great - and I couldn't help but notice Alonso, Hamilton and Kimi all seemed to be joking and laughing with each other - clearly friends.

Webber again shows he's a putz. How many extra point would he have if he wasn't Captain Crash? He seems to think that if he always just stays in it and crashes rather than cedes position, that eventually other drivers will say "Oh, that's Webber, I better let him through because otherwise he'll crash me out". The man has maybe a year or two left in F1, and if people haven't gotten it yet, they're not going to. Meanwhile, he's screwed himself too many times to count with that move.

Massa again shows he's a putz too. He was soooo far behind Alonso. Massa is making the Ferrari look a lot worse than it is.

On the other hand, I think Hamilton is making the Benz look a lot better than it is. I don't think it's the 2-3rd fastest car. He seems happy too - good for him.

I can't have been the only one who noticed how close the field was several laps into the race. People can complain about tires and fuel, but this is shaping up to be another fantastic F1 season. And based on how close things are, it proves Vettel was absolutely right to pass Webber at the last race. No question about it.

10. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #335 Spdrcrj, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Watching the F1 race in my garage, putting a fresh coat of wax on my CS, enjoying a cold beer. It does not get any better than that.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Beg to differ.

Karma can be a ***** and I'm confident that something will happen at some point where he loses more than the 7 points he stole from Mark. Dunno how or when, but it will happen IMO.

And again, that atmosphere in the garage is pure poison; Mr No Balls is stuck in the middle, Crazy Helmut is doing who knows what and Mr Mateschitz isn't happy.

As I've said before, I really think the wheels are starting to fall off the Cans. "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Cheers,
    Ian

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So all those who were bagging out Ferrari and Alonso for not pitting immediately with his front wing issues last race ... we're they stressing out over Kimi's situation?

Note Kimi was telling the team it felt good just as Alonso obviously had good front grip until it broke. Drivers cannot see the front wing BUT they can feel its affects and all that matters is that it works.

Yes not exactly the same but if Alonso's wing had just held on a little longer he would have been a hero ... some times you have to take risks to win.
    Pete

13. DF1

Kimi's wing was fully attached. How many races have Ferrari seen other teams with wings dragging the track break off and go UNDER the car. I recall that being fairly common. They showed desperation rather than sound judgement.

14. DF1

Forza Fernando - Chinese Grand Prix review | Chinese Grand Prix | F1 features | ESPN F1 - Interesting observation of Red Bull. I agree with you. Its now just a team with one ruling driver and the 'other' side of the garage. Horner appears to be marginalized completely. That happends only when someone else is ruling the place. Marko and Vettel would be my guess.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1
    And yet people still complain about the tires. Heads up, same rules apply to everyone!

+1

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Hell of a drive from Alonso. Massa needs to pick it up some, 40 seconds behind your teammate is a weak showing.

Good start to the year, very nice to bounce back from the disappointment in Malaysia.

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    More horrendous announcing in this race as well. Matchet's dumb ass "ADVANTAGE RED BULL, ADVANTAGE RED BULL" when Vettel came out of the pits in front of Alonso had me rolling my eyes considering that he still had to pit again. When Alonso blew by him a few moments later I yelled at my TV "ADVANTAGE FERRARI" haha

18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    #343 Etcetera, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Just poor driving obviously ...... :rolleyes:

I'm loving the RB garage being divided, Horner-Webber Vs Mako-Sabrina :p

Heard yesterday from someone in the FCA here that Horner and Webber are in quite a few business ventures together.

20. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The comeuppance already happened..... at the last race, when Vettel broke it off in Webber's ass after Webber went out of his way to make it hard for Vettel to pass him and win his 3rd WDC last year.

:D

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVDApUlueyQ]Chynuh '13 R Ice - YouTube[/ame]

Kimi team radio.

First bit his engineer wants him to adjust clutch bite point, and at the end Kimi mumbles something about why they wanted to change the bite point as it has been perfect all weekend.

Always good to hear a driver speak his mind! :)

22. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Great Post as Always! Fantastic Race, Forza Fernando and Forza Ferrari.

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Really?, I honestly thought there was little respect for each other based on TV interviews, etc.

But I will say that both Horner and Webber are push overs ...
    Pete

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

25. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That explains their position in RB, 'Mako' is your typical arrogant Eurotrash, I think you need a VERY strong character to put up with that rubbish, something Speed couldn't do