Bioshock Infinite | FerrariChat

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Etcetera, Mar 31, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    So far...trash story, trash graphics.

Really trash graphics. Looks dated in 2007. Runs like ***** on new hardware in 2013. Tech wise, it's pure *****.

Story mumbles along for THREE hours, or 25% of the game before Elisabeth shows up, and then mumbles along for more hours.

Game comes across as pure **** in the first 5 minutes and never gets better.

Laughable reviews put it at 9.5/10 or similar. Some give it 10/10. Utterly laughable. The game is maybe a 2/10, and that's on a good day.

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I've been playing it... it's... meh... it's not even comparable to the original or BioShock 2. Not the worst I've played, but I put a few hours in and I haven't been motivated to turn it on again.

You playing on PC? I'm running on the XBOX. Smooth enough - just not very gripping story/gameplay.

3. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yeah, playing on PC. I don't own a console. I managed to muster the will to play the game for a few hours tonight.

The graphics remain bad. The story is fairly mediocre. The world design is uninspired. The sound design gets on my nerves.

Combat isn't engaging...and the powers that I have aren't terribly useful. I step out, snipe, step back, and the only time I use my magic powers is when I accidentally mash down on my RMB to activate them. I beat a few bosses using only carbine + snipe, no magics.

GF really likes the game, which is the only positive thing I can say about it. :)

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You finish it yet?

I put a few hours in last weekend and finished it.... overall, very "meh". The vigors, IMO, were stupid - I only ever used about 2 of them. I also thought the weapons were pretty dumb... I hated that I could only carry two (why?) and I was always running out of ammo, which was no big deal because the hot chick following me around was always giving me more.

Most of the game was super easy, but a couple of parts were ridiculously hard.

And the "big twist in the story" at the end was uber-meh.

5. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Nah, haven't played since my last post.

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    damn. I was expecting better reviews Played through the first one and loved it immensely. Watched the trailer for Infinite, and it looks stunning, but looks only go so far.

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  8. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Finally finished.

Game definitely picked up on the fun factor about halfway through and felt pretty darned clever up till the end.

Gawd. That. Ending. Basically kicks the rest of the game in the nuts and then pees on the third rail.