Do you like the new LaFerrari? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you like the new LaFerrari?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by RS6bird, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you like the new LaFerrari?

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Elentinos

Elentinos Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    I don't like the recent hypercars like the Enzo, but I like this one. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the car was that it looked like a 458 on steroids. And I think that's a really good thing, like the 288GTO looked like a 308GTB on steroids. I like that.

2. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    The basic form does evoke the 458. Since the 458 is the most beautiful sports car of the last 20 years, it makes sense to carry its form in their flagship car. Therefore it makes no sense to say that it is "too 458."

3. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    +1. I think you nailed it.

4. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    Yes.... Oooooo la la

I think we are still digesting the looks and with time we'll love it just like the models before it.

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Looks like they took the new C7 hood and lights and dropped it on there. It's funny to hear positive comments of the Ferrari when they made fun of the Vette.

6. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    This is the first of the Ferrari 'Supercars' I've really liked the look of since the F40.

The name is silly though although Ferrari have never been that great at naming their cars - 275GTB4 taken out of context sounds like a photocopier- a suitable nickname needs to be thought of.

7. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    Absolutely love it....can't wait for our fchat members to get one and write about it!

8. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I voted no--at first glance. I feel as if I've done this with other Ferraris of the past however, and then retracted my statement upon seeing one with my own two eyes. Often times, photos simply do not do the car a full justice.

Technically speaking, I'm sure the car produces mind-boggling stats. That, I know we will all be impressed by.

For now, I will anxiously wait until that awesome day I get to see one in person!

9. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I love that curves are back. The rear three-quarter view reminds me of the Huyara a little too much. That engine is the stuff of male multiple orgasms . . . .

Congrats Ferrari!

10. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    It's the new benchmark! I love it!

Rb

11. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    looks great! much better than expected,ask your self if your a billionaire,would you add this to your collection?

12. Speed Demon 1

Speed Demon 1 Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2009
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    SS
    I like the car a lot! It is both evolutionary in carrying styling themes from the 458 and P4/5 (from the back) and revolutionary in its engineering with impressive performance!

But damn that name! Really Luca?

13. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I love it both aesthetically and mechanically. However, that name is biblically stupid and someone needs to lose their job over it.

14. Speed Demon 1

Speed Demon 1 Formula Junior

Apr 22, 2009
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    SS
    I totally agree but that would be Luca Cordero de Montezemolo!!! He hand picked the name according to sources close to Ferrari on FChat. It is not happening!

15. Ferrari Rebel

Ferrari Rebel Karting

Dec 27, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Rebel
    Love the car. Hate the name.

16. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Yes. Graceful, as supercars go, and true to origins. New Lambo/Porsche/McLaren all faithful to their respective design equities as well, I think.

17. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    I know I can't ever afford to buy one, so of course I hate it, but I love it, and yet hate it!?!

18. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What he said.

And this.

The car gives me a headache --way too much extraneous detail. I can't believe it needed pontoon fenders to go faster.

Give me a 918 Spyder. Porsche seems to know when to take the crayons away from the kids and turn design over to engineers.

19. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Luddite?....... This is the way of the future and I think it's great that they're pushing the boundaries and migrating F1 tech into the thing. It's a *long* way from junk IMO.

From the site;

S-w-e-e-t-!.......

Most stupid name in history however.

Cheers,
    Ian
    HY-KERS System - LaFerrari

20. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    KERS etc makes sense in Formula 1 where you are limited to a defined formula and KERS provides in that formula an avenue to some extra power, but if there were no actual formula or set of rules for performance, as in a road car, then the solution is not in adding the weight of an additional drivetrain to the vehicle.

Believe me, I am big on paddle shift, advanced traction control, etc. I just don't think that if someone was going to create a car from a clean sheet of paper with only performance in mind that they would stick heavy batteries and electric motors on board in lieu of bigger displacement or more boost.

But Ferrari McLaren and Porsche are all doing it, so what do I know? When batteries weigh less and the electric motor is more powerful and efficient, I would be in favor of the all electric car. The combo is just a ploy to look more "green," again IMO.

21. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You think LaFerrari is being promoted as an environmentally responsible ride? :confused:

22. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    So if it adds more power than it does weight compared to the rest of the powertrain, it's not worth putting in? This unit has something like a 2 lb/hp ratio which massively improves the ratio for the rest of the car giving it around 3.16 lb/hp overall. Without the electric motor, it's at around 3.42 lb/hp. If somebody told you they could bolt something onto your car that would improve it's weight/power ratio by 8% while improving emissions and gas mileage at the same time, you'd have to be crazy to say no...

23. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Love it.

24. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Not completely blown away by it. Love the front and rear. Don't like the side view (area above the gas cap) seems too high/fat/no design elements. Just slopes straight back. I feel like it needs something there.

25. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Personally, I LOVE everything about it, except for its name : LaFerrari !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a joke, probably the worst name in automobile history !!!!!!!!!!!!! They killed it !!!

Also, I believe there will be quite a few owners who in the long term will remove the heavy battery pack and electric motor in favor of lighter weight... Maybe, or maybe not...
    Who knows ?