MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND | Page 4 | FerrariChat

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by REALMUSCLE1, Feb 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALMUSCLE1

REALMUSCLE1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 5, 2013
    #76 REALMUSCLE1, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Well....this just got real interesting! Fantastic, I can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

See.....a pix really is worth a 1000 words ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

3. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #78 lear60man, Feb 25, 2013
    THANK YOU! Now that wasnt so hard was it?

We are not a group of 'haters.' I have a great life and am thankfully young enough that most of my body is working as advertised.

Since you took the time to post a pic, I'll show you mine. The big black thing is my office, and no I dont own it. Only the car.

I'm no Shamile but Im happy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller

Wow Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Wow great office with a wonderful view!

5. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Dude, you should really get a black Testarossa, or a white jet to match ;)

6. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Please post more about this car. This may become a very good thread. You have an interresting car.

7. Ferrari 641

Ferrari 641 Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
  8. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
  9. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Those ads link to VIN 64363, REALMUSCLE1 says his VIN is 63631, so how many real cars are there? Interestingly, the car in the ad's window sticker (not registration) indicates "white/brown" as the original colors--original cars were Nero--can't be right. I also like the clarity in the description..."World Famous “Miami Vice”...VERY RARE “WHITE Exterior”...this Ferrari Testarossa was the Actual car featured in Dan Marino Pony shoe ad, and also in “Miami Vice” calendar, poster, and TV show… A White Ferrari Testarossa was used in the show....

"This is not the one used in the show!"

OK, I'm clear now.

REALMUSCLE1, where is that "Miami Vice" data plate located on the car, I can't make it out by the photo. Great find if you have the real deal, please help us learn more with as many details as possible.

10. Ferrari 641

Ferrari 641 Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    Is it possible that there where two screen used cars, but others for PR work? I know at any one time there are a half of dozen race show cars across the country. Also, wasn't there a ride in Orlando that featured Miami vice? Could there be some cars for that?

11. REALMUSCLE1

REALMUSCLE1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 5, 2013
    ON REAR BUMPER TOP DRIVERS SIDE .

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Interesting. Have you been able to determine if this car was on display anywhere previously? I would doubt that for shooting they would have that plaque on the bumper. But maybe a promotional car?

13. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Settle down. You agreed to the TOS when you signed up and you're violating it. We don't tolerate insults or flaming here.

1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another user.

1.2 No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this community. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

1.4 No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, gorish, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise in violation of any applicable laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. No circumventing the censor system. Moderators will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.

14. REALMUSCLE1

REALMUSCLE1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 5, 2013
    GREAT NEWS!!!! 100% CONFIRMED ! i just spoke to (( brian m, after sales manager for ferrari , florida district )) , both cars #63631 and #63259 are the MIAMI VICE CARS!! ... the car @ the swapshop in fort lauderdale and the car owned by me were both black when new , were serviced @ the collection ferrari miami and were both used for the t.v. show miami vice .......

15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    What is your angle here? First you said you "found" the Miami Vice Testarossa, then you implied you own it and then further suggested you would be interested in a trade...

As Rob suggested, it seems to me that you are using this forum to build your case to sell your car.

BTW, why is your car now 100% confirmed, I thought FNA already 100% confirmed it... In fact, when this whole thread began the first thing you said was that your car was 100% confirmed.

You are either really insecure and perhaps not as confident in its authenticity as your all caps would lead some to believe, or within the next two months you are going to be posting your car for sale and trying to use Ferrarichat to bolster your claims.

If you have a Miami Vice car, Great! Owning it would be cool I suppose, like owning the Cannonball run Countach...but I don't think Tom Shaughnesssy was this worked up when he found the chassis to that 1952 Ferrari 340 America on Ebay :D

All I am saying is, tone it down a bit... there are forums where a bombastic approach works...it seldom does here.

16. REALMUSCLE1

REALMUSCLE1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 5, 2013
    #91 REALMUSCLE1, Feb 26, 2013
  17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You have 3 days to post 3 different angle pics of your car plus of the VIN plate or u will be perm banned.

18. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Good God, that looks like a screen capture from the 80s.

19. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Ran across this on youtube, from the first episode of the 3rd season, the black TR showing here is apparently the one(s) that became white and was introduced in the second episode! Michael Mann decided to use them before the official introduction in the show.

I had never seen the most iconic TR of all time in its original birth color! But I can see why they were painted white.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PzGcf-0N4k]Zonic Zynth: Miami Vice Score - 'When Irish Eyes are Crying' - YouTube[/ame]

20. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    One of Liam Neeson's early TV appearances.

21. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Lol :D

22. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    And meaningless...

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    +512TR.....:rolleyes:

24. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    + 63631

:D

25. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    In my previous professional life, I was a prop master in Hollywood. I still collect today. Unfortunately the prop world has its share of 'mistakes'.....especially on big ticket items, or items from famous movies/shows. The temptation to produce a bogus Certificate of Authenticity is too great for many.

Even large auction houses like Christies, Profiles In History or The Prop Store of London, aren't immune to selling counterfeit items by mistake. Authenticating a prop is rarely 100% fool proof. But you can hedge your bet with WRITTEN COA's from the production studio AND Prop Studio.

In this case, in order to be sold at auction, the major auction houses would most likely require two COA's. One from Ferrari NA and the other from Universal. The seller would want it to read something like, 'Serial number XXXX was one of two actual filming cars used in the production of the .....' But here is the problem......We ran into this when trying to get Universal to authenticate 2 Battlestar Galactica Cylon helmets. They didnt want to be liable due to the fact that the helmets in question were out of their possession. They could have been copies and without HD screen grabs, they were unwilling to take the risk.

IF, IF, IF the OP has a clear paper trail leading to Universal AND Universal is able to verify the car internally as an actual filming vehicle, not promo car, they might kick out a COA. But you got to ask, whats in it for them? Answer: Co defendants in a lawsuit if the car is found to be not genuine.

I have asked the OP openly if he is a used car dealer. (Auto Plus Pawn, in Miami) If he is, then I think this is bad form to use this forum to generate interest under the guise of 'fact finding'. It seems the only facts being shared are from us to him to be used in a future sale. As of this moment, the car is being presented to us with 'Soft Provenance' basically just his word. I truly hope the OP will be able to obtain COA's, Titles etc.

In the screen used prop collecting world, 'Soft Provenance' has no value. Verifiable documentation is king, the rest goes up for sale on Ebay.