365 GT on SF Craigslist | FerrariChat

365 GT on SF Craigslist

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by santacruzn, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. santacruzn

santacruzn Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Grace
  2. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    #2 180 Out, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    I actually responded to that ad, and got an email response two days later, including this link to many pix: http://postimage.org/gallery/ador4n6/ . It's Chassis no. 11607. http://postimage.org/image/io47v409t/ . Does anyone recognize this car?

I just got a second email. The car's in San Antonio (or was it Lagos?) The seller is using the eBay Vehicle Protection Program. The car's located at an eBay shipping company. The buyer sends $960 by a bank transfer to the eBay VPP. The car is shipped to the buyer for a five day inspection. If the buyer doesn't like the car he/she can ship it back to San Antonio and get a full refund. Should I do it?

3. 67 GTC

67 GTC Rookie

Apr 23, 2008
    I believe this car is currently for sale in Los Angeles for $85,000(?), possilbly by Beverly Hills Car Club? This reminds me of the Lusso supposedly being sold from Spain awhile ago. Save your money.

4. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I too responded to it when it appeared on Aussie ebay a week or so ago......no response from the 'seller'.

5. YenkoKurt

YenkoKurt Rookie

May 19, 2012
    Topanga CA
    Full Name:
    Kurt Anderson
    All those pics are from when the car was listed at Beverly Hills Car Club. The owner, Alex Manos, prices his stuff to sell but 23k! Not!

Scam.

6. Vintage Ferrari

May 1, 2011
    If it is to good to be true....it is a scam. This one, no question.

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Now on E-bay UK!
    Same pic's.
    Seller has over 2800 positive feed back comments.
    Do you think his account has been hijacked?

8. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Have contacted the seller. No response as of yet. Yet another Craigslist scammer I guess.

9. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Had a reply from the seller, Martin Kutts:

"Hello,

Here are few details regarding the car:
    1968 Ferrari 365GT 2+2, chassis# 11607, matching numbers, black with crème interior, paint is not perfect, but very presentable, same owner for many years and just came out of private collection, lots of service receipts and history, great color combination, mechanically sound.
    Please fined enclosed few pictures of the car.
    Since i am currently located in Douglas, Isle of Man with some business.I already arranged everything to set-up the shipping of the car to whole Europe on my expense.You get free shipping!
    I just need your full name, shipping address and phone number to start the official transaction with the shipping company.
    If you still remain interested in buying my car, please get back to me with the required information as i am looking on a quick sale.

Thank you"

10. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    NO! It is a typivcal scam.

Regards

Wolfi

11. henk3

henk3 Karting

Feb 14, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Henk de Vries
    The same scammer has put a car on Autoscout in Europe. Clearly too low a price, and the pictures are from an old ebay ad.
    Why someone does this, is unclear to me. What is the point? Or are there really people that believe this?
    Henk de Vries, Amsterdam

12. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I knew I remembered the photos found it on Anamera for 50,000€ if it was for real I would like to buy it , but alas... Is anyone have a connection in
    Grenada,Spain ?